Fan Fic - Rainbows Have Nothing to Hide

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter. Good humor here with the description of Sam snoring and also of Fozzie falling asleep in the hallway. I could see that! More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry MuppetNewsGirl... Just put in what I remembered from the first post. Like I said somewhere else, a few things to fix regarding the characters, but I feel it's too late. Finished the first four acts... Jetting off to read the rest.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter's Journal, another morning, near the kitchen

"Hey! Hey! Can I get some toast out here?" I started to the kitchen. Where was that prawn...

"EXCUSE ME!!!" Animal leapt from the balcony and landed in the middle of the table, causes plates of eggs, bowls of cereal, knifes, forks, spoons, and glasses of juice to shake and crack. Animal dove off the table, as Floyd appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Seen my beast anyon'?"

A chorus of vocies exploded, trying to explain that Animal was there, and that he'd gone, and that a rivlet of someone orange juice was running like a waterfall off the end of the table into Rizzo's mouth, and that Rowlf was struggling with some blue paper napkins, trying to get the packet open to wipe the spills as Bean cried over spilt milk.

Foom! The kitchen door snapped back off it's hinges and flattened everyone and thing in it's path as it rocked a moment, and fell flat onto the floor. I stared at the arms pokeing out the edges and decided not to bother identifying them. Stepping over feet, I looked into the kitchen. "Hey, guys?"

"Yue bong biush!" the Chef was screaming, or something not too dissimilar to that. He flapped a floppy hat at flames. Pepe creapt away from him, looking back over his shoulder, and bumping into my's chest.

"Toast?" I stated simply.

Pepe stared at me, blinked, and started ranmleing off in spanish.

"MeeMeeMee!"
"Bien no!"
"Ye fle pastryy flappy!"
"Buck, burg, buuurg!"

I clapped my hands to my ears and dashed out of the house.

See ya,
Scoot

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter's Journal, that cafe, morning

I paid in change for the coffee and toast. 4 dollars, and 56 cents exactly. I sat outside at a plastic table under an umbrella and bit into toast. I didn't know what I was going to do with my life. I had to get out of that boarding house, because they were driving me insane. I could feel a million spiders crawling around in the crevices of my brain, not literally, I'm no Gonzo or Count von Count.

I took off my glasses, and let the double vision settle over me, everything lifted and shoved slightly offkey. That was when the man sat opposite me. I reached for my glasses, he placed his hand over them. A blerey hand. "Hi," he said.

"Who..." I began.

"I am known by many names. Not all of them complimentary. What is your connection with Clay Roberttamencho?"

"I don't know what you..."

"Of course you don't. What is your connection with Clay."

I was searching my mind, but nothing came up. Dredgeing like those nets that scoot along the sea bed snatching out shimps and Pepe's. "Who is he..."

"She. Why does she know you."

"I don't..."

Slap.

He slapped me across my face, a hard stinging blow. And stood up, took his leave. I half fell off my chair, griping the table, the coffe cup clatering and coffee fanning out over the white plastic. I sat up, scrabbeling for my glasses. By the time I found them, he was long gone.

I wrote this. Who was he?

Ever goofy...well...no, confused,
Scooter

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... At least we have a name now... Though a name for what? The entry about breakfast at the Boarding House was rully Muppety... And all the mayhem Animal caused at the breakfast table... Heh, post more when you can please.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter's Journal, bookshop, daytime

It's a great place to sit and think sourounded by books and paper and the silence that acompanies the turning of ancient leaves in a browned book fifty or sixty years old. The shop has a few chairs, nice blue ones with soft backs where you can sit and read, or just sit, drop your head into your hands and think without anyone bothering or notice you.

I would swear my face still stings from that slap. It's one thing getting palm to cheek for a reason from a woman, breaking up with a girl has never been easy for me. But this was different. A man I never met talking about a woman I never heard of.

Clay...

I stood up and found a girl who works in the shop. "Have you heard of Clay Roberttamencho?"

Blink. No. "How do you spell that? Is he an author?"

"She. I don't know. Maybe."

There was something frightening about it. Sure, I'd met frightening before.

There was one time, I was about thirteen, I think. When the "tall guys gang" decided it was my turn to be picked on. They laughed at my glasses, my then stutter, my dorkiness. Then, suddenly, one of them had grabbed me, and push me into a cloakroom, slamming the door. I heard a squeal of chairlegs over tiles, and a thud as it was shoved against the door. And I was locked there for six hours before someone found help.

I felt like that now. Locked.

I decided to leave, and headed back to the chair to find my notepad. I felt someone watching me, and swung round. Nothing. Onto a row of hooks and mugs with slogons like, "Yellow Read Blue Books" and "Quiet, I am trying to device an excuse."

I sat down and wrote this. And just as I was writing this line, I felt the hairs in the back of my neck rising against the collar of my green MuppetShow jacket. I turned, and a piece of paper fell off the back of my chair. I picked it up, read it. A letter. It's creepy.

I'll copy it over here when I get home.

Ever Weirded out,
Scoot

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Suspense at the library? Who'd've thought... Hope Scooter's not too traumatized... That little go-fer's been through enough already.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Loving this! I like how descriptive you are when describing Scooter's creeped out feelings. It's getting suspenseful! I like it!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
The Count said:
Suspense at the library? Who'd've thought... Hope Scooter's not too traumatized... That little go-fer's been through enough already.
I know...we really like to put the poor kid through his paces. I mean, Renee has him being terrorized and nearly murdered by the demon Eli, Beauregard's got him sitting alone and scared with some creepy letter, I've had him face off against a theater-wrecking psycho...we're so cruel. Forgive us, Scooter.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
ooooo...what's going to happen next? Can't wait..in sinc with Rene..more please!:smile: