eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

statler salad

Reaction score
Does anybody agree with me that this thread should now be closed?

Saves any re-hashing of old arguments/disagreeements.

Luke

Reaction score
Haven't been on in a while - cannot believe that eFX still haven't got this together - trying to stay positive but the UK sites were expecting Rizzo around March. I hope and expect it will happen (in some timescale) and that the stumbling block is a manufacturing one that can be sorted and not a sales one. *cries for Fozzie*

I think most of us realized the problem with Master Replicas (other than them having some very slight problems in the actual "replica" definition) was in marketing. I fail to see what this new company has done or is planning to do to that is different, its vital, especially with the higher pricing. So it'll be very interesting to see, what with them hoping to do a long line of them in quite a short amount of time.

Love and Penguins! (Penguin replica ... now there's a thought .. with removable helmet and goggles)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Anticipation becomes Frustration

Haven't been on in a while - cannot believe that eFX still haven't got this together - trying to stay positive but the UK sites were expecting Rizzo around March. I hope and expect it will happen (in some timescale) and that the stumbling block is a manufacturing one that can be sorted and not a sales one. *cries for Fozzie*

I think most of us realized the problem with Master Replicas (other than them having some very slight problems in the actual "replica" definition) was in marketing. I fail to see what this new company has done or is planning to do to that is different, its vital, especially with the higher pricing. So it'll be very interesting to see, what with them hoping to do a long line of them in quite a short amount of time.

Love and Penguins! (Penguin replica ... now there's a thought .. with removable helmet and goggles)
I admit to having been frustrated with the nature of information release and would have preferred to get just the facts from an official source either from the company or have them officially endorse Muppetperson or another source to do so. Hints, officially-unofficial leaks, conjecture, opinion and emotion have clouded the topic when right now we just want to hear two things: the official price and the release date. I guess they're still figuring that out and there’s really no news to discuss until then that hasn’t been exhausted here unless Rizzo will be coming packed with the Dancing Cheeses or some other such info.

We keep hearing that the SRP is coming soon, but it's been months. The price is set by many variables in a delicate balancing act between factory costs and suppliers willing to carry the product. That's the only thing I can think of that would be delaying the announcment. I wonder what their advertising campaign will be once that happens, but my guess is it will be wider than a forum post or their newsletter.

I'm just ready for some actual news. I don't care who it comes from.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Just a FYI about Efx...I know for a fact that it is kind of a hault for everything Efx wise. Even over at the Star Wars end it has been really quiet as well.

Also, I don't want to get into anything or cause any trouble. But I do know that Peter does talk to Bryan and gets his info from him. I have talked to Bryan myself and he lets us know sometimes if or when something has changed. I knew about Efx having the Muppet license way before it was anounced. Bryan would let any of you know if you emailed him or contacted to him about updated products. This is just in defense of Muppetperson. He is a good person and he is being a good source for all of us. I am sure if he wasn't getting any info from Bryan...no one would know anything like we do now. To me, he is a good source of info, and I don't want to see the guy get knocked down. He knows the facts and that's all there is to it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm still cool with MuppetPerson coming back

I really wish this would get resolved. I do.

I've already welcomed Muppetperson's participation back here (not like he needs that, but it was extended). He's a very sensitive member and I can take that better into account in the future. That sensitivity should be extended to all members.

It would be best if EFX folk would confirm a forum-spokes-status for him (or someone). I encourage his reporting the facts and goings on. There’s no doubt Muppetperson knows this stuff, but along with those facts, he was a little aggressive in his opinion of them and how that should be processed by the forum. Members here should also be able to voice their opinions about this and all Muppet merchandise on the forum.

It’s an awkward gray area that's happened here over the years with other products. The PR seems to be working the same way as MR back in the day. Even the official info from the company seems to be tentative. Now this recent development mentioned by MuppetCaper has me worried. Is the EFX Company in trouble?

Luke

Reaction score
I admit to having been frustrated with the nature of information release and would have preferred to get just the facts from an official source either from the company or have them officially endorse Muppetperson or another source to do so. Hints, officially-unofficial leaks, conjecture, opinion and emotion have clouded the topic when right now we just want to hear two things: the official price and the release date. I guess they're still figuring that out and there’s really no news to discuss until then that hasn’t been exhausted here unless Rizzo will be coming packed with the Dancing Cheeses or some other such info.
Yeah i can completely understand how fans feel frustrated by all this eFX stuff - its not been good. I can appreciate that some people were trying to feed back information on behalf of eFX but ideally it needs to come from the company themselves rather than letting someone else take all the flack and end up getting defensive when it all hits the fan. eFX knew full well it was all being reported back here so possibly it wasn't the greatest idea for them to have given non-concrete updates to someone at a time when they know the whole process of putting out collectable niche stuff like this is very volatile. It also hasn't done their company image any good.

I realise i haven't done much for customer relations between fans and eFX by saying that! :smirk:

It does sound like there are some major problems, there is no way this is solely all about getting hold of materials or costing them, its been way too long for that - and it does worry me too. These are the same people more or less as Master Replicas and i have just failed to see the point from early on how they expect a line like this to do well at a higher price and lower more exclusive quantity when the identical line before it didn't sell enough even when it was being reduced down to silly money. Obviously they still need to get a certain amount of orders, the marketing isnt any better (so far) and while the much better quality is fantastic and will help encourage people a lot, the Muppet fanbase just isn't the size and doesn't have the spending power (or "pull" to encourage comic stores etc to place orders) as Star Wars. I hope they can pull it off, i applaud them for picking up the license and at least trying. Not sure how this will end tho!

:confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A little extra fan support for EFX:

EFX, like many collectibles companies, is small and I appreciate that. It's hard to manage it and they have a lot to consider. If I had the funding to start a profitable company it wouldn't be in the collectibles field - I'll tell you that. It's a very had business no matter how well it's done and the people in it are there because they want to be. I understand that the EFX folk are fans like us and want to get this to succeed. They have to handle so many things that stopping by forums isn’t top priority and it can get tricky. MuppetPerson sort of filled that gap.

Also, just because there’s a fan base doesn’t mean there’s strong retail support. I learned this lesson when Palisades pitch Tux Statler and Waldorf to retailers and nobody wanted them. I know the visuals looked great because I worked on them. :wink: These days that would be a different story. Their original versions command big bucks on Ebay.

What I’m trying to say is that this is that however they want to get the information out is great with me. I’d prefer to it to have a stamp of approval on it.