Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
It's not totally true.

For one thing, Disney has owned the Muppets for only 3 and a half years now, not 5...and even that has not been too long a time.

And technically, it IS hard to figure out what to do with them these days. After all, they're not as popular with the majority of today's masses as they were back in the 60s, 70s and 80s, so a slow progressing comeback and resurgence IS in order here.

Give them time. Things WILL get better and the Muppets WILL rule the world again.
I'm giving them untill the next 3 years if they don't do anything by them I'll of given up all hope on disney doing anything good with the muppets.
Oh btw I was kidding about how long they've had them it's just a matter of they where all gungho about them at first and it just seems like their a red headed step child they don't care about as much.
I understand what you're saying. But from what I've seen, a lot of people, old and young, enjoy the Muppets now. They're just not given much to work with.
The reason people forget about how awsome the muppets are is because theres not any of the old stuff beijng played on tv anymore period.
My friend Coley came over this weekend I showed her 3 episodes from season 2 she is now hooked onto the muppets again after years of not seeing them.
Disney should be releasing things like the frog prince etc. if they aren't going to be doing anything new for the moment it would really shut allot of people up.
Also would it kill them to play the muppet show or anything muppet related on the Disney chanel or toon disney I really don't think it would do harm at all in fact I think it would only help matters.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
We as fans have to introduce the muppets by showing our friends episodes off our dvds. Now that I think about it...that is a great idea. It is like advertisment! Promoting them to your pals no matter how red you get! No one knows much about my muppet obsession because I hide it so well...heh I'll swallow that hideous ego I have and toss that pride of being "Mature"...feh! I am as crazy as a madhatter :big_grin:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The reason people forget about how awsome the muppets are is because theres not any of the old stuff beijng played on tv anymore period.
I agree, it's too simple to say no one is enjoying the Muppets. In real life, you can always find groups of people who enjoy something. But they are not a presence on TV or in the video stores (new or old projects). That's what needs to be improved with Disney in my opinion. It's still possible that they might catch up. We'll wait and see.

We as fans have to introduce the muppets by showing our friends episodes off our dvds.
Exactly! It will have to be an underground movement. Word of the mouth is an excellent way to get the word out. :smile:

P

Philip Kippel

(sigh) I wonder whatever happened to such common sense individuals/those who DO support the Disney/Muppets merge, such as Mustang Rocker and That Announcer? :cry:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
(sigh) I wonder whatever happened to such common sense individuals/those who DO support the Disney/Muppets merge, such as Mustang Rocker and That Announcer? :cry:
Dude it's not cool to insult fans who don't see them as doing a good job at the moment.
We're talking about things they could be doing and giving them ideas that would help things move along better. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Also you talk about common sense yet you say it's not so easy to do things with the muppets sounds to me like you're just happy with whatever they churn out quilty controll is a nice thing and Jim would never allow some of the things to happen that do with the way the puppets are built.
I mean I'm just honestly wondering myself why Disney haven't even played a single Muppet show episode or Movie on their chanels it's not like they don't have a spot for it in their repeated shows. Don't you at least wonder why?
People are allowed to worry where would kermit be without his crazy panicing...oh wait he doesn't do that anymore...Shesh!
And where would we be without those who question things and wonder and ponder I don't think we'd have any Muppets thats for sure. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude it's not cool to insult fans who don't see them as doing a good job at the moment.
We're talking about things they could be doing and giving them ideas that would help things move along better. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Also you talk about common sense yet you say it's not so easy to do things with the muppets sounds to me like you're just happy with whatever they churn out quilty controll is a nice thing and Jim would never allow some of the things to happen that do with the way the puppets are built.
I mean I'm just honestly wondering myself why Disney haven't even played a single Muppet show episode or Movie on their chanels it's not like they don't have a spot for it in their repeated shows. Don't you at least wonder why?
People are allowed to worry where would kermit be without his crazy panicing...oh wait he doesn't do that anymore...Shesh!
And where would we be without those who question things and wonder and ponder I don't think we'd have any Muppets thats for sure. :wink:
I will agree 100 percent plus 2! Yeah, things have been crappy since Jim died... but hey, in those 10 years we got 3 theatrically released movies, an action figure line, several DVD's (unfortunately just best ofs), 2 made for tv /DVD films and various other products and projects. The only thing that had not happened was a TV show, and that was the fault of Fox.

But since they bought them, we just had 2 Season sets (it took over 2 years to release the second 1), movie reissues, and .... a couple sporadic merchandise pieces which don't get us too excited (except for the replicas... those things are amazing, but I can't afford them or put them anywhere). They had one movie that was made before the merger (but rushed out to be finished once it happened) and since it didn't do well, they've just "announced" projects.

What do we get? no new movies, no new TV show, a couple comics they may/maynot print, and some ads for their lousy shows and movies they call "minimovies."

How come us angry fans have no common sense, as you put it, for the sad realization that they DON'T care. Eisner did. it was his idea to buy them. he may have ransacked Disney, but he was the idiot that bought them and he had ideas for them. This new guy may be doing a better job with Disney (though so far having John Lassiter have imput on animated features is the only good thing that's happened, especially since he's canning DTV sequals), but as was forwarned he doesn't care.

Sighhhh.... this is so aggri9vating. I would have loved to see the Classic Media/ Sesame Workshop co-ownership pull through. We'd at least get some Bobbleheads from Funko out of it.

The Whatevers

Reaction score
What are these mini movies? They aren't those crappy "Muppet Time!" things that are on between shows sometimes are they? Because they really suck

wiley207

Reaction score
I think they're going to be maybe half-hour or hour long TV specials starring the Muppets. If that's the case, I'd like to see them do one where they search for Scooter's long-lost twin sister Skeeter!

Drtooth

Reaction score
What are these mini movies? They aren't those crappy "Muppet Time!" things that are on between shows sometimes are they? Because they really suck
told yah.

Are they engaged in forced banter between their "Stars"?

twasbrillig12

Reaction score
Wasn't Muppet Time! on Nickelodeon in the 90's? I think they had Robin in them. Are they re-airing those?