Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
That's a brilliant idea! And slowly, oh so very slowly, THE MUPPETS WILL DOMINATE TV!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just hope that they don't end up being marketed to just 8-12 year old kids. They they might not end up being themselves.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It really all depends on each person's opinion. Some people would argue the Muppets haven't been themselves for awhile. A lot of it is point of view.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, maybe I should have said more of not themselves if that makes any sense.

P

Philip Kippel

yeah he STILL has lots of fans played by steve or jim! I taped that ep of HomeMake Over! I JUST wish people (and fans) would just stop already with the "back in the old days" stuff! yes! we ALL (including me) WISH the Muppets were back to the old days again! but come on now... we all go thought this EVERY time Disney gets somthin new out for us. and the "Disney blame game" yes i know most arnt disney fans here thats why MOST of you do the "disney blame game" couse maybe thats all you know maybe, maybe not i dont know! I did Kermit here in my town for a few parades and you wounldnt belive HOW many people and kids yelled out to kermit "Hi kermit" "I love u" etc etc... and my Kermit voice doesnt even soud like jims a little like Steves but i think mine sounds a lil "younger"
I totally agree. The "Disney Blame Game" has gone on for too long and needs to end starting right now.

I wish that other Disney-supportive insiders like Mustang Rockstar would come and post something like that again...

P

Philip Kippel

So who do you think they should work with that would be a possibility? During the Muppet Show's heyday it was cool to be a guest on the Muppet Show. Sadly, the Muppets no longer carry that same clout. They have to start somewhere and with Disney's current stars is as good a place to start as any. They may be talentless children but they are popular and carry Disney's marketing ability with them. Let's start there and work our way up. It's better than no start at all.
I don't think anyone of them is talentless. It's all a matter of personal perception...

P

Philip Kippel

well if you watch Kermit on Extrem makeover he really seemd to be the ol' kermit we all knew and loved.
Yep. I agree. The Muppets are still the same ol' humble band of creatures and things that they've always been.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I totally agree. The "Disney Blame Game" has gone on for too long and needs to end starting right now.

Yeah... it isn't their fault they can't find a good way to used them aside of putting them on a couple t-shirts, contracting a bunch of comics we'll never see, and pull down Muppet music fan sites, while no intention of selling a good sound track, or a reissue of the original Muppet albums. And to think, they're tearing down the Muppetvision 3D attraction for the benefit of the fans who don't want to see it.

So yeah. Disney isn't a soulless company that's shockingly worse without Eisner.

P

Philip Kippel

Exactly. Disney certainly IS better off without Eisner and has been doing better without him.

It's about time you guys starting seeing the light and realizing that the Disney Blame Game needs to end now...

The comics WILL see the light of day, Muppet-Vision is not going anywhere, etc.