Do you ever feel ashamed for liking Sesame Street?

F

furryredmonster

Were just speacial :big_grin:

Ps: Can't wait for Sesame Station Bear :wink:

Edit: 400 posts!!!!

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Labyrinth Fairy said:
lol and yeah, comeon, why be ashamed of watching ss? I bet those kids in 2nd grade still watched barney and didn't tell you or anyone else.......
Actually when I was in second grade, Barney wasn't even thought of yet. That was back in the good ol' days of PBS. :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
It's a well known fact - when kids are young, they want nothing as bad as to be able to be a "grown-up". And they will do anything to make themselves appear to be as such, including being cruel to other kids who simply wish to enjoy their short time of innocence. If these "eager to grow up" kids only knew how fast it was really comming at them, I think they might change their tune, quick! The true fact is that, in their hearts, these bullies probably love SS as much as the kids they make fun of. And once you have built yourself a reputation it's always going to be there to uphold. It's sad to think that these kids are forcing themselves into such a situation, just for the measley reward of popularity. I remember when I graduated from highschool: all the kids who had been super popular durring those years were suddenly no more important than anyone else around them. And it turned out that the ones who walked away with the scholarships were none other than the kids the popular ones had labeled as "nerds" and "bookworms" and dumped head-first in the trash cans all the time. (Guess who got the last laugh there?) If your grown up and you like something like SS there is nothing to feel ashamed about. I am nearly 40, but I have always concidered myself a kid at heart. It's something I have never been ashamed of. In fact, when I was dating, I used it as a way to get a picture of exactly what kind of person I was dealing with. (If the guy asked me to choose a movie to go to, I'd pick the first Disney movie I could find, and then see what kind of reaction I got. Talk about a true blue color revealer!) Besides, if being "grown up" and still enjoying SS is "abnormal" than I guess everyone here on this forum better start watching their backs for the funny farm wagon!:wink:
LOL.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I was wondering if anyone else felt this way. I love Sesame Street, in fact I'm IN love with Sesame Street, and will always feel that way. But over the years some people have said some very mean things. I remember around second or third grade when it started becoming not so age appropriate anymore. The kids would laugh at me when I told them about something I saw on the show. And would say things like "you STILL watch that????" Eventually I had to pretend that I didn't like the show anymore, just to appease everybody. It was embarassing for me if a family member caught me watching it (which did happen sometimes) It's funny how most kids get to be 7 years old, and want nothing to do with the show anymore. Yet people like us, still love the show very much, and keep up with all the facts wev'e accumulated over the years. I'll admit the show isn't as much fun as it once was. But it's still nice to watch because it has all our old favorite friends on there. Well some anyways. But sometimes I feel ashamed for loving this show so much. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Stay Tuned.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I mustn't be too ashamed. I've got Sesame Street puppets hanging on the walls of my home for all the guests to see. LOL
Thats cool. Keep up the good work.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
it would be foolish on my part to say it's strange to watch a kids show. while there have been times that I didn't watch it as an older kids there were many times where I did. Unfortunatly I've always had trouble mentioning me waching SS being older and it's not just what others think there probably something inside of me that says this is odd but fortunatly it's never really stopped me from waching it whenever i felt like it. if 1 were to ask why and mentioned how strange they thought it was I would say yeah I hear what you're saying I naturally have something inside that says the same thing. I SS has something in the show witch can entertain anyone of any age. There are parts of it witch aren't as easy to watch and it has changed where it isn't as interesting for me to watch but sometimes there are some parts of it that are interesting and i's nice to see the regualers, many of them who have been on for so many years and obviously still enjoy doing it.
Do you suppose the reason it isn't as fun as it used to be is because were not therr years old anymore, because sometimes when your younger, you view things differently, and while Sesame Street is a good show on any level of live, sometimes we grow up and go, I cna't beleve I liked that when I was younger. I'm not saying this is defenantly the case or anything like that, but it could very well be a reason why some things just arn't as entertaining as they used to be. What do you think.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
It's a well known fact - when kids are young, they want nothing as bad as to be able to be a "grown-up". And they will do anything to make themselves appear to be as such, including being cruel to other kids who simply wish to enjoy their short time of innocence. If these "eager to grow up" kids only knew how fast it was really comming at them, I think they might change their tune, quick! The true fact is that, in their hearts, these bullies probably love SS as much as the kids they make fun of. And once you have built yourself a reputation it's always going to be there to uphold. It's sad to think that these kids are forcing themselves into such a situation, just for the measley reward of popularity. I remember when I graduated from highschool: all the kids who had been super popular durring those years were suddenly no more important than anyone else around them. And it turned out that the ones who walked away with the scholarships were none other than the kids the popular ones had labeled as "nerds" and "bookworms" and dumped head-first in the trash cans all the time. (Guess who got the last laugh there?) If your grown up and you like something like SS there is nothing to feel ashamed about. I am nearly 40, but I have always concidered myself a kid at heart. It's something I have never been ashamed of. In fact, when I was dating, I used it as a way to get a picture of exactly what kind of person I was dealing with. (If the guy asked me to choose a movie to go to, I'd pick the first Disney movie I could find, and then see what kind of reaction I got. Talk about a true blue color revealer!) Besides, if being "grown up" and still enjoying SS is "abnormal" than I guess everyone here on this forum better start watching their backs for the funny farm wagon!:wink:
Hey Rose, did you implant a secret camera-fly in my house? Because that one part is exactly how my siblings treat me. They enjoy annoying me just because I love SS. I ignore them for the most part though because my mom likes SS too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Well, it's not as if you don't watch other shows as well. So no need to worry. :wink:

I don't like telling people I'm a muppet/sesame fan when it comes up in conversation, because I get weird looks. Sesame is cute and I always watch it when I'm home sick, as a childhood flashback, so I have a very good reason for that. ^_~
But with the muppets, noone seems to remember/think that they were an adult entertainment vessel, primarily. And when I insist that it's (although not really mature :wink: ) rather adult, noone listens. So yeah it bothers me. But hey, they're fun, and I like them, so I don't put too much worry into it. I love the music primarily, and the characters and comedy make me go like this --> :big_grin:
Yeah, the Muppets were once known as family entertainment. But I guess sense they have been out of the public concinousness for so long and S.S. hasn't, and toward the end of his time on this planet, Jim henson's main focous was on a lack of quatily childrens programming, pepole have forgotten this. That kind of upsets me.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, personally, I don't have a problem with admitting to people that I like S.S., and I'f there reaction is opposing, then that doesn't really bother me, because they are not biting my head off. what I have discovered by doing so is that is that most people either won't talk because thay do something similer (which I don't comdem then with, they just openly admit it), or they actually like the show (which is a big suprize to me, and now we have something in common), or it is just not there cup of tea. But to answer the question, not in the least bit. I am a beliver in the Miss Frissel phlossophy because how will you, If you don't try.

I almost frogot, Bear, I can't wait to read that thread of yours.

Later.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Do you suppose the reason it isn't as fun as it used to be is because were not therr years old anymore, because sometimes when your younger, you view things differently, and while Sesame Street is a good show on any level of live, sometimes we grow up and go, I cna't beleve I liked that when I was younger. I'm not saying this is defenantly the case or anything like that, but it could very well be a reason why some things just arn't as entertaining as they used to be. What do you think.
Why do you ask?