Disney Show (I can't remember)

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Don't forget Kids Incorporated! I loved that show. And, then they had a really wonderful series called Ocean Girl about a girl named Neri who could speak to humpback whales... Then, of course, there was the series I used to always watch in the morning before school called Alice's Adventures In Wonderland. They'd show a faerytale series called Cannon Movie Tales nearly every weekend. And, just so many high-quality shows that I loved. It felt like that with Disney Channel becoming available to just anyone, it began to go downhill at exactly the same time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I loved Kids Incorporated, though for some reason I always lost interest during the music parts!? And Adventures in Wonderland, that was really funny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, lemme add to this...

1 Bryan, House of Mouse still airs on Toon Disney, they have it in their Play It Again Jam weekday morning lineups.
No new shows though.
2 Since when do Tale Spin or Rescue Rangers or any of the other Disney Afternoon shows air on Toon Disney any more? They removed all of that stuff when they shifted to the newer format. All that's left from that is the Aladdin series, Little Mermaid series, and Gargoyles extremely late on either weekday or weekend Jettix airings.
3 Watched the Club in the early 90's, that's when I was still in high school. Fave character? Lobster Girl, guess you could call it another cartoon/cutie crush.
4 Kids Incorporated!, yeah, watched that too.
Trivia: Did you know that Mario Lopez (A.C. Slater from Saved By The Bell) was the drummer in the first/original run of that show?
5 There was a show they'd air early mornings called Mousterpiece Theater hosted by George Plimpton. That's where all the classic Disney cartoons would air.

And now to show my age, and how much classic Disney Channel was one of my basic viewing channels...
6 DTV, the MTV parody. Still remember some of the toons used for some of the songs.
7 Mousercise, which aired at 6:00 AM EST.
8 You and Me, Kid. The show with all the pantomime characters. Still remember the few sketches about the alphabet/number detectives.
9 Don't remember the name of the show... But it was this sort of game show with four different genre book-styled stations. The stations aired clips from Disney movies and then the kids were quizzed on the trivia. There were probably some stunt-based competitions as well, and for each successful subvictory, the winning team got these golden shining square-disc thingys they'd pop down into a canister.
10 Teen Angel, mini-series movie from MMC, kind of a bargain basement version of The Heavenly Kid.
11 Match Point, the other miniseries movie from MMC.
That's all I got for now, unless someone comes up with other memories.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Ed you are one of the coolest guys every. I watched DTV. That was one of my favoirtes there. There was several videos that came out too. I would love to see these come to DVD. I have the opening theme to DTV on my space. Here I found lots on youtube. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eEvAiCN0YQ

(P.S. I watched Alice in Wonderland. As well as Kids Incorporated too. In I even have a video tape that was I guessed used for video stores that played them on the TV because it says so on the tape itself.)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Count said:
You and Me, Kid. The show with all the pantomime characters. Still remember the few sketches about the alphabet/number detectives.
Teen Angel, mini-series movie from MMC, kind of a bargain basement version of The Heavenly Kid.
You and Me, Kid! I loved that show, I used to try and get my parents to do the exercises with me. There was also a segment where a celebrity would come on with his/her kid.

I liked Teen Angel too, I had such a crush on him, at the time I didn't even realize he was the guy from 90210 (a show I did not watch)!

Katzi428

Reaction score
heralde said:
You and Me, Kid! I loved that show, I used to try and get my parents to do the exercises with me. There was also a segment where a celebrity would come on with his/her kid.
There was also an exercise show on The Disney Channel (maybe it was like "You & Me Kid" ) called "Mousercise" .It was on really early in the morning (6 AM) & had a woman named Kellyn a bunch of kids & some Disney characters exercising together.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Lemme clear up...

Mousercise was on at 6:00 AM... Was mostly aerobics with the blonde woman and all the other kids.
You and Me, Kid aired either at 6:30 or 7:00 AM. There were exercise segments, but there were also the pantomime segments interspersed throughout the show. It was kind of more of getting kids to exercise through the use of their own imaginations.

And there've been a few movies I've enjoyed from the late 90's/early 2000's... But it's mostly fluff now, created almost exclusively for their own teenage stars, much like the live shows they have on.

Oh yeah... Just remembered another couple of shows!
Saturday afternoons, when there were no more cartoons, back in the late 80's... Used to watch The Edison Twins mystery solving trio (two teenage fraternal twins, and their kid brother) and Danger Bay.
Those were some cool shows.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The Count said:
Lemme clear up...

Mousercise was on at 6:00 AM... Was mostly aerobics with the blonde woman and all the other kids.
You and Me, Kid aired either at 6:30 or 7:00 AM. There were exercise segments, but there were also the pantomime segments interspersed throughout the show. It was kind of more of getting kids to exercise through the use of their own imaginations.
Ah ha...OK,thanks Ed. One thing I remember was my younger sister was around 4 at the time. She'd wake up my mom (who worked til 1 AM & got to bed @ 2 ) and said :excited: "C'mon Mommy!It's time for Mousercise!" Needless to say my sister didn't really have too much concept of time then.My poor mother! She didn't have the heart to tell my sister that she was reallytired.:sympathy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a funny/sweet little anecdote... And thanks for the E-mail, rully nice of you Kathy-kat.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, Ed, I had almost forgotten some of those shows! I used to watch Mousercize! I think I watched You and Me Kid a little bit, but not too much. I also enjoyed Mouserpiece Theater. Many good classic Disney cartoons there.

Has anyone mentioned Under the Umbrella tree yet? There's been a thread here for it recently, but thought it was worth mentioning that it also was a show that ran on Disney for awhile.

Also remember DTV! I loved it when it would come on! Man, such good memories in this thread!

What's become of the Disney Channel we all knew and loved? Oh well.