Editing Posts...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Heh, if you're willing to pay, which I was because I despised my mistakes (well, one was fixing continuity when a later story messed up my previous story) that bad. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The issue is that once someone has posted and everyone's replied to them...If they then go and change the original post, suddenly all the following posts are pointless for someone reading the thread without having realised that there's been edits.

Someone could say one reactionary, cause a stir, and then change it to something innocent later in the day (or week) and everyone else could end up looking like they are trying to start a fight over nothing. (Not that we EVER start fights...*sharpens said pitch forks* ...ahem...)

Or, with fanfics, once someone's commented on a certain scene, if later you were to decide to cut the scene or move it, the conected comment would be null and void and confusing.

Even little things like spelling and grammer (Sure, I'd love to go back and fix up my first few weeks here at MC when I had teRible spiLlgn...), if something is changed at a later date...it could make things very illogical for anyone who maybe replied with, say, the correct spelling of Bovegard...I mean Beauregard...
These are the main reasons there is a limit to the edit time. Before we had time limits this was an issue on multiple occasions.
Well if the editing time was changed, it might be for only a few more hours to avoid the issues discussed above. It’s always a good idea to re-read your posts immediately after they are posted to be sure everything looks and sounds the way you intended.
That happens A LOT LESS than you think. Every other forum I've seen that has no limit on editing posts, I don't recall ever seeing issues like this happening at all, and these forums are just as disciplined as this place.

aritario

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I spent several hours searching the option to edit one of my threads without any luck.

Seriously, not being able to edit our posts is very annoying and unpleasant, no matter who is the idea or who handles it, but it is reality. I've already been digging into this thread and I really am glad that there are other people with the same criteria, please take this into consideration and let everyone can edit his messages, titles and opinions at the time it sees without prohibitions or rules with not ties to the foundation or general consent of its participants.

I'm just saying, is in very bad taste to see that other people can manage "your information" or block your ability to change, delete or add information on your own message and the original author can not.

We know there are rules and exceptions in all cases, but this place is a forum and is nourished by our participation, ideas and voices. The fact that a person or a limited group seems a rule will work, that does not mean that is according to what the majority thinks or wants.

Please! Could you help us with this claim?

Thx!