1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dave's Appropriate and Distanced Admirers

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Beauregard, Sep 22, 2007.

1. FraggleRockRock New Member

Awwwwww, thanks! Now I feel justified in shouting Whoopie! Maybe I'll try the same thing on RHLC... I haven't been there yet.

Anyhow, I guess I'd best state here and now that my favorite muppet of ALL TIME is Boober Fraggle. I LOVE Boober. :flirt: He's so cute and small and funny and fantastic. Dave G. plays him sooooooo well. So naturally that causes me to LOVE him too (in an appropriate and distanced sort of way; I'm not crazy or anything...:crazy: )
  2. Beauregard Well-Known Member

(Of course not, of course not. Because we are all distanced and appapro in these parts.)

One thing worth mentioning about Dave is that he is still here. Frank and Jerry are retired, but Dave is still dead center in the world of Muppetdom. Gotta love and squeeze him for that.
  3. FraggleRockRock New Member

Yeah, that's true...

By the by, did Dave ever do anything for Sesame? (Watching it right now with my little bro and the thought just occured to me)
  4. abiraniriba New Member

nice club

Me: Well this looks like a nice club *wipes feet*
    Mat: Hey You, Get your filthy dirty BLEEP feet offa me!
    Me: Oh, sorrrry, touchy. *gets off mat*
    Mat: 'salright
    Me: *walking through door* Okay Gonzo's cousin is here let's get this party started *jumps into huge vat of oatmeal and starts tap dancing*

Sorry guys I got the mat from the puppet improv people
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club, the bar is open and music pumps through these large black speakers and there's a mosh pit and....oops...wrong club...*heads towards Club Dot instead of Club Dave*
  6. FraggleRockRock New Member

Club Dave sounds (to me) like a tropical resort club for some reason (I wonder why...?...) where the walls are decorated with little tikis featuring Dave's characters and the drinks are served in coco shells. (Not a bad place to be if you ask me :D )
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

"Whatever" Mr. Goelz' begings...he is the heart and soul of what the Muppets were and are. I feel the gang is safe with his continued involvement with the Muppets.

Thank you Dave, you are much appreciated!

:concern: :confused: :cool:
  8. FraggleRockRock New Member

That just says it all. *sniff sniff :cry:* So sweet!
  9. BeakerSqueedom Active Member

*Huggles FRR*
    Dude, I'm starting to get teary eyed.
    *Sniffles*

LOL!
  10. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Great...*hands out tissues* Now look what you did...*dabs own eyes*
  11. abiraniriba New Member

explaining the mat joke

Me: Mat has a very thankless and underappreciated job (so do substitute teachers). All day he lays outside the door and everybody comes in and walks all over him and wipes their dirty shoes off on him. Some people don't even wear shoes:eek: After a while he gets kind of bitter and :grouchy: also some of the dirt on people's feet gets into his mouth, hence the language. About the only break he gets is occassionally when a woman wearing a skirt comes in:halo:

Mat: Hey, you didn't have to put in that last sentence, now they know why I took this job! Sheesh!
  12. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Appropriate and Distanced Police: *enters, sweep up Mat, and toss from the door into the street* *dust off hands* *head to the bar*
  13. abiraniriba New Member

*Garbage truck drives up*

Garbage Man: Hey, somebody threw out a pefectly good mat! Hey Mat, what are you doing out here?
    Mat: They fired me!
    Gabage Man: Fired you? Why?
    Mat: Too dirty, I guess.
    Garbage Man: Aww I can fix that. *goes in truck and come back out with soap, bleach and scrub brush*
    Mat *being cleaned up* : Hey that tickles
    Garbage man: There, nice and clean
    Mat: Thanks, why you being so nice to me?
    Garbage Man: Let's just say I know what your job is like *points out stuff in truck*
    Mat: Yeah, I see what you mean. Do you think they'll take me back?
    Garbage Man: Only one way to find out.
    Mat: Well, since I can't go up to the door myself would you mind taking me.
    Garbage Man: Certainly *picks up mat, rolls it up, carries it to door, and lays it out* Looks like a nice place. Do you mind?
    Mat: Go right ahead, it's my job.
    Garbage Man: Thanks *wipes feet, comes in, proceeds to bar, orders drink in a dirty glass.
  14. FraggleRockRock New Member

:D Hehe, no longer teary.:D
  15. anytimepally Active Member

Golly, do you have mashed potatoes? (I'm starving :))
  16. FraggleRockRock New Member

Omigosh, I LOVE that line! :flirt:
  17. BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Dude, now that we're in this Davey fanclub...
    I suggest we crazily praise him until we turn lime
    green--or blue.

:p

Meep, I'm just gonna find clips of him.
    ;)
  18. FraggleRockRock New Member

Praise:

Wow! That Dave Goelz is fantastic! He's so great. He's like... a genius... wonderful performer... fantabulous... splendiferous... awe-inspiring (because every time we see him, we go "Awwwww," :p ) great artist, wonderful voice, terrific singer...

*begins to turn blue (I turned green yesterday)*

You know, a lot of Dave's characters are either green or blue...
  19. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Some of them...Zoot, for instance....used to be green and are now blue...
  20. Winslow Leach Active Member

My top three favorite Dave characters:

Boober
    Gonzo
    Zoot

Boober has always been my favorite Fraggle.