eFX's Rizzo Thread

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've stopped saving money for this in order to invest in things right here and now. There's no reason to put my life on hold in this challenging economy. I do feel Rizzo could eventually come out, but I'm quite underwhelmed by the lack of information from EFX. They could be silent because they don’t know anything new or because they are going under as a business. There’s just no way to tell.

I'm no stranger to the world of small business and how much harder we have to try than the bigger guys. It's just that every time EFX announces something they make it seem like this product is just around the corner when it isn't. I just hope that I’ll have enough money if Rizzo ever comes out.

There’s likely to be a sizable Muppet product push next year and this Rizzo could just get lost in the mix. Now is the time to release an expensive poser.

hoopless

Reaction score
I've pretty much given up too, but part of me is still crossed. Last time I checked the Efx site they were taking orders for the Snow White heart box which was announced at a similar sort of time to Rizzo, so maybe he's next on the agenda once they've dealt with that. They don't seem able to deal with more than one collectible at a time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've pretty much given up too, but part of me is still crossed. Last time I checked the Efx site they were taking orders for the Snow White heart box which was announced at a similar sort of time to Rizzo, so maybe he's next on the agenda once they've dealt with that. They don't seem able to deal with more than one collectible at a time.
I guess Wondercon in a few weeks or D23 in a couple months will be the final test of Rizzo's viablility. :shifty:

hoopless

Reaction score
I guess Wondercon in a few weeks or D23 in a couple months will be the final test of Rizzo's viablility. :shifty:
I would think they'll aim for D23 (what does the 23 stand for? I was thinking it was just the number of times the convention had happened, I guess not if it's gonna be 23 again). Makes sense for them to do that when they have already announced a discount for members. Perhaps that way they think they will get more pre-orders if they make him available there first. Just guessing obviously.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would think they'll aim for D23 (what does the 23 stand for? I was thinking it was just the number of times the convention had happened, I guess not if it's gonna be 23 again). Makes sense for them to do that when they have already announced a discount for members. Perhaps that way they think they will get more pre-orders if they make him available there first. Just guessing obviously.
The 23 stands for 1923, the year Walt Disney set up walt Disney studios.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I'm not really one to say this, and it's out of character for me, But I feel the same as others here. I have no faith in Rizzo coming out. I wish they would, but I just feel it's been way to extremely long for a release date or a pre-order date. I know things take time, but this is waaaaaay too much time. Oh well. I had enough for him, but have directed that money elsewhere, like Jaime.:shifty:

eFx, if you're reading this, seriously, throw us a bone, and not the same bone you've been throwing either. Your website has not been updated AT ALL. It looks like no one has even pre-orderd the evil queens heart box yet. It just makes sales look bad.:sympathy:

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
The new EFX news letter that just came out today has nothing listed about Rizzo.
Lynn

hoopless

Reaction score
The 23 stands for 1923, the year Walt Disney set up walt Disney studios.
ahh that makes sense.

Rizzo was on show at comicon again from what I've heard but decidedly more faded than he was last year, but still no news.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No news is the news. No factory wants to handle this piece at the cost and quality required by EFX and Disney. I think they want to avoid the weird sizing issue with Kermit and mouthplate issue with Animal of MR's factories that committed to making something they couldn't quite deliver. It would be nice if they kept us in the loop and hadn't yanked our chain as much in the beginning, but at least we know the skinny on it now.

My prediction: If these get made it won't be this year. The time it would take to manufacture and test these items would probably set the release date somewhere in the first half of next year if things start going well. Maybe Comic Con provided EFX with some new options. I have a feeling that the license will lapse before these get made.

Either way, in my 20/20 hindsight...I would gone with Beaker as the first EFX poser. He would have sold to fans and non-fans alike and while no Muppet construction is simple, the design and materials would be a little easier to get right. I would have also packed a survey inside the box to see what people who actually bought the poser would want by way of future posers. That's all fine and easy to say now, of course, but it would have been the best way to get these done IMHO. :eek: