EM.TV extends Henson sale until February

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Thanks. It's very interesting to see these things, especially the letter, in hindsight.

As for a good memory, well, I think about it every day, so it didn't take much effort. :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Also, this is what Brian Henson and Charles Rivkin had to say to Henson employees after the EM.TV buyout...
What a load of shattered dreams and broken promises ....... still, i bet the money was nice !

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, kind of funny reading it now huh? :embarrassed:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Sure is. Sometimes I laughed out loud when reading it, especially when EM.TV put Henson up for sale.

As for the Henson family? Yeah I'm sure $680 million ain't bad. :wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah! i could live with 680 million! couldn't you????

Sarah

Luke

Reaction score
They didn't actually get 680 million of it though - i heard they lost a bit when the shares took a nosedive, not that much though, i think they probably got out before too much damage was done.

Still more than enough to buy a hot tub and a membership to the Britney fan club !

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah couldn't ya do that with about oh 40,000 and that's a NICE hot tub!

Sarah

danielromens

Reaction score
I find it odd that although they didn't lose that much, they haven't tried to get the company back as a rich million dollar family. Dissappointing.

Luke

Reaction score
I guess they know a few things about the state of the company that we don't - which might be the whole idea (besides the money) of why they decided to sell to EMTV in the first place.

Bored

Reaction score
I might be hated by this comment, but I seriously hope Disney doesn't buy The Henson Company. It seems like Disney has been slowly buying up the rights to several bits of children's television programs lately. From what I've found, Disney has already purchased Saban Entertainment Group (might be wrong but I doubt) and several other cartoon studios. Disney has a tendency to keep a "GRIP" on programs they've "acquired" and apparently shut them away for an indefinate period of time. With Disney acquiring Saban, they've also acquired the rights to the old "Dungeons and Dragons" cartoon. I'm not sure if anybody else here is a fan of it, but I am seeing as I grew up with it. But since they acquired it, Disney has made no attempts to release the series on DVD, VHS or even into Syndication. If this is a constant trend, and they acquire The Henson Company, there's a good chance that we won't be seeing any of the old Muppet shows on either cable/DirectTV or on any sorts of retail shelving. But that's my feelings about the whole thing and I'm not saying I'm 100% right on this subject.