Fan Fic - Rainbows Have Nothing to Hide

Beauregard

Reaction score
Letter:

Hi. I don't know your name, and you don't know mine. We have met before. I'm sorry, but it really does have to be confusing because if I explained myself, well, it could get messy. Again.

I noticed you, and I only sent you this letter because I know you must never see me. All I wanted to say was...even though we can't see each other. I still love you very much, whoever you are, whatever we used to mean to each other. I do, I love you very much.

Love,
Someone who cares...

Scooter's Journal, home, later

That was it. That was the letter I copied above. The writing was hard, like it were from a pen that scratched the paper as ink dripped. Every capital I was dotted with a miniscule little 'o'...and the w's slipped in a slant like they were once wet, or were plants that wern't watered, or whatever. The paper was simple enough, just paper. But one corner was ripped completly off, like a reciept for a theatre ticket taken by Pops. I keep half, you keep half.

I just noticed I drew a tiny circle above that 'I' in that sentence. Imitating her style subconciously. Why would I do that?

And I've gone off topic...what matters more to me is, who wrote it? And why did they write it? Was it this Clay person? Or just a person made of clay, not real...

Ever goofy,
Scoot

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Every goofy Scoot what? Very intereschting... But... Wanna know more about this mystery woman... Maybe another entry from the other journal please?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow...the letter...wow! I want to know more about this mysterious woman!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Me too!!! I'm really anxious to see how this turns out!! *clinging to her Scooter doll*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry Count, Changed it back to "Ever Goofy." As in, Go-fer...as in...his signiture line. Ish.

Anyway, another from her journal you say...let's see...

That Other Journal, Late, Under the stars

I visited the hospital today. Just the outside, I didn't dare go in. That would bring up way too many memories. I sort of hoped that someone would see me, like that red-haired nurse who used to sharpen the pencils for me. "I think I broke the nib, again, sorry..."

She never had any problem no matter how many times I stabbed at the paper instead of writing. She'd take it away, and return with it freashly sharpened, smelling of wood. I think there was an electronic pencil sharpener she used because the wood had weird lines on it.

I hoped she's see me today because she's recognise me, and it's been so long since someone has recognised me...well, she didn't. So I ended up standing by myself on the gravel in the carpark, looking up at the white building.

Maybe someone would have come around with a big book of my life, and flashed photos, proof, stuff like that. Maybe they had it all lined up for me if I stepped in the door. Maybe that's why I didn't go in.

Instead, I got back in my car and came back into the town, and bought wine and crackers and sat out here with my metal porch furniture and drank a glass of red wine. Ate a packet of dry crackers.

I might find my dream records, and go read them again later...

Tomorrow I have to find a client, or Mr R will start getting frustrated. So will I.

I think I'll have another glass.

Love,
Me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Bo... Rully interesting stuff you've got here... The big book of her life with photos and proof... Well... I'm looking forward to whatever comes next, or however it is you plan on carrying this one out.

Beauregard

Reaction score
That Other Journal, much later, much much later

I just had the most fabulouth idea. What if I were to bring him in, teach him. He'd never have to know it was me. He's hurting. He needth to let it go, find his meaning. Mr R would be furiouth of course, but frankly right now I don't care...and he wouldn't netheceraly have to know anyway...

I've had too much wine. I read too many of my dreamth. I'm confused. I gotta sleep.

Love and kisses and hugs,
Me.

--

Scooter's Journal, lateish, living room

I couldn't sleep, again, so I figured I'd come on down and watch tv a while. Channel flicking is fun. Not.

And I wasn't expecting it when the brown doggy seated himself beside me in a light peach bathrobe. "Can't sleep?" His voice is relaxing, laid back, and rumbling from somewhere deep inside his throat, and catching on something on it's way out bouncing back and becoming perfectly smooth yet rough when it arrives at you.

"Hi Rowlf."

He asked what was up. Trouble with women?

I laughed. As if! "No women at the minute Rowlf. You know that."

Then he said a truth. He said it was them, wasn't it. The Muppets were too loud, and big, and colorfull for me right now. I shrugged, and nodded. It happens to us all, he explained. "Longer in dog years of course..." That time where nothing makes sence. I nodded and shrugged.

I was still stareing at the tv as he spoke. Watching the specks of light moving into pictures. And Rowlf suggested I take a time out. Away from it all.

"Maybe you're right," I said."Some time out."

Maybe he is right. Time out.

Ever tired,
Scoot.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Loving this journal deal, Beau! Can't wait to see who the woman is though!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See... Now that's why Rowlf is one of the few dogs I actually like. His wisdom sometimes helps... Like an old friend who's been through it all before.
And I'm awaiting more whenever you can Bo... Good stuff here.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Love it! I love that Rowlf is so wise and that he wants to help his good friend and it was so nice! And I'm still so curious about this woman! Keep it coming Beau!