Custom figures and dioramas

rowlfy662

Reaction score
wow lucky the backstage is the playset that dreams are made of if i won the lottery i could buy it from America for $600 which is £300 but right now that is too steep for me at the moment also two of the customs monsters would £120 all together due to shipping i hate shipping but well done on winning the backstage

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Dearth, do you have an extra rubber chicken or groucho mask?

Muppetaz

Reaction score
I took this picture just for fun :eek:
IMG_3160.JPG

I can't figure out how to upload photos to this new fourm

Dearth

Reaction score
Just paste them right into the reply box, it's amazingly easy compared to the old way.

How much did you pay for the Backstage playset? Did it not come with Rowlf? I know you said you were interested in getting them both together.

Judging from the photo, one of the lamps on the wall is missing, and the phonograph player. What I call the Victrola. The telephone may be there, it's hard to tell.

If it hasn't been shipped yet, be sure to ask the seller to package the contents VERY carefully. I had one Backstage arrive in horrible condition because a small wall broke free and banged around in transit, breaking all sorts of other pieces. Thankfully the seller gave me a refund.

If the hatrack is broken, which it almost always is, look for a perfect brass replacement at Hobby Lobby. I think they're made by Mayberry Street? Costs about $3. If you can't find one, let me know, I think our Hobby Lobby still had some the last time I was there.

Actually, even buying a factory-sealed Palisades toy is risky. A year or two ago, I bought a sealed Pigs in Space playset, and one of the consoles that was blister-sealed to the package pulled free and rattled around, damaging practically everything else. Luckily, I had bought the entire set for only $10 shipped, primarily to have an extra First Mate Piggy for a custom, so the playset (which I owned twice over) was very redundant.

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
thanks, but what do I paste into the reply box? and whats a reply box?

I don't relly mind that it's missing the phonograph, however I'm going to try to find an inexpensive Rowlf somewhere, If you have one to sell that would be great. the backstage sold for about $206, but the seller was from Europe so it was 166 pounds. if it is missing parts do you have any extras? also I just won a Fozzie recently without any props, and I was wondering if you had an extra groucho mask or rubber chicken.

Dearth

Reaction score
thanks, but what do I paste into the reply box? and whats a reply box?
Okay, you know how in the past, you had to upload the pics to Rebelscum or some other hosting site, and then do the hyperlink? Now, all you have to do is highlight the photo wherever you've posted it, hit Control+C to copy it, and then hit Control+V to paste it into the reply box.

The reply box is the thing I am typing in right now. Whenever you're making a reply to a thread, it's the blank field that you're typing it in.

I don't relly mind that it's missing the phonograph, however I'm going to try to find an inexpensive Rowlf somewhere...
Good luck with that. If you find some that are inexpensive, be sure to let me know!

If you have one to sell that would be great.
Nope, I sold my only spare one for $150 last year. Funnily enough, I offered it for sale here on the forums first, and no one was interested. Then I put it up on eBay at a slightly lower price to encourage bidding, and the high bidder wound up paying exactly what I'd been asking for here without a nibble.

if it is missing parts do you have any extras? also I just won a Fozzie recently without any props, and I was wondering if you had an extra groucho mask or rubber chicken.
Well, the spare Backstage for which I am still asking $200 includes everything except Rowlf and the hatrack, but I threw in a brass one to replace it. I need to keep those pieces with it for whatever future buyer expresses interest in it.

I think I have a spare rubber chicken, maybe I can get to my huge stack of boxes in a few weeks and sift through them all. The Groucho glasses are something I want to keep the extras of, for a possible 'Mallory Gallery fence' diorama.

... you saw my video right?
What was the video that you were asking about in my other thread?

Alex

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i think i remember that backstage you won muppetaz its from ebay uk the guy that was selling it is on muppet central i asked him if the it included the phone and player and he said it was not included actually that the first were we've had thousands of figures in the uk looks like it happenes once in a blue sun :smile:

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Dearth, I meant my collection video, scroll up a little more on this thread to some of the older posts, you will see it.

Dearth

Reaction score
Yeah, I did watch it not too long ago. But I was on my iPod at the time and couldn't leave a comment on YouTube. I wanted to, because I was interested in getting a copy of that audio track.

Alex