1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Does Mokey like Boober?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by baby sinclair, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Traveling Matt New Member

We shall start the bidding at two dimes, a muffin, and this piece of lint I just found in my shorts :p

- Billy :cool:
  2. I CALL ALL OF IT!!

(And I don't even know where that lint's been---true love man, true love...)
  3. Cantus Rock New Member

Hey no fair!! You sniped the auction while I was in school!!!! Well I'm going to get with the 3 D's from MV3D, so HA!!! (well, the 2 D's...Max wasn't very appealing...)

-Matt
  4. You can have 'em, man... ;)
  5. Cantus Rock New Member

LoL, you give me so many reasons to want to inflick pain upon you By..:D ;) :p (luv ya!)

-Matt
  6. baby sinclair New Member

what are you guys talking about what auction
  7. WemblinKate New Member

How do you guys always succeed in getting off topic by the time I get the chance to reply?

ANYWAYS

My solution is quite simple. First of all, Gobo and Red for sure. No doubt in my mind since there IS a LOT of Proof! Red kisses Gobo in Let the River Run, Gobo kisses Red in Mirror Mirror, the entire episode of Catch the Tail By The Tiger, I Want To Be You, and at the end of Mokey's Funeral when they go on the boat, you can see Red and Gobo sitting together, arms around each other. Who needs more?!
    Don't try to convince me otherwise, because Gobo and Red just should be together, in my mind.

Ok, for Boober, the Mokey thing might work, the only problem is Mokey is a little too motherly to Boober so it makes the relationship a little wierd. I almost think a new character should be introduced for Mokey. And Boober, well, I'd say the best bet is Tosh, just cuz she's so dang cute.

Lastly, there's Wembley. Quite frankly I always leave him open because I'm secretly in love with him. But we don't talk about that.

There's my 2 cents. Yet again, school calls.
    -Wemblin' Kate
  8. Sorry, but that don't work for me. ;)

If any fraggles "got together", it would be MOKEY and Gobo, not Red. Why? Cause there IS a LOT of proof! :D

In "Mokey's Funeral", Gobo says with devastation, "I never got to tell her...so many things..." :eek: , Mokey shows great admiration of Gobo in several episodes in a way she doesn't speak of the others, they playfully "flirt" with each other in "New Trash Heap In Town", and there are the famous Gobo and Mokey salt and pepper shakers in the Gorgs' castle. Besides, one of my best friends I grew up with was a Red who brought a Gobo chemistry of me to my relationship with her, and we could SOOOOOOO never be ANYthing more than friends! Just ask Tara, she'll vouch for this, the annoying/competitive aspects are too much! Lol!

:p

But we know that the fraggles will never get together in the series (since it's over now, hello), so that leaves Mokey open for me.

:D
  9. Cantus Rock New Member

Oh christ people wake up and see the Guiding Light (on NBC!). If anything, Cantus would roll through the rock on horseback. Wind would be blowing, and he'd wearing an open white buttondown shirt. He'd be the muppet Fabio so to speak. Then he'd lead all the female Fraggles, single file behind him like the pipe-pipper, back to his home, where magic would ensue. BANG!

-Matt
  10. baby sinclair New Member

was cantus ever in the animated fraggle rock. That would've been cool.
  11. Cantus Rock New Member

That is a good question. I highly doubt it, but I have a few episodes, so I'll take a look and see what I turn up. Again, great question...I'm quite inspired to find the answer now :)

-Matt
  12. baby sinclair New Member

for all you wandering maniacs scrounging for fraggle episodes you can go to kazaa .com and they have two whole episodes you can download 1 is called I love you wembly and the great radish famine. WARNING you must load software to computer desktop .And the episodes we love you wembly and the great radish famine. Now what do you say THANKS! WAHOO!
  13. Crazy Harry New Member

What's a pantamime puppet? I have to start visiting these Fraggle threads more often.
  14. Jeffrey Gray Member

A "pantomime" puppet is the kind of puppet which has two gloves that a puppeteer can stick their hands and arms into and actually operate the hands and arms. (Of course, the puppeteer usually only operates the right arm, another person operating the left arm...) They are also known as "live-hand" puppets.
  15. Crazy Harry New Member

Is there some unwritten law that says characters with live-hands have to be taller than those with rod-arms (or whatever they're called)?
  16. I dunno, the Swedish Chef didn't seem taller than some other TMS characters (like Sam, for instance), and actually Ernie is shorter than Bert.
  17. Crazy Harry New Member

That's somewhat because of their heads. I thought Sam was a live-hand puppet as well.
  18. *SIGH*

Fine then, I give up!

:mad:

No I don't.

The chef seems about as tall as Piggy...so there!

:p
  19. Crazy Harry New Member

Were we supposed to arguing?
  20. Cantus Rock New Member

Although there is no unwritten law about it, pant. puppets are usually taller. The reason is, being the reach of the puppeteer is extended with the longer arm, the body of the puppet must be porportioned. If it was the same size as rod puppets, the arms would be disporportionate to the body, and unless it was supposed to be a totally unrealistic character, it would looks wrong.

The Swedish Chef is taller technically. I believe they gave a higher lift to the other puppets when they had the Chef and another character in the same scene, or they lowered the Chef.

Ernie I know for a fact was intentionally lowered on SS. That is apparent on the Biography Close-Up with the footage of Jim and Frank doing a scene.

...now that I have shed my light on the subject, STOP FIGHTING YOU TWO! I'll send you to bed without supper, don't think I wont!! :)

-Matt