1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Did anyone else watch Muppet Babies?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Movies205, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I love Muppet Babies!

I was about three when I saw it and it introduced me to the muppet world. If it weren't for Muppet Babies I would never be the muppet fan I am now.

Any show that encourages kids to use their imaginations in a non-violent way has to be good, right?

Animation wise, it could've been better, but I felt it had a warm, fluffy feel to it and I loved that as a kid.

The songs were cute and I just adored some of the stories. My favourite episode is when the MBs think that Nanny is going to get rid of one of them after they over hear a conversation. I have that on tape somewhere, and now I have a sudden urge to go and watch it. Lol.
  2. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

I like the episode...

My blockbuster had some of the Muppet Baby tapes, and you rent them for free since there kid videos but I'm going rent some it got be like 4-6 years since I've seen Muppet Babies. So I'm goign rent a tape and see if I still like it, hopefully I will. Some cartoons I use to like when I was kid I didn't like as much now as b4 but they were still good.
  3. Tonichelle

Tonichelle New Member

Muppet Babies was my first Muppet Show... when I got older I enjoyed watching reruns of the Muppet Show... and then I graduated to Muppet Movies later on. :)
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Sorry to have to tell you Jamie, but it looks like you were the only one who didnt see Muppet Babies for the wonderful magical show it was. Sorry it didnt have '24' frames or whatever magic number ya keep talking about. Bottom line: Muppet Babies stands as one of the greatest children's cartoons ever...and I thank my lucky duckies I was raised on it!
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

...in your opinion. I never said you were wrong for appreciating it. Just didn't understand it. Honestly - get some Prozac. Must everything be an all-or-nothing melodrama with you?
    :rolleyes:

I know plenty of folks who don't like the Muppet Babies, but who does or doesn't like them doesn't have anything to do with the validation of my view on the project.:D
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wow, now youre questioning my mental stability because it doesnt fall into your rigid way of thinking or argument. As for people not liking MB, well as ya can see from all who posted in this thread..the majority has spoken. Thank goodness we have a different repoire off the forums...well I guess forums can be like a gladiator arena.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I was objecting to all of the current downer threads and topics coming from you as of late. Either you are happy and we all must be happy or you are depressed so everyone must feel the same way. It's the all-or-nothing high drama that is kind of disturbing to me. Has little to do with your opinion - just how you state it as an absolute. I didn't think Babies was an altogether terrible show, just that the animation was - especially for a Henson-level project. Geez...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh sweet Jamie...no no no, ya got me all wrong kid. In this pretext, if I respond to a thread with disapproval its a bad mood...if I agree Im in a good mood? That just doesnt make sense for anyone. I try to be a realist. I mean you are th eone bagging on a show everyone likes because it doesnt meet your strict '24' frame quota. I mean how lame is that?
    An all or nothing drama is black and white...I dont live in that...I live in shades of grey like most everyone else.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

No - it's just your whole schizophrenic tone in the last few days that I have found kind of disturbing.

The: "Life's like a struggle, plan your own ending...stop pretending, start destroying" and "Kid's Programming That Makes You Want To Question Life Itself" and "Ive come to realize life is a cruel joke." and " As I look at my shambles of my life..." statements have caught me as some sort of cry for help.

There's nothing wrong with sharing. Just seems like you either enthusiastically 100% love something or 100% hate it. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. And then one of the bizarre statements will come out. Just confusing. I enjoy supporting my fellow fans but things just seem like a support group lately. We aint discussing war, politics or a cure for cancer around here. I thought things were Centered around Muppets.;)

Doesn't mean I don't like you. Just a lot of extra drama.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

You seem to be the only one tripping off of what I say. I actually have a good laugh about stuff going on with my friends on AIM.

Here is a pattern I have noticed with you Jamie...if we are going to talk about me.

1. Jamie lays out his opinion in this kind of arrogant know it all from a technical standpoint to back it up, so it is a be all end all.

2. So in so will say something that Jamie doesnt agree with, and then Jamie will subsequently battle tooth and nail til the bitter end of the thread to prove your point.

3. Then Jamie will then back out of the thread saying 'Oh! I'm too mature for that!'

4. Then somehow if someone wanders into the thread, by posting...you'll say 'sheesh! c'mon! This is a dead subject folks!'

I call it the Jamie formula for winning arguments...you must have it down to a science.

Now then, I think you read too much into off colored remarks I make. "Lifes like a struggle". Why indeed. Life is what you make of it...sure...but how many people on here are really living it up?
    This aint no support group, and the only drama on here is what you fantasize to be. The mind is a very powerful thing when you filter in what you want to see.
  11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

missed those threads....*laughs* i am sorry if my insanity scares people.......

