1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dreams about Muppets...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by punkNpuppets, Nov 1, 2002.

1. FraggleFrick

FraggleFrick Active Member

That would be AWESOME

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I dream that I got Snuffy, Bert, & CM gund plush, at last its only a dream,

3. FraggleFrick

I have had multiple dreams like that. It always frustrates me :smirk:

4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Last night I dreamt that there was a new Muppet movie concerning Up Late with Miss Piggy.

5. MrMuppet93

MrMuppet93 New Member

I recently had a dream about Animal........but forgot what the dream was about......

6. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

I dreamt that I was in one of Prairie Dawn's pageants, but instead of Muppets, there were Mega Man characters and Touhou characters (specifically from Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream). Bass was playing the piano, and I remember I was blushing 'cuz he's hot. :flirt: Then I ran on the stage and yelled "RAISIN BRAN!" at the top of my lungs, and Raisin Bran started raining down (like in @Convincing John's dream). The audience started clapping and Kotohime wanted me to sign an autograph, which I did. And then Bass stood up from the piano, bowed, and stroke a pose, which made me faint. :flirt:

7. FraggleFrick

Lol... I will never forget Convincing John's crazy dream!

8. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

Last night, I dreamed I saw the Count ironing one of his capes. I admired it, and he offered to let me wear it. I politely declined, but he insisted. This time, I was less polite. I gave him this quote (which I saw in waking life on a TV Tropes webpage):

"I will not wear long, heavy cloaks. While they certainly make a bold fashion statement, they have an annoying tendency to get caught in doors or tripped over during an escape."
    Evil Overlord List Cellblock B

SnakeLipsXD and LaRanaRene like this.
  9. tedbear

tedbear New Member

I had a very strange one last night, what's even stranger is that some of this is true, and happened quite recently.

Ok. So, I dreamt that my grandma was moving out of her old house and we were having a clear out, but I couldn't make it on some days. On one of those, my dad found his old record collection, which had the first muppet show l.p. in it. Unfortunately, he sent them off to a thrift store. Then, a few days later, me and him got into a conversation about labyrinth, which then turned into one about Jim Henson, and that muppet show l.p. came up. Hearing about it for the first time, I wanted to go and get it, so I did, and all of this so far did happen in real life a few weeks ago. But this is when things get weird. Suddenly then, just as I was about to buy it, some people started a gun attack or something like that. Then, right before my eyes, Kermit literally leaps off the cover (he is a frog after all) and attacks the gunmen. Next thing I know, I'm in the hospital, and my family along with Kermit is there. And that was when it ended. Probably the most bizarre thing I've ever dreamt of.

10. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I rarely have Muppet-related dreams, but I just woke up from one of those weird scene-changing dreams. You know, where it starts out as something, and then becomes something completely, yet logically different.

Anyway, it started out with me watching the shooting of a classic Sesame episode in which Oscar sings "I Love Trash." I remember Caroll and his assistant puppeteer had difficulty getting the trash out of the can, and had to do multiple takes.

That led to me explaining to somebody that "I Love Trash" is Oscar's signature song. I then began to mention other signature Sesame songs, including Ernie's "Rubber Duckie." The dream then cut to Ernie in his bathtub singing you know what.

Suddenly, Ernie starts singing Mahna Mahna, and the Snowths pop up in his tub to interrupt him.

This then led to some clips that were apparently from the fifth season of the Muppet Show. The Electric Mayhem sang something that sounded like it was from Fraggle Rock. For some reason, as part of their sketch, a few of the members were painted white.

Cut to a scene in which some of the gang celebrates the birthday of a rather unhappy Piggy. Rizzo appears in the background eating her cake. For some odd reason a very early version of Pepe was also there.

Next up, a ton of Muppets gathered around to face off some sort of villain, who has kidnapped Kermit. Or rather, they face off his Muppet henchman. It was a strange mix of Muppets that included the original Rowlf from the '60s (the dark colored one with the bald head) and Baskerville, Leon (from JHH), and an early version of Wembley Fraggle.

The dream ended with a human detective (played by Kevin Clash) showing up at the front door of the Muppets' home, which for some reason looked like the set from "Full House."

Either there's some deep psychological reasoning behind all of this, or I've been watching too much of the Muppets lately. :p

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I dreamt that I saw some news report promoting Follow That Bird, with one of the people in charge of production complaining about executive meddling, claiming that either Warner Bros. or Sesame Workshop demanded rewrites, changing all the really good stuff in the script (considering how good the movie is, if they really did change "all the really good stuff", I'd like to know what the "really good stuff" is), and mentioned there being about 14 minutes cut from the film, including more scenes on the street, particularly more Snuffleupagus.

The report also showed a few deleted scenes, like one with Big Bird at a restaurant, going from table to table so he could spend breakfast with all his friends at different tables, quickly eating pancakes and then going to another table to order more, the waitress questioning how anyone could eat pancakes and find another table fast enough to be the next table the waitress takes orders from.

12. Mo Frackle

Strangely, I had an FTB dream too. All I can remember is that Gordon's search team was joined by Scooter, Animal, and a character resembling Mushmellon from Sam and Friends. Some of the puppets had visible legs.

13. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Yeah my dream came true yesterday.

14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I recently had a dream where Big Bird came to my house and I got to fly with him on an airplane to the Sesame Street set.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  15. Mo Frackle

Last night I dreamt that The Muppets had been picked up for a second season. In an attempt at boosting ratings, characters from Sesame Street were thrown into the cast.

FraggleFrick likes this.
  16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

About six years ago, I had a dream that I was playing in the park with a bunch of Muppets from SST. The whole dream was in the form of one of those cheesy montages that you see on TV and movies, with the sappy music in the background and the shots with me playing on swings or monkey bars or drinking a milkshake with various characters. All of a sudden out of completely nowhere one of those orange Anything Muppet monsters from Plaza Sesamo pops out and shouts in a gruff voice similar Rowlf, "Get away from my doo doo"
    :confused:
    [​IMG]

FraggleFrick and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  17. FraggleFrick

That actually sounds awesome :laugh:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It does sound awesome and I agree with Pig's Laundry.

I would like to have a dream like that as well.

19. SnakeLipsXD

SnakeLipsXD Active Member

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that (while not specifically about Muppets) was of me and some friends hanging out with Dave Goelz - and chatting about an experience in Wales that never actually happened... strange...
    XD

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  20. GonzoLover726

GonzoLover726 Member

Last night I had an dream where I was in my film Study class and Fozzie and Kermit came in asking for me and even said "Hi ho!" (I apparently was helping them tour around in my area...again) So I left class with them and went to some stage where they were practicing and when the show happened, at the end they surprised me with an little act for helping them out while they were here.

What's weird is a month ago or so I had an dream almost exactly like that only I was never in class and they also surprised me with an act at the end of the show as gratitude for helping them out.

And I even remember being surrounded by Muppets and Kermit saying "Thanks for helping us out again!" in the end of the second one, further proving it was like an sequal to the dream I had an month ago. It was really cool to have another dream of the Muppets.

SnakeLipsXD likes this.