Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's about time you guys starting seeing the light and realizing that the Disney Blame Game needs to end now...

Yeah... it's not their fault they decided to take advantage of Henson's kids, purchased up something that they didn't create and then leave us fans in the lurch, save for a few DVd's and a couple T-shirts.

It's definately not their fault they don't want to do anything with the license. So we should stop blaming them. Let's blame some other outside source. like the sun god or something. it's his fault.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Drtooth,
no offense but the negativity is not helping.
You're right Phillip. :smile: Blame game goes off!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Exactly. Disney certainly IS better off without Eisner and has been doing better without him.
Yeah I've gott to agree and dissagree.
Disney may be doing better without him but the Muppets sure arent at all.
He's the one who wanted the Muppets not Disney if he was still around waaaaaaaayy more would be done with them by this point I can tell you that much.
Drtooth,
no offense but the negativity is not helping.
You're right Phillip. :smile: Blame game goes off!
You know it's one thing to be possitive and theres another being blind to straight up facts.:big_grin:
The good old dr.'s being a realist and you know what I apricate that a heck of allot more than fans that think nothing is going on nothing has ever happend by anyone sitting on their duff.
And it's not very nice to insult other members because you believe they are being negative you know not everyone is the same and looks at things differntly.
People whined about Disney not having the first season box set complete and what happend they listend so do not keep your mouths shut voice your opinions let them know what YOU want because these things are for YOU more than anyone else WE are the MUPPET fans few and far between these days but with my muppet brainwashing plan it wont be to long before the world love the muppets muwhahahah!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Well, it's just that. There are many wonderful things! Not EVERYTHING Disney has done with the muppets was TERRIBLE! If so we would not have such a growing site!

:smile: There certainly IS such thing as being positive or just blind!

But there is also such a thing as observing what makes something more of a success and enforce that action!

:smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Well, it's just that. There are many wonderful things! Not EVERYTHING Disney has done with the muppets was TERRIBLE! If so we would not have such a growing site!

:smile: There certainly IS such thing as being positive or just blind!

But there is also such a thing as observing what makes something more of a success and enforce that action!

:smile:
The thing is they haven't done that much at all in the what 5 or so years they've owned them now.
It's really not that hard to figure out what to do with the muppets.:flirt:

P

Philip Kippel

..true...XD LOL!
It's not totally true.

For one thing, Disney has owned the Muppets for only 3 and a half years now, not 5...and even that has not been too long a time.

And technically, it IS hard to figure out what to do with them these days. After all, they're not as popular with the majority of today's masses as they were back in the 60s, 70s and 80s, so a slow progressing comeback and resurgence IS in order here.

Give them time. Things WILL get better and the Muppets WILL rule the world again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't blame Disney for the problems, they existed before Disney came into the picture.

However, I think Disney could be doing a lot more. And it's not just a matter of wait and be patient. The Muppets just don't seem to be up there on priorities. They could have released so much of the original material and they just haven't. And the idea that they wouldn't be accepted by the modern public is a myth.

It has only been 3 years and I've not given up. But I'm not going to just assume it will be OK either. :smile:

But I don't think it's just the Muppets, the company has seen better days all around.

Plus, we are all allowed to voice our opinions, whether others like them or not. As long as we are polite and respectful. :smile:

P

Philip Kippel

I don't blame Disney for the problems, they existed before Disney came into the picture.
Exactly!

The Muppets just don't seem to be up there on priorities.
That's because the Disney company has lots of other priorities right now. Giving them time and being patient, IMO, is the best medicine...and thanking them for any of the Muppet-related that they already came out with would be the smart thing to do as well, if we're going to successfully encourage Disney to continue churning out new Muppet projects.

And the idea that they wouldn't be accepted by the modern public is a myth.
That's not what I said.

What I meant is that the general modern public WOULD accept the Muppets, but they just don't right now, which is sad, but true.

And Disney DOES have their hearts in the right place and are working really hard to slowly rebuild interest in them so they can become popular with general audiences again without forcing them down everyone's throats.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying. But from what I've seen, a lot of people, old and young, enjoy the Muppets now. They're just not given much to work with.