Sarah
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Naw, a little insanity is good! Heh, maybe we need Patty E and other rabble rousers to stir things up? j/k...I wouldnt want Jamie's job to be any tougher than it is. Don't get me wrong , I LOVE a good exhange of dialogue...but some subjects just will inevitably lead to disgust on all sides. Arguing about the merits of Muppet related films or Disney bashing I think is all in good fun.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Disney bashing is always fun! :)

Anyway - I totally object to just about everything you said. It seems that every opinion you have is an absolute. No room for any other area. Some of the statements you have made are so outlandish that there is no responding to them. That's why I have stopped. There is no logic in saying that you hate MCC when you won't even watch it. I thought your backtracking on KSY proved that, but I guess I was wrong. And about KSY - don't see how one minute you could totally 100% hate it than make an absolute 180. Its that melodramatic sort of response I just don't understand.:confused:
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Does anything make sense anymore? I just find i funny you have to make some sort of PHD doctorate reasoning behind every thing I dont agree on. To be 100% absolute in reasoning would be foolish. I think you are just taking it that way. We seem to agree on a lot, others not so. I think you just have a fetish of really smearing the egg of 'Im right! And heres Why!' into someone's face to prove your point. But thats ok...we all love ya for it, thats you.

As for KSY, I didnt backtrack one bit. You think I actually *watch* KSY the movie? My thing with that is the extras on the dvd more than make up for the movie itself.

Also, I notice you use the word melodramatic a lot. Hmmm...

This episode was brought to you by the letter M...for
    My opinion is absolute, My graphics are keeping this site afloat, and Melodramatic.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

And you always feel like attacking this site - out of the blue. That is really tacky. Yes, you are a drama queen. I can be quite stubborn, but I see you are projecting a lot of your thoughts on to me - and others.

I'm having a splendid new year, but it appears you have some sort of depression that is just making you just plain mean at times. I have no doubt that it will swing to the other extreme in a while. That's how it seems to go.

I like ya, but you can take everything to the extreme - and rather personally too. Like "if you don't like the Muppet Babies, you must not have much imagination" sort of insulting blanket statements. I mention the good and bad parts of the production as I see them. It really is all-or-nothing when discussing things with you. It's about perspectives, not being right or wrong. Those are seperate things that seem to be married in your mind. Sorry you take it that way. I guess I can see how one would.:confused:
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I forgot to add to the Jamie formula, Jamie likes to add winks, shrugs, and eyes rolling emoticons at the end of his posts...to seem less vindictive. But realy, it is called passive agressive. Like 'Man, you can be such a jerk, but you have a lot to offer' wink wink. Anyways, dont mean to sound annoyed Frogannoy4...but you really like to battle to the bitter end of miniscule things. And we all know it is style over content in these parts, that is not attacking. That is trying to ensure a bettermant in the future. You say I am projecting my thoughts...isnt that what a forum is? I know the $40 an article drack that counts as 'editorials' spun on the MC index page doesnt pass for real thoughts these days. When someone spouts what is really going on, or has a differing opinion...well then all the sudden 'it's personal'.

Now you seem to infer a bit of schizophrenia. Again, it is classic Jamie schizophrenia. Notice I agree with you on a lot of other threads, and have an overwhelming amount of good and positive things to say. But in typical Frogannoy4 fashion you only see what you want to see. The MB statement, I said you were missing the point...choosing to focus on the 'missing 24 frames' and missing the whole message and idea of it.
    So you have a whole slew of animation complaints about shows brought up here, then offer your own idea of what constitutes 'good' animation...most of which is basically sub par Ukrainian bootleg quality. You seem fit to shine that high powered mirror at me an dothers who don't agree with you...why dont you be brave and shine that mirror back at yourself?
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah, good one. Making a lot of sense there kiddo.
    Say, isnt there a menu you should be working on;)
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

...about 20 or so more menus, a few other MC projects, a web comic, some corporate sites, a Flash demo, some drawings for a proposal and I am job hunting. But I am on vacation right now - in between calling people and going out to meet them. I'll start again bright and early Monday morning with a bottle of Vitamin Water and a protein bar. :) Oh, were you being serious? :confused: ...Nevermind. (blushes)
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i'll just sit in the corner and watch like a ping pong match.....or maybe i'll make a huge colored tapestry from my belly button lint....can't decide!

Sarah