Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Rickey Boyd! That's right. Disney should learn and listen: HIRE RICKEY! HIRE RICKEY! That dude is awesome!

muppetperson

Reaction score
No Fraggles

Well, Disney Channel used to air Fraggle rock.
"used to" being the key word.I would think there would be very little chance of the Fraggles teaming up with the Muppets, especially after the Jim Henson Company edited out the Muppet reference in the titles of Fraggle Rock DVD.Maybe in the future, they could do guest spots, but for now, I think they want to make it clear that the Fraggles and Muppets are different families.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Rickey Boyd! That's right. Disney should learn and listen: HIRE RICKEY! HIRE RICKEY! That dude is awesome!
Isn't he already hired? After all, MWoO was under the ears of the Mouse... so, is Rickey under a Disney contract?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm excited about this idea, and truth be told I'll probably end up liking it no matter what, but I'm just a bit concerned about the part about the muppets interacting with Disney Channel stars. I just don't think these "too hip for the room" teens are very conducive to the muppets. Oppinions?
I do think it's cool though how they aare making the effort to reach the next generation, not to mention actually giving those muppets and muppet people some new work!
:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can see them interacting with Cody and Zach. Those two already admit that their show is a show not real life (you know what I mean...) in a similar way to The Muppets, breaking forth walls and such.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Wonderful! I think that it is fantastic that they are reaching to a more younger audience, because it will bring even more of a broadening desire to have a muppet show or a muppet movie. HOPEFULLY these turn out great, and I am really really excited that we finally have something, this is awesome.

[crosses fingers this doesnt end up like MWoO] :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Isn't he already hired? After all, MWoO was under the ears of the Mouse... so, is Rickey under a Disney contract?
I don't know; but either way I fully support him as a Muppeteer! He brought Scooter back to life after all those years PERFECTLY! I'd love to see what he could do with Janice and Sweetums and a few others that have been gone since Richard Hunt has been gone.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Yes, Scooter's voice was utterly charming. :big_grin: I was all "CUTE!"
Piggy sounded too masculine but it could have been worse--iy was not so bad. xD

Muppets will pull through somehow even though the modern humor in Disney Channel is actually cornier than any other type of humor in the history of comedy. : D The muppets are less corny in humor so they will pull through.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I don't know; but either way I fully support him as a Muppeteer! He brought Scooter back to life after all those years PERFECTLY! I'd love to see what he could do with Janice and Sweetums and a few others that have been gone since Richard Hunt has been gone.
I think he did Janice in MWoO too, didn't he? Hm, not sure, I'll have to look into that. But yes, I fully agree. (Although, I think John Henson does a near-perfect Sweetums.)

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well I'll take your word for it, because to be honest, I don't pay much attention to the Disney channel these days. I was just basing my oppinion on the way it was about 5 to 10 years ago.