Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

Beauregard

Reaction score
MORE AT LOOOOONG LAST!

Sam the American Eagle felt himself sinking. His bald head smacked against the side of the cave, and he had to breathe. Closing his eyes tightly he took a deep breath. Better to die quickly.

Air filled his lungs, and he opened his eyes. In the moment between realising he wasn’t dead, and hitting the floor of the black room, Sam felt somewhat like relieved.

Kermit appeared in the shimmering arc of light. Dust beams surrounded him as he lay on the hard flooring. He didn’t know where he was, but he did know that he wasn’t in a cave flooded with water.

The next to appear was Rowlf. The big dog landed on his side, and rolled over, jumping up onto his feet. Beneath them were tiles, painted black. Beside them were back walls, and the light bulb that hung from a wire in the center of the ceiling was covered with black mesh.

Near them was a large mirror with undulated, and quivered like melted silver. Next to the mirror, was a foreboding control panel with lights and knobs and little twisty bits to twist. Holding tight to a lever was a blue whatever with a long curved nose.

“Where’s the pig?” Gonzo asked, as Kermit sat up. “And the bear? I can’t find their vital signs to lock onto.”

“Gonzo?” Kermit said unbelievingly. “What are you doing here, and, for that matter, where’s here?”

“Ah ha,” Gonzo said. “Maybe I should explain some things.”

Beauregard

Reaction score
A Little While Back
Gonzo was falling down the tunnel when the faces started to appear, then he was falling into a blackness that sucked him into unconsciousness. He awoke as the touch of something cold and wet pressing against his body.

It was thick, like the thickest darkest oil in the world, and cold like hard metal. He was being pulled, pressed, pushed, squeezed through it. His nose broke though the surface tension, and his face followed. He was coming through a mirror of undulating black metal. A hand, an arm, a body, a foot, and leg. He half fell, half stumbled out of the mirror, and stepped down onto a solid wooden floor, his foot pressed into it, then it shifted like sand and became solid once more.

A light flashed towards him, and Gonzo leapt out the way. He landed in a pile of empty sacks, and buried himself quickly, hiding beneath them. The light exploded against the black mirror, and disappeared.

Then Gonzo heard a woman’s voice. “I thought I heard something over here.” She moved towards the sacks, and rummaged a little. Gonzo felt her hand pass by his face, then stop still, reach back. Gonzo pulled away. She withdrew her hand again.

Gonzo poked his nose out, and sniffed. He didn’t smell any danger, so he peaked his whole head out. The woman had gone now, and the room was almost completely dark except a small light on a single panel on a complicated looking piece of machinery.

Gonzo walked across to it, and his eyes widened. On a large screen he watched a fuzzy movie, or what appeared to be one, of Miss Piggy, Kermit, Sam, Rowlf, and Fozzie falling into a cave. Then, suddenly, it occurred to him that this wasn’t a movie but what was happening. Were the Muppets being filmed?

Gonzo touched his hand to the screen, but could not feel it. He leant further forward towards the screen as Piggy started chopping at a Dozer-stick blockage. His knee touched a lever, and a clatter of broken Dozer-sticks appeared behind him on the floor in a shimmer of light.

Gonzo leapt back. “Woohaha!”

He tripped on the Dozer sticks, and crumpled on the floor. Carefully extracting himself, Gonzo peeked at the screen again. Miss Piggy was eating, no surprise, and the others were opening a door….

Gonzo took a better look at the machine. It was strangely shaped with angles where their should have been curves, and curves where there should have been angles. There was a lever. Gonzo touched it and crosshairs sparked to light on the screen.

Gonzo moved it back and forth. Somehow it was this lever that had sent dozer sticks here from there. He lined it up on Kermit, thought that was too dangerous, and moved them across to Fozzie.

He was about to push the little button on top of the lever, when a burst of water filled the cave, washing Fozzie, Kermit, Sam, Rowlf, and Piggy back.

Within moments he could see they were drowning. He had no choice but to save them even if it meant they would get killed…that was his reasoning.

He lined up crosshairs, hit the button, lined up more.

“And that’s how we got here?” Kermit asked.

“I figure,” Gonzo said.

Sam the Eagle frowned deeply at the screen. “There is no screen here,” he said, waving his feathery arms through where the glass should be.

“Exactly,” Gonzo said, “It is strange, no?”

“Yes,” Rowlf said. “But, more strange, where are Piggy and Fozzie?”

“Piggy?” Kermit said, “Isn’t she here?”

Gonzo looked at the ground, the black tiles reflecting in the darkness of his eyes. “I couldn’t find her,” he said. “I couldn’t save either of them.”

“I couldn’t save them,” Scooter told Miss Piggy.

“What? What do you mean?” They were gone. Rowlf, Sam…Kermit”

“Kermie… Tears welled in her eyes. “I have to go back<” she said fiercely.

“It’s no use,” Scooter insisted. “He isn’t there. We need to get out of here before we die…too.”

“My Kermit is not DEAD! I just know it, Fozzie, tell him we have to go back.” Piggy looked from one to the other of them through pale eyes, blurred with tears. “Please, Scooter.”

There was another voice then, not Scooter, not Fozzie. “No. There is something more important.”

Turning, Miss Piggy saw Beauregard.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah! Thanks Bo for the update in the story. But a question though.

Wasn't Beauregard hanging from the cliff with Pepe at his heels? So how is it he said his line to Piggy in the last installment?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beauregard actually fell into the sea on the last page, and you will see how he said the last line in the next installment.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!
MORE STORY! THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES BEAU!!!!!!!!!

And I love it. I love it. This is so awesome!
But of course now that you've answered a couple questions (what happened to gonzo, kermit, rowlf, and sam, is Beauregard ok) You have also raised new ones. So where are they? When will these two groups be reunited?
And there's the questions you still haven't answered from before. What happened to Robin? Who cut the wire?

I'm sorry I pester so much, it's really because I just love the story so much and I'm curious. I should be patient enough to stop bothering you for a while now. I think.
Keep it up!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Bo, lookin' forward to the next installment.

TogetherAgain, not Beauregard, but I can help with a few of your questions.
1 Still no answer as to who cut the wire, but the suspect in mind is a pinkish female who lives in the middle of the rainbow.
2 Gonzo, Kermit, Rowlf and Sam are all in Miss Nancy's control room in her mansion. At least, from what I gathered from the story so far.
3 Scooter, Fozzie and Piggy are still in Austrailia.
4 Robin, Skeeter, Beauregard's dad and grandfather are all in another part of Miss Nancy's mansion.
Don't know when the three groups will meet, but at least now there are two factions in Miss Nancy's stronghold and I'd expect them to meet up and explain to each other soon. At least, if that's what Bo decides to do with the story.

BTW: TogetherAgain, wanna join us as a new boarder at the dorms? Contact me if interested.

Beauregard

Reaction score
New Chapter: Not my best, but I guess it's better than nothing, no?

__

High above the world they sailed, diving and bobbing through the space clouds, and watching with a part of their brains the events below. Highly evolved beings, the Space Fish concentrated a small part of their minds on watching their friend Gonzo and his friends the Muppets, and another part of their minds watching over the many thousands of fish in the seas of the tiny planet known as earth.

Most of their minds, of course, were absorbed in the complexities of the question that had bothered them for years. The question, what was the best way to make tea? Some said Cold, sweet, sugary. Some said Hot, black, lemony. Yet others at the Space Fish meet-up had insisted that Milk-in-First, English tea was the only way to have it. One of their varied brethren had heard from a space captain in the future that the best was “Tea, Earl Grey, Hot,” But that made no sense. So, their minds stayed on the problem, while a part of them kept a sleepy eye on Earth and it’s problems.

It had been the Rainbow Trout’s that had first alerted them to the problem. There was an interstellar rip coming, and fast. Events had been started and not finished, and it was all coming apart at the seams.

Tea, almost black, with a little milk and thee sugars?

The problem was that rip was going to take out the Rainbow Trout first, as they were infinitely connected to the rainbows, rainbows themselves would go next, and finally the entire universe would implode.

Oh well.

Tea, lemon, no sugar? Tea with milk and sugar?

That was why they’d decided to intervene, when Beauregard fell under the sea, they had sent a swarm of Rainbow Trout to help him…it wasn’t near their usual habitat, but they did it for the sake of the universe.

The thrashing fish had totally surrounded him, then there was a flash of rainbow light and he had appeared beside the Cosmic Knowledge Fish. The fish had empowered him with a piece of knowledge, and returned him beside his friends. Then they had snatched him back to ask a quick question.

“How do you have your tea?”

“Weeeel, um, I prefer to drink the coffee

“What a splendid suggestion, quick, write it down before we forget.”

They sent him back to earth, and were left with only one question. Coffee with milk and sugar? Or black coffee?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... I liked this scene with the Cosmic Knowledge Fish.