1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Custom figures and dioramas

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Dearth, Jul 24, 2009.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

o lol whats ur next one ur working on
  2. christianw

christianw Active Member

3. muppetlover123

wow nice job christian where can i buy the material you use for these guys
  4. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Oh my goodness, thats alotta muppets.
  5. christianw

christianw Active Member

6. j3h

j3h Active Member

simply just WOW.
    so many characters (and a magnificent display) that I would love to add to my own collection.
  7. j3h

j3h Active Member

So a random passing thought on a guest star custom (note: I have not looked into scale or compatability of parts)

Diamond Select Dracula body:
    [​IMG]

old McFarlane Alice Cooper head (the hat is a seperate accessory):
    [​IMG]

makes season 3 "welcome to my Nightmare" number outfit:
    [​IMG]
  8. christianw

christianw Active Member

9. muppetlover123

nice next figure
  10. LamangoNumber2

Why not make Oscar the grouch, have both of Carol Spiney's characters?
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Just found this thread and I have to say, you guys posting pictures are really talented! It's so cool all the work you're putting into this. Plus anybody who takes the time out to make Wayne and Wanda action figures is cool in my book.
  12. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hi Customers,
    can you tell me how to remove a figures head? Do I need to boil the entire figure?

Im planning on removing the Newsmans head and replacing it with a newly sculpted Digit head and then paint the costume.

What paints are best to use on the costume? and head?
  13. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Wow! Wish I could make a Walter figure like the one in those pictures.
  14. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

How do you make these? You are amazing!
  15. muppetlover123

16. GAR

GAR New Member

Hello everybody, I'm new to these boards. Although a lifelong fan of everything Jim Henson related, I never really picked up on the Palisades Muppets figures until roughly a year ago. I have been customizing Masters Of The Universe figures for a few years now and my love for Muppets made me think of the poster that was in Muppet magazine back in the 1980s where Kermit was dressed up like He-Man. So I wanted to make him, went looking for a base figure, found Kermit... long story short, my house is now full of Palisades toys.

Anyway, when I saw this thread I felt it might be fun to share my custom here too. So here he is, He-Frog, first picture is him next to the actual poster for comparison. Second is him with a Masters Of The Universe figure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope you all like. I'm currently building his female counterpart She-Pig (or maybe Piggy Of Power - not sure how to name her yet) from a damaged Pigs In Space First Mate Piggy that I got in a lot of figures. She wasn't in any Muppets media, but I felt that He-Frog just needs a companion on the shelf. Also, when discovering this board a few days ago and seeing the awesome Dearth Nadir made by Dearth here, I really have to make him as well!
    MuppetGuy75 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  17. LamangoNumber2

... I pray to Frog that he doesn't ride a muppet into battle...
  18. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Heeeyyyy... now that's actually an intriguing idea...

GAR, you should take a MOTU Battle Cat and repaint it to look like Gaffer, the backstage cat! Add an eyepatch and a bandage around his tail, voila!

Alex

PS

J3h, I love that Alice Cooper idea!
    j3h likes this.
  19. Wachusk

Wachusk New Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my FIRST attempt at Polymer sculpting EVER. I want to make my own palisades figures, but with a bit more realistic elements. I have always wanted to do Fraggles, so i thought I would test my skills on Wembly's Head....What do you think folks? I decided to use thread for hair...thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check it out more pics of this Sculpting process and other Muppet Magic on my Site:
    http://lancecardinal.blogspot.ca/2012/03/wembley-fraggle-polymer-head-sculpt.html
    Telly, MuppetGuy75 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  20. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That looks amazing! You've done a fantastic job.