Episodes Brian Henson could've specificiez

D

Dil

Brian Henson could've introduce specifically on all of the episodes of The Muppet Show.

Here's a list of popular stars:
Don Knotts, Johnny Cash, Milton Berle, Vincent Price, Lou Rawls

Can you post a transcript of specific intros that Brian Henson could've done?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Brian Henson could have made special intros for Juliet Powse, Connie Stevens, and Linda Ronstadt, in addition to those you mentioned.

I'll make a mock-introduction for the Juliet Prowse episode now:

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Juliet Prowse. (insert clip from Juliet's first number) This was the first episode produced. One of the main highlights from this episode is it's opening number, mahna Mahna. (insert clip from the Mahna Mahna number) This sketch was originally performed on The Ed Sullivan Show, and featured a muppet named Mahna Mahna, who was joined by two back-up singers called The Snowths. It's one of the best-known moments in Muppet history. And now, here's Mahna Mahna, The Snowths, and Juliet Prowse in the first episode of The Muppet Show."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is my transcript for a Brian henson intro for the Connie Stevens episode.

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features Connie Stevens. (insert clip from Teenager in Love) In this episode, Connie Stevens did a song and dance number with a trio of monsters known as The Mutations. (insert clip of Connie saying "Well, they're not the Temptations", and Kermit saying "No, those are the Mutations") Another thing to watch for is the closing number, featuring a special appearance by Sesame Street's Ernie and Bert. (insert clip from the beginning of Ernie and Bert's sketch here) So enjoy Connie tevens, Ernie, Bert, and the cast of The Muppet Show."

And here is a transcript for the Joel Grey episode.

"Hi, I'm Brian henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features Joel Grey. (insert clip from closing number) In addition to Joel grey, this episode features not only Fozzie's first comedy spot on the show, but also the first time that Statler and waldorf interracted with anyone besides ach other. (insert clip of Fozzie talking to Statler and Waldorf) Another great number to look for is the opening number, in which a group of monsters sing Comedy Tonight. (insert clip from Comedy Tonight here) many of the monsters in that number were created for a special that my father collaborated with Ed Sullivan on called The Great Santa Clause Switch. In that special, those characters were known as Frackles. And now, here is The Muppet Show."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are a few more phony transcripts. I believe that the episodes with Rita Moreno and Paul Williams had episode-specific introductions.

"Hi, I'm Brian henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features Ruth Buzzi. (insert clip from the talk spot) She was really enjoyable to work with, and several years later, she would be reunited with the Muppets once again when she joined the cast of Sesame Street, playing the role of Ruthie, owner of the Finders keepers thrift shop. (insert clip of Ruthie from Sesame Street) Also in this episode, Scooter brings in a wind-up robotic version of Kermit. (insert clip of Scooter letting the robotic Kermit out of the box, fllowed by the mirror scene) Several years later, another Robot Kermit would be made for the cover of Muppet Magazine. (insert still photo of Muppet Magazine cover with a robot Kermit) And here is Ruth Buzzi on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features Florence Henderson. (Insert clip from Happy Together number) A running gag in this episode is Miss Piggy's lust for Kermit (insert backstage scene with Kermit and Miss Piggy), as well as Piggy's jealousy towards Florence Henderson (insert clip of Piggy karate chopping Florence in her talk spot). Also in this episode is The Koozebanian Mating Ritual, which originated in The Muppet Valentine Show. (insert clips from both versions in split-screen form for comparrision) And now, here is The Muppet Show with Florence Henderson."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Charles Aznavour. (insert clip from the talk spot) This episode also features a great opening number, "I Feel pretty". (insert clip from the "I Feel Pretty" number) What's interesting about this number is that when the singer is a beautiful woman, (insert clip of her as a normal woman) she is performed by Fran Brill, who rarely performed on The Muppet Show but was a major performer on Sesame Street. What's also interesting is that when the woman becomes a monster, (insert clip of her as a monster) she was performed by my father, Jim Henson, who rarely performed female voices. And now, here is Charles Aznavour on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian henson. This epsiode of The Muppet Show features harvey Korman. (insert clip from harvey's first act) In this show, harvey does a dangerous animal act with a full-body monster named Thog. Thog originated in a 1970 special that my father worked on called The Great santa Clause Switch. (insert clip from that special) In that special, Thog was joined by Thig. 9insert clip with Thig), but afterwards, Thig was never used again. Also in this episode, (insert corresponding clips as they are mentioned) Kermit and Fozzie perform a classic bit called "Good grief, the comedians a bear!", Robin sings "halfway Down the Stairs", The Electric Mayhem performs "Tenderly", and Kermit interviews Animal. Witness all that and more on The Muppet Show."

D

Dil

Yeah, there are really only three specific intros for Season One episodes.
Well, things are just what it's supposed to be.

D

Dil

Here's my 3 thoughts of why Brian Henson didn't specificiez all the episodes.

1. Maybe Brian didn't have time for that

2. Maybe Brian didn't like the guest stars on the genericized episodes

3. Maybe Brian didn't have the rights to do the specific intros for all TMS eps

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I thought "Tenderly" was in the Avery Schrieber ep.:embarrassed:
Yes, I realized my mistake about an hour after posting, but by then I was at work and couldn't acknowledge my mistake. Either shorten the line to exclude it altogether, or change the line to something to the effect of "...Also in this episode, Kermit and Fozzie perform a classic comedey routine, Robin performs halfway Down the Stairs, Dr. Teeth performs Love ya to Death, and Kermit interviews Animal."

D

Dil

The generic intros has nothing to do about the genericized episodes. So we could use some mock-specific introductions.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dil said:
The generic intros has nothing to do about the genericized episodes. So we could use some mock-specific introductions.
I've read the introduction about the minor characters, and think it's too short and could have included more characters. Maybe there could have been more introductions involving minor muppets (hey, I promoted myself!).

Here is some thinking I've had:

minor character introductons:

#2: Mahna Mahna & The Snowths, Uncle Deadley, and The Mutations.
#3: Droop, Lips, and Fletcherbird.
#4: Doglion, The Frackles, and Louis Kazagger.
#5: Crazy Harry, Mildred, and The Four Fazoobs.
#6: Vendaface, The Houses, and Thog.
#7: Gladys, The Gogalala Jubilee Jugband, and J.P. Grosse.
#8: Mickey Moose, Gaffer, and Angus McGonacle.