DOES Kermit Love Piggy? A Challenge to prove..

BornBlue

Reaction score
Darned Muppet Babies Ruin Everything!

Which leads me to the question... should "The Muppet Family Christmas" (the one where the gang spends Christmas at Emily Bear's house) be considered canon? And, if so, what was up with the Muppet Baby film ("the Muppets first Christmas together")? It totally contradicts TMM.

Beth C

Reaction score
BornBlue said:
Which leads me to the question... should "The Muppet Family Christmas" (the one where the gang spends Christmas at Emily Bear's house) be considered canon? And, if so, what was up with the Muppet Baby film ("the Muppets first Christmas together")? It totally contradicts TMM.

I've been wondering about this same thing and the only thing I can come up with is that they DID know each other as babies, very briefly, before their families broke them up and they moved away.

Being as young as they were, they might not have rememered much about that time. I myself was born in Mass but I have grown up in Florida and I don't recall any of my life before age about 3.

It could explain why Piggy has such a fascination for Kermit, if she did remember something unconsciously from that time, it might be the reason she's stuck on him now. (Just a guess.. who knows)

This explanation only works if you discount the MB cartoon, for in that they would remember being friends and all.

BTW are the MUPPET BOOKS considered cannon in any way? I don't think so for in them we have the MUPPETS as pre-teens (see the Values to grow on books, they are good, but totally contradictory - in those it seems that Gonzo has a mother, father, etc and really messes with cannon)

These are just my explanations. I guess they should have planned this better.

P.S. I still think Kermit loves Piggy but it looks like I'm going to be buying that steak dinner after all. :frown:

~Beth C

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beth C said:
P.S. I still think Kermit loves Piggy but it looks like I'm going to be buying that steak dinner after all.
Well, I think that Kermit loves everybody , so that would definitely include Miss Piggy!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BornBlue said:
It totally contradicts TMM.
And TMM is "sort of approximately how it happened."

The only explanation I could come up with on Muppet Babies to compromise with the MB fans was that the Muppets did get put into a nursery together as babies, got older, went to different schools after elementary school (there is a line called Muppets Kids), maybe forgot about each other, then met up on Kermit's way to Hollywood and thus we get TMM; Miss Piggy's Fantasy about them all as MBs was based on a forgotten memory of them all as babies in the nursery. TMTM College thing was written like it was as a "what if" kind of thing.

I dunno. The MBs just throw everything helter-skelter.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, Kermit most deffenitely does not DESPISE Miss Piggy. He loves her, though, maybe not in the way some would think.

In the episode of The Muppet Show guest-starring Juliet Prowse, Kermit refers to Miss Piggy as "hunny".

Muppet Christmas Carol they play a married couple.

In Muppet Treasure Island they play lovers.

In The Great Muppet Caper, Kermit falls in love with Piggy.

But, I suppose it all depends on what you consider cannon.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, I think that Kermit loves everybody , so that would definitely include Miss Piggy!
I agree. I think you should buy each other steaks!
:smile: + :mad: =Love (in some form or fashion)

BornBlue

Reaction score
Well there is absolutely no way I consider "Muppet Babies" to be canon. The easiest way to dismiss them is to just say that it was a cartoon and it was simply an extension of Piggy's fantasy in TMTM.

The only thing that throws me is the Muppet Baby film in MFC. I've thought about Beth C's description that they knew eachother as babies and then met again, but that is far too coincidental.

And I am taking this WAY too seriously.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Somewhere there's a whole thread about MB pro's and Con's. I'm Con-MB! LOL!

BornBlue

Reaction score
YEAH!!

STEAKS FOR EVERYBODY! It's one big love-fest!

Well, if you don't get into an arguement over what is cannon, there are easily 10 instances of Kermit loving Piggy. Even if you were to name each Muppet movie as one instance (but to make it easier on yourself, you can take a couple instances from each film)!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Ok, here we go, there are three different dimensions in one(MFC, TMM, TMS, etc), they lived in a nursery and got seperated, in another(Muppet Babies cartoon, Muppet Kids, MTM), they grew up together and even went through college, and in a third Kermit and fozzie are brothers, there.