Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I agree. It was my intention to get it back on track. Does Jason Segel have some sort of blog like Fraggle film director Corey Edwards does? Man, that guy is so "Ken-ning" it with the fans. It's pretty cool. Segel does make a lot of press statments. It's nice that we aren't kept so much in the dark these days. There was a time when we'd here some vague reference to a project, something about the frog-pig relationship and then nothing until the promos. :sympathy:
"Ken-ning"? What's that? Do you mean actually talking to us and things?:flirt:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I agree. It was my intention to get it back on track. Does Jason Segel have some sort of blog like Fraggle film director Corey Edwards does? Man, that guy is so "Ken-ning" it with the fans. It's pretty cool. Segel does make a lot of press statments. It's nice that we aren't kept so much in the dark these days. There was a time when we'd here some vague reference to a project, something about the frog-pig relationship and then nothing until the promos. :sympathy:
Hmm... While I do like knowing that it's happening and in the works, I don't like hearing too much about the plot before seeing it. I always like to watch movies with new eyes. If I read constantly about this for months/years it will lessen the impact when I actually see it. Such a catch 22 being a huge muppet fan - you know my eyes and ears are glued haha...!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"Ken-ning"? What's that? Do you mean actually talking to us and things?:flirt:
Yup. That's a nod to Ken Lilly of Palisades Toys and Creatus Maximus. Connecting with fans can be tricky and some fans will never be satisfied, but it takes guts to put a little of yourself out there and see how fans react. I don't see it as focus-group testing. On the contrary, I see it as checking in, keeping momentum and making sure there hasn't been a deviation from the path. I just love how stoked both of these writer/directors are! :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I just love how stoked both of these writer/directors are!
About as "stoked" as us fans are!

:excited: :big_grin: :zany: <--- Huzzah smilies!

I like knowing a bit about the process before the movie actually comes out. I don't like having the story, or any major surprises spoiled beforehand, but otherwise, I love hearing about movies months in advance. Cory Edwards is doing good with that. He's not giving away too much. Also, when the Star Wars prequels were being made, there were constant movie updates and behind the scenes stuff to look at, but nothing from the story was ever revealed. I like that, and always look forward to seeing new stuff online about the new Muppet projects.

ploobis

Reaction score
I know Segel wants to have all of the classic Muppet Show characters in the movie, But I hope he'll still let Bill Barretta's and Brian Henson's characters in the movie too.

No reason why we can't have Pepe, Johnny Fiama, Sal, Bobo and Dr. Phil van Neuter in the movie too. Just my opinion.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe i'm weird? I was hanging out with Allison Hannigan (sp?) just a couple of nights ago and I knew she was in How I met your Mother - but, I avoided asking her anything about Segel. Something inside of me wants to be surprised! Hopefully pleasantly...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe i'm weird? I was hanging out with Allison Hannigan (sp?) just a couple of nights ago and I knew she was in How I met your Mother - but, I avoided asking her anything about Segel. Something inside of me wants to be surprised! Hopefully pleasantly...
I don't think anyone has said that they don't want to be surprised. I'm just saying there's a certain amount of information that can be revealed, and still keep the film itself a surprise. Neither Cory Edwards or Jason Segel have revealed anything major about their scripts, but they're still keeping everyone updated to a certain degree, that way we know this thing is still happening. Look at Power of the Dark Crystal. There hasn't been much of anything said about that in a long, long time, and people are starting to think it'll never happen. Maybe it's just being kept under wraps really well, but, personally, I'd rather know what part of the process they're at.

Just little things are all I need. "What draft are you on? Are you filming yet? How's post production going?" Stuff like that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh, I like Willow. :flirt: There's much I would have asked her. Like if she wanted to be in the new Muppet movie. :confused:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
On the contrary, I see it as checking in, keeping momentum and making sure there hasn't been a deviation from the path.
Pops: Hey, somebody's checkin' in!

All: Somebody's checkin' in?

Sorry, I was subjected to an impulse to say that.... :big_grin:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Oooh, I like Willow. :flirt: There's much I would have asked her. Like if she wanted to be in the new Muppet movie. :confused:
Yes, Willow... She was busy talking about some new movie and I was enjoying Jennifer Tilly so much more. She is a riot and loves champagne!

This is off subject but Wall:E is totally sold out in LA and playing a limited release? Why? It's such a big film. My guess is that El Capitain owned by Disney wanted to have first run. I'm so excited to see it - it's right up my alley!

Ah yes, Muppets: from what i'm seeing the reaction has been overly positive for the new film. Isn't it amazing that they remain to be timeless even after some dud films and little exposure? I hope Segel can further the timeless aspect!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.