1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Custom figures and dioramas

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Dearth, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I better get cracking on making a Spotted Dick figure, a Calico figure, a One-Eyed Jack figure, a Walleye Pike figure, a Luncheon Counter Monster figure, and a Rover Joe figure, while i also try my hand at making a Howard Tubman figure.

2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Great job on all of them! :)

LStein likes this.
  3. Mad Monty fan

Another pig related character i might make a figure for is Howard Tubman. I just gotta wait to get more sculpey clay to make him.

4. los

los Active Member

My 5yr old daughter's first custom.
    Presenting Mr. Irving Bizarre.
    [​IMG]

Phil Van Neuter feet with foam top hat.

5. FrackleFan2012

Nice job on Irving! :)

6. Mad Monty fan

Completed and still in the process of being painted is a Spotted Dick custom i made.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  7. FrackleFan2012

Nice! :)

8. Mad Monty fan

Completely unrelated to this thread, but has anyone made custom Madagascar figures of Alex, Melman, Gloria, Marty, King Julien, Mort, and Maurice?

9. los

los Active Member

This was a work in Progress but my daughter already claimed her.

[​IMG]

10. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Wow that is Awesome, how did you make the head did you use an existing one and paint it or start from scratch ? Also the Irving Bizzare custom is pretty cool

11. Mad Monty fan

Has anyone thought about making a Bobby Benson figure using both the hair and head from Marvin Suggs painted gray and yellow, the purple suit of Gonzo with the hands and head removed, and the shades from Zoot painted black?

12. FrackleFan2012

Nice work! :)

LStein likes this.
  13. los

los Active Member

It's a Suggs head and Gonzo body. Still had to lighten the hair and replace the hands. May revisit the mouth and resculpt the cheek area.
    That's if I ever get it back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lukas Kleppe, galagr, LStein and 2 others like this.
  14. Mad Monty fan

Have you thought about using the tuxedo from the Gonzo figure and the head and hair from Marvin Suggs and the shades from Zoot to make a Bobby Benson figure? That'd also work.

15. los

los Active Member

Working on the loud mouth whatnot. Just have the head and may just use cloth for the body.

[​IMG]

May make teeth to make her the shark toothed whatnot too.

16. los

los Active Member

I think that maybe the Newsman would work better since he has a bigger chin. If you go for it, I'd like to see it posted.

17. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Wow! Both of your figures look absolutely amazing!

18. FrackleFan2012

Nice job so far! :)

19. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Wow all your customs are really Cool. I'm guessing that for the whatnot your using a usher Scooter figures head painted blue, Great idea. :)

20. los

los Active Member

Yup. Just take the glasses hat/hair and ears off and it is a good whatnot head. It's a tad large but it works. I was going to make it into one of the creepy eyes whatnots backing Floyd in "Searchin" but I am working on increasing the female muppet presence on the insistence of my daughter.