D'Snowth's Unfinished Thoughts... on LIFE...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
t's gotten so bad, places like Best Buy have had to start offers to customers that if they end up buying a computer, a TV, a phone, etc, that they discover is no longer "acceptable", they can reurn tthem and exchange them for the newer thing that is.
ive actually wondered how this works, like find someone who actually did this
especially if its an apple product...i mean i like some apple stuff but im not apple elitist i don't think they are the best computers out there and most of their dolar price is just on the name itself (found an article about this very thing)

but if you ipod is a month old and a new oone comes out can you replace it?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thats another thing. Apple jacks up their prices because people will buy things with Apple in its name.Since when did Apple become supreme overlords of pcs and media storage devices? My cheap 20 dollar mp3 player is just as good as any 200 dollar ipod. My mp3 player even accepts SD cards to expand the memory. If your ipod is full you either need to delete old stuff or buy a new one. I just need another 10 dollar SD card. And "macs" are to pcs no matter what they say. PC stands for personal computer, and that is what a mac is. a computer fr personal use. My free non smart phone has just as good internet access as a smart phone *cough*iphone*cough* I'm on my non smart phone making this post. I can go on any site and view it exactly as it appears on a computer (minus flash and embedded videos). My cell phone works better than my friends ipod touch for watching videos (even if stuff is a bit more pixelated, buffering is slim to none on a good day, frequent but fast on a bad).

so just because something is not "new" and "advanced" doesnt mean its not as good as said new and advanced thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since when did Apple become supreme overlords of pcs and media storage devices?
Ideally, Apple has been slightly superior to PCs and such, mostly because of the more sophisticated technology that went into their manufacturing, that made them immune to things such as viruses, malware, spyware, hacking, identity theft, etc.

But you know what? In recent years, they've been able to write viruses that CAN penetrate Apple computers, so NYAH-NYAAAAHHH!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Being "immune" to hacking and viruses is moot. Its only a matter of time before some persistant hacker cracks your system XD

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Macs dont get virus' but they can freeze like heck, and do the cursed pinwheel of death and nothing fixes it short of rebooting your comp..i know my college was mostly mac and most of the reason why i pulled all nighters to finish and edit was because of these very reasons

not to mention every year they got "new" ungraded computers

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------------------
The freeze issues (and the old "Beach ball of doom") were ALWAYS due to some third-party software NOT being programmed properly to begin with (coughcough*AOL*coughcough). I NEVER EVER experienced a freeze of any kind which was not tracked down to some non-Apple POS fouling up my system by conflicting with a necessary system extension/control. When I get my next Mac I'll be teaching myself Unix so I can dig into the guts and know EXACTLY what extension does what -- used to be able to do that with pre-X OSes, and my little 2-gig Performa was kicking the tuchis of every single PC it ran up against throughout the mid-to-late-90s in speed and performance! Can a WinDoze base beat that? No. Never could, never will. But it does help if you know your system thoroughly.

--------------------------------------

beaker

Reaction score
Actually, that was another point I forgot to mention: one of my older brothers, who's now a practicing surgeon (with TWO practices, actually), is STILL paying off debts and student loans, and he's in his 30s.
Well, that seems expected though? One is in surgical residency well into their 20's, and the cost for good medical school is rather expensive

beaker

Reaction score
1. I consider Apple an evil corrupt company, of which there's countless reasons behind this view.

2. Yeah I ain't down with 3d. 3d WORKS in short time spans, like Captain EO or that sort of thing. Ive been forced to see many many films in 3d at the movies and I do not like it.

3. These days, all you need to do is have a clever/funny video series, one catchy song/video, etc on youtube or create a quirky game app for smart phones...and youve made it. Especially with youtube, instant success. People shouldnt go to school and expect to succeed unless they're passionate about a specific narrowed field(like say, the high paying speech pathology) As mentioned, the IT field is crazy crowded

Drtooth

Reaction score
3. These days, all you need to do is have a clever/funny video series, one catchy song/video, etc on youtube or create a quirky game app for smart phones...and youve made it. Especially with youtube, instant success. People shouldnt go to school and expect to succeed unless they're passionate about a specific narrowed field(like say, the high paying speech pathology) As mentioned, the IT field is crazy crowded

There is nothing that annoys me more greatly than that. I love how some of these kids fall butt backwards into tech jobs, or just find another way to make a ripoff of Myspace with LESS frills, and then ONLY hire college graduates for 3 jobs like they're some sort of philanthropists. I saw an interview on something and just wanted to smack the guy.

The internet is still too young to be the next level of entertainment. Maybe in a couple years... but then again, by then the corporations will own all of it and it will be just as restrictive as everything else. I'm competing with bored stoners whose parents can afford digital cameras and make quirky "comedies" where everyone just blankly stares at each other and make references to stuff in 3 minutes. I hate crap like Fred and.... I dunno... nigahiga isn't funny and just annoying...everything else is just lame video game parodies. The only original form comedy I like on the internet is maybe every so often Funny or Die will have something good. Pee Wee's iPad short was one of the best things I've seen in years.

It does open up a new world to creative types... unfortunately, it opens up a whole new world to UNcreative types that think they're creative. Rebecca Black. That is all.

Angry Birds makes me angry. They basically stole the same "protect the castle" type game (everything's either a protect the castle game or something stolen out of Wario Ware and stretched out to be an entire game), and plopped down quirky character designs and made a fortune because it was one of the first iPhone games or something. Had I known this was the only way to make money, I'd've worked on computer programming, ripped code from another game, and shoved kooky characters in it and made a fortune of merchandising rights.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, you know, I can argue about become a bit of a "success" on YouTube, but in all honesty, I HAVEN'T.

All YouTube has done for me is expand the audience of my work, as well as Steve D'Monster's fanbase outside this little Hamlet of Knoxville... it hasn't made me "famous" or "successful" or anything, it's just gotten me a bigger audience; the main way these people like "Fred" or Shane Dawson or that gay guy who doesn't wear pants under his desk, etc got to be successful was because they PAID YouTube to make them successful... yeah, if you PAY YouTube, they'll make you famous, but that right there is a corruption waiting to happen, you can never really 100% trust the people you make transactions with over the internet, which is the main reason I stopped using eBay years ago when they forced everyone to only use PayPal as the only form of payment.