FanFic: A Grand Adventure In Life!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan? Ryan's back?!? Nah... Couldn't be... Could it?

If it is... Then, if you rully wanna show your support of Renee's works... Suggest you contact her with your name and shipping info to sign up for the list of those of us who are getting print/audio versions. Check out the Challenge and Contribution thread in Friends & Family for more info.

Just who was that guy with Ryan's voice just now? Eh, must've been an invisible man.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yes, tis I, Ryan. Well sorta...It's me on my grandparent's computer. Thus meaning, my computer is not up to speed yet...So I'm still not back posting in full force. But, as soon as it's fixed I'll be back I promise!!

And about Renee's book...Hmm, I'll look into it. :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Two

The DeLeoran speed it's way across the street, and he ended up; strangely enough in Hill Valley, where they had left before. He turned off the car, and sat there, it was the middle of the night when he set it to come back. His mind was reeling now.

"This....that town was....Hill Valley!? How could that happen? How...." He stammered, stepping out of the car, and looking around. He was now near the Twin Pines Mall. It looked the same to him, but he noticed something odd, it wasn't a bad thing, but suddenly some men came out from a house that was down the street. They were thanking somebody quite loudly that was still inside the house. Marty leapt back into the car, and drove a little closer to the house, and he watched them.

--------------

"Thanks again, Mrs. Vines! That was a great supper!!!" One of the men said, as they hung around the porch. Two of them were sitting on the railings, while the other two were sitting on the porch swing.

"Oh it wasn't any trouble, guys! If it wasn't for my pumpkin here, you wouldn't have had a place to stay last night!" The lady, who was quite large and sweet smiled at a young girl who was sitting on the porch steps, drawing on a sketchpad. She was drawing one of the men's faces, doing a portrait.

"Can't they stay another day, Mom? They've already told me they don't have a place to stay still!" The young girl pleaded, as she stood up to protest. "Plus they've got friends coming over tommorrow! They need a decent place where they can talk about...business right?"

The mother comtemplated it for a moment, then she shook her head. "Not unless they still need a place, they cannot stay just on your wishes, Sara."

Sara sighed, and walked back over to the two men on the railings, she softly jabbed the younger looking one with her elbow. "Come on, Richard!! Tell her you guys need to stay another day! I really want to meet your friends!"

Richard smirked, and then poked his friend, Dave in the side. "Let's stay another day, Dave. I really like Brenda's cooking too."

Dave smiled, and he nodded. "Hey Jim! Think Kermit would mind meeting here instead of that hotel conference room?"

"I don't think he'd mind it at all. Plus that little pond out back makes for some nice comforting atmosphere. What do you think Frank? Stay here a couple more days?"

Frank frowned softly, and Sara was giving him this huge 'Please don't say NO!' look. Then he smiled. "Yeah, that'd be fine. Mrs. Vines, you'd have to put up with Miss Piggy whining all day though. She was expecting a 4-star hotel, not...um.....your house."

Brenda smirked and pulled herself up to her full height, a wooden spoon still in her hand from supper eariler. "If she makes a fuss, she'll be my christmas ham this year." She smiled a glint in her eyes.

Sara laughed a little bit, and she saw a large car pull up into the driveway. It was her father's truck, and he was pulling a studebaker behind him. He got out of the truck, and he walked to the car he was pulling. He made a face, then unhooked the pin holding them together.

"You'd better not be lying bear." Her father made a face at Fozzie, who was trembling slightly. Two muppets leaped out from the trucks bed, while Kermit and Fozzie both stepped out from the studebaker. Rowlf stepped out from the cab of it.

"Oh...oh sure sir, we promise! We're not lying! Honest!!" Fozzie was smiling and nodding his head. Sara's father was a mean sounding man, and he acted like he would hurt you at any moment, if you were a stranger to him.

Sara watched them for a moment, she noticed Richard and Jim were watching really intently.

"I hope he dosn't hurt 'em..." Richard mumbled to himself. He didn't really want to move, because he saw the gun holster at her Father's waist. Sara leapt off of the porch.

"DADDY!! Don't you hurt them!!" She stood between them and her father. "They're my friends, you shouldn't hurt them!"

Her father stepped back a little bit, then he laughed. It was almost as if the lights were turned on, in a room that was once scary feeling; and it wasn't scary anymore. "Hurt them? I just worried who...."

His gaze travelled over to Gonzo, and he frowned for a moment. "...or what they were! I don't normally pick up hitchhikers, but that thing threw himself in front of the truck!"

He then jabbed his finger over at Scooter. "And this guy here, was showing me all kinds of identifcation, and everything danged thing you could think of, sweetie-pie. I finally just tol'em to shut up, and I'll take to were they had to go. Then, that little man shoved this address at me. And it's MY HOUSE!"

"Well.....that's cause I told these men, who I met at school today, they could come and meet at our house." Sara smiled, and looked back at them smiling.

Brenda stepped off from the porch, and she huffed softly. "Jim! Just don't bother with 'em and they'll be gone by dinner tommorrow, okay? You just pulled graveyard shift at the office, so you're dead-tired anyways."

She turned to the muppets and then to the men. "Now, all of you. No loud music, if you turn lights on, make sure it's not hall lights or big lights, we'll show you which is which. You can raid the fridge, just don't clean me out. Be as quiet as you can, which amends that first law of no loud music. CLEAR?"

Everyone responded with a resounding 'YES MAM' and they all filed inside the house. Marty watched all of this, and he wondered...'If that was Sara, when she was twenty years old...how come she dosn't remember meeting Scooter that first time?'

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Three

Marty walked up towards the house, and he was creeping along the porch, the last person to walk inside was Jim, Sara's father, and Scooter. They were talking a little bit about what they do, and how they came to know these men.

"Well, we were starting to put on a show ya see? My uncle owns that old run-down theater at the end of Hunt street. We're fixing it up!" Scooter replied to James, as he smirked.

"I see. Now, this may be jumping the gun here. But...you're a young man, you may be no human being, but you look close enough to it for me. You take care around my daughter. From what I've heard from her, she seems to know you." He took out his gun, then he unhooked his belt holster, and set them both on the porch.

"Uh, she probably just recoginizes me from the show. I don't think I've ever met her before." Scooter stammered a bit, seeing Jame's gun. "....I might regret asking this: But is that gun loaded?"

"I don't believe so." He flipped the gun open, it was an old western six-style shooter. "It's got a couple of bullets in it. I work as a security guard, down at the local chemical plant. Got way too many whacko's trying to steal stuff. I mean, