Electric Mayhem explosion at Hot Topic

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Ok Ok, anyone else want to make phun of my typing skills? Kentucky ain't that far away that eye kouldn't come up there and ruff you up a bit.:stick_out_tongue:
LOL!!! I'm so sorry *maaan*, but I couldn't help it! And I was an English major in college, lol... :stick_out_tongue: But you were a great sport about it! lol

That is, unless you do come up here and "ruff" me up a bit! :eek:

*GULP*

By the by, if you do, could you maybe hook me up with a job in radio, huh, huh, could ya, huh? :smile:

I'm gettin' desperate, where I'll do almost anything for $$$ so I can pay bills, and Emmy and Jackie say I need to be a DJ---or somethin' radioy! lol :big_grin:

Oh, and watch out, buddy---I've been workin' out since March. Don't you be expectin' to come to Kentucky with no challenge a-waitin' ya, Buster... :wink:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Oh, and watch out, buddy---I've been workin' out since March. Don't you be expectin' to come to Kentucky with no challenge a-waitin' ya, Buster... :wink:
Are you ready to rumble??????? Just Kidding! I knew it was all in good fun.

As far as radio goes. It's a tough field to break into. Cut-throat, full of egos bigger then Montana, and the pay sucks. BIG TIME. It’s most definitely not for everyone, and it’s a labor of love.

The best thing I can say is put together some demo tapes. If you put together a resume for any kind of vocal broadcasting, they are going to want an "air check" tape of yourself. That is, they want to hear what you sound like. So for folks who haven't worked in radio before (on the air), it’s tough. If you are serious about it, email me and I'll give you some pointers, insight, etc etc. I know that eventually I'll be leaving my post in Memphis for another station, but I'm not sure how long, or soon that will be. But it is coming eventually. I don't think anyone would want to be heir apparent to my duties right now, but it’s a great starting point (one of top stations (depending on demographic breakdowns) in a top fifty market)

radionate2000@yahoo.com

radionate

Reaction score
Ok, that's it then. I'm not holding back anymore punches...............You are off my Christmas Card List you big bully!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Ok, that's it then. I'm not holding back anymore punches...............You are off my Christmas Card List you big bully!
:eek:

B--but I like Christmas cards!

:frown:

*sigh*

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno. I've always felt a little threatened to go into that store, becasue it it so dark and has pulsating Punk music piped through the store. Me? I listen to Polka, and Cartoon soundtracks, so you can see where I'm going with this. But hanging around on this message board can give you courage to just about do anything. and uh.. for you guys buying lady's underwear with male character on it....OHHH OHHH ooh shudder. Now I've got something to replace spiders in my nightmares! Thanks.. I think!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Dude, I know how you feel. I walked in there last weekend, and I felt like a turd in a swimming pool...totally out of place. It's got great stuff in there though, especially in the back.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Dude, I know how you feel. I walked in there last weekend, and I felt like a turd in a swimming pool...totally out of place. It's got great stuff in there though, especially in the back.
Has anyone else noticed that Ken is getting more and more comfortable here on the boards? First he's talking about wearing women's panties, now this kind of potty talk! My my!:wink:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Am I the only person here who has trouble telling the man's clothes from the women's clothes in that place sometimes?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that Ken is getting more and more comfortable here on the boards? First he's talking about wearing women's panties, now this kind of potty talk! My my
Oops...sorry about that.