Did anyone else watch Muppet Babies?

Rachel

Reaction score
I love Muppet Babies!

I was about three when I saw it and it introduced me to the muppet world. If it weren't for Muppet Babies I would never be the muppet fan I am now.

Any show that encourages kids to use their imaginations in a non-violent way has to be good, right?

Animation wise, it could've been better, but I felt it had a warm, fluffy feel to it and I loved that as a kid.

The songs were cute and I just adored some of the stories. My favourite episode is when the MBs think that Nanny is going to get rid of one of them after they over hear a conversation. I have that on tape somewhere, and now I have a sudden urge to go and watch it. Lol.

Movies205

Reaction score
I like the episode...

My blockbuster had some of the Muppet Baby tapes, and you rent them for free since there kid videos but I'm going rent some it got be like 4-6 years since I've seen Muppet Babies. So I'm goign rent a tape and see if I still like it, hopefully I will. Some cartoons I use to like when I was kid I didn't like as much now as b4 but they were still good.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Muppet Babies was my first Muppet Show... when I got older I enjoyed watching reruns of the Muppet Show... and then I graduated to Muppet Movies later on. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Sorry to have to tell you Jamie, but it looks like you were the only one who didnt see Muppet Babies for the wonderful magical show it was. Sorry it didnt have '24' frames or whatever magic number ya keep talking about. Bottom line: Muppet Babies stands as one of the greatest children's cartoons ever...and I thank my lucky duckies I was raised on it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Bottom line: Muppet Babies stands as one of the greatest children's cartoons ever...
...in your opinion. I never said you were wrong for appreciating it. Just didn't understand it. Honestly - get some Prozac. Must everything be an all-or-nothing melodrama with you?
:rolleyes:

I know plenty of folks who don't like the Muppet Babies, but who does or doesn't like them doesn't have anything to do with the validation of my view on the project.:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
...in your opinion. I never said you were wrong for appreciating it. Just didn't understand it. Honestly - get some Prozac. Must everything be an all-or-nothing melodrama with you?
Wow, now youre questioning my mental stability because it doesnt fall into your rigid way of thinking or argument. As for people not liking MB, well as ya can see from all who posted in this thread..the majority has spoken. Thank goodness we have a different repoire off the forums...well I guess forums can be like a gladiator arena.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was objecting to all of the current downer threads and topics coming from you as of late. Either you are happy and we all must be happy or you are depressed so everyone must feel the same way. It's the all-or-nothing high drama that is kind of disturbing to me. Has little to do with your opinion - just how you state it as an absolute. I didn't think Babies was an altogether terrible show, just that the animation was - especially for a Henson-level project. Geez...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
I was objecting to all of the current downer threads and topics coming from you as of late. Either you are happy and we all must be happy or you are depressed so everyone must feel the same way. It's the all-or-nothing high drama that is kind of disturbing to me. Has little to do with your opinion - just how you state it as an absolute. I didn't think Babies was an altogether terrible show, just that the animation was - especially for a Henson-level project. Geez...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh sweet Jamie...no no no, ya got me all wrong kid. In this pretext, if I respond to a thread with disapproval its a bad mood...if I agree Im in a good mood? That just doesnt make sense for anyone. I try to be a realist. I mean you are th eone bagging on a show everyone likes because it doesnt meet your strict '24' frame quota. I mean how lame is that?
An all or nothing drama is black and white...I dont live in that...I live in shades of grey like most everyone else.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No - it's just your whole schizophrenic tone in the last few days that I have found kind of disturbing.

The: "Life's like a struggle, plan your own ending...stop pretending, start destroying" and "Kid's Programming That Makes You Want To Question Life Itself" and "Ive come to realize life is a cruel joke." and " As I look at my shambles of my life..." statements have caught me as some sort of cry for help.

There's nothing wrong with sharing. Just seems like you either enthusiastically 100% love something or 100% hate it. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. And then one of the bizarre statements will come out. Just confusing. I enjoy supporting my fellow fans but things just seem like a support group lately. We aint discussing war, politics or a cure for cancer around here. I thought things were Centered around Muppets.:wink:

Doesn't mean I don't like you. Just a lot of extra drama.

beaker

Reaction score

Doesn't mean I don't like you. Just a lot of extra drama.
You seem to be the only one tripping off of what I say. I actually have a good laugh about stuff going on with my friends on AIM.

Here is a pattern I have noticed with you Jamie...if we are going to talk about me.

1. Jamie lays out his opinion in this kind of arrogant know it all from a technical standpoint to back it up, so it is a be all end all.

2. So in so will say something that Jamie doesnt agree with, and then Jamie will subsequently battle tooth and nail til the bitter end of the thread to prove your point.

3. Then Jamie will then back out of the thread saying 'Oh! I'm too mature for that!'

4. Then somehow if someone wanders into the thread, by posting...you'll say 'sheesh! c'mon! This is a dead subject folks!'

I call it the Jamie formula for winning arguments...you must have it down to a science.

Now then, I think you read too much into off colored remarks I make. "Lifes like a struggle". Why indeed. Life is what you make of it...sure...but how many people on here are really living it up?
This aint no support group, and the only drama on here is what you fantasize to be. The mind is a very powerful thing when you filter in what you want to see.