Does Mokey like Boober?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
That is a good question. I highly doubt it, but I have a few episodes, so I'll take a look and see what I turn up. Again, great question...I'm quite inspired to find the answer now :smile:

-Matt

baby sinclair

Reaction score
for all you wandering maniacs scrounging for fraggle episodes you can go to kazaa .com and they have two whole episodes you can download 1 is called I love you wembly and the great radish famine. WARNING you must load software to computer desktop .And the episodes we love you wembly and the great radish famine. Now what do you say THANKS! WAHOO!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
What's a pantamime puppet? I have to start visiting these Fraggle threads more often.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
A "pantomime" puppet is the kind of puppet which has two gloves that a puppeteer can stick their hands and arms into and actually operate the hands and arms. (Of course, the puppeteer usually only operates the right arm, another person operating the left arm...) They are also known as "live-hand" puppets.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Is there some unwritten law that says characters with live-hands have to be taller than those with rod-arms (or whatever they're called)?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I dunno, the Swedish Chef didn't seem taller than some other TMS characters (like Sam, for instance), and actually Ernie is shorter than Bert.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
actually Ernie is shorter than Bert.
That's somewhat because of their heads. I thought Sam was a live-hand puppet as well.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
*SIGH*

Fine then, I give up!

:mad:

No I don't.

The chef seems about as tall as Piggy...so there!

:stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Although there is no unwritten law about it, pant. puppets are usually taller. The reason is, being the reach of the puppeteer is extended with the longer arm, the body of the puppet must be porportioned. If it was the same size as rod puppets, the arms would be disporportionate to the body, and unless it was supposed to be a totally unrealistic character, it would looks wrong.

The Swedish Chef is taller technically. I believe they gave a higher lift to the other puppets when they had the Chef and another character in the same scene, or they lowered the Chef.

Ernie I know for a fact was intentionally lowered on SS. That is apparent on the Biography Close-Up with the footage of Jim and Frank doing a scene.

...now that I have shed my light on the subject, STOP FIGHTING YOU TWO! I'll send you to bed without supper, don't think I wont!! :smile:

-Matt