EM.TV extends Henson sale until February

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bored
I might be hated by this comment, but I seriously hope Disney doesn't buy The Henson Company.
Hated? You kidding? Anti Disney buyout sentiments have always been enjoyed and nurtured on here! As we like to say, keep those white gloves off our frog!

Btw, Welcome Aboard MC!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Bored,

Few people have reason to hate Disney, The others just tag along cause there is nothing else to do.

Im with ya, I WISH that Disney buy the Henson Company !

:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Bored is right, there is a definite chance that Disney could sit on a lot of Henson matierial and we would never see much of it (kinda like now so no change there) but they do go through periods of getiing the stuff out of the vaults for a brief time. We'd probably see a short period where they used Henson programming a lot on their channels .. then it'd just drift away. The good point about Disney though, forgetting the past stuff, is that they have the facilities, money and backing to do the NEW stuff right and establish the brand more and with greater impact in TV, Film and especially at Retail.

It's just a pipe dream though, Disney definitely are not buying the Henson Company anytime in the near future - right now i would stake my kidney on that ...... but i better not shout that too loudly when Sarah's around ! :eek:

Muppets1985

Reaction score
ahhhhhhhh okay!?

Originally posted by Bored
I might be hated by this comment, but I seriously hope Disney doesn't buy The Henson Company. It seems like Disney has been slowly buying up the rights to several bits of children's television programs lately. From what I've found, Disney has already purchased Saban Entertainment Group (might be wrong but I doubt) and several other cartoon studios. Disney has a tendency to keep a "GRIP" on programs they've "acquired" and apparently shut them away for an indefinate period of time. With Disney acquiring Saban, they've also acquired the rights to the old "Dungeons and Dragons" cartoon. I'm not sure if anybody else here is a fan of it, but I am seeing as I grew up with it. But since they acquired it, Disney has made no attempts to release the series on DVD, VHS or even into Syndication. If this is a constant trend, and they acquire The Henson Company, there's a good chance that we won't be seeing any of the old Muppet shows on either cable/DirectTV or on any sorts of retail shelving. But that's my feelings about the whole thing and I'm not saying I'm 100% right on this subject.

Ahhhh sorry to burst your bubble there pal but, Disney ONLY got a hold of Saban ONLY b/c it was part of the Fox Family deal (aka ABC family) over 2 years ago!:rolleyes:

and another thing.... about ""Dungeons and Dragons" cartoon" WHAT IN THE heck is that! I just asked some of my other "inside' Disney ppl about this and they sayed that Disney NEVER has bought these thing!

Bored

Reaction score
Hey, I never said I might be 100% correct on all this info. From my own research online when I was trying to track down who had the rights for the Dungeons and Dragons series, TSR (the original owners) sold the rights to Saban prior to being bought out by Wizards of the West Coast. From there, Saban did re-editing and released the series for a short time on the FoxKids programing block. From what I was told and from what I could find, the series was bought by Disney when they did the purchase of Fox Family. If your guys say that they've never heard of it, then I have absolutely no clue as to where exactly this series has gone then. For my information, Disney is supposed to have the rights to this series, but as I said, I am not 100% certain and I have been unable to contact anybody at the Disney company directly so I was never able to check on this. *shrugs* :confused:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
hmmm

Has it come to anyone elses attention that we are no longer in February and still no deal on the Muppets:confused:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
right now i would stake my kidney on that ...... but i better not shout that too loudly when Sarah's around ! :eek:
hehe..............................luuuuuuuke......c'mere!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

okay that's enough!

jamiedenny,

i'm not surprised...cause emtv hasn't been one for keeping their word:smirk:

Sarah

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Maybe they meant February 2004.

I'd say stay tuned for the next week when the stock market is open again, if that makes any difference. That company doesn't like its own deadlines. :zany: Just wanted to use the penguin.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
more like february 4732...
Whaoh! We'll be lucky if life still exists on Earth by then :concern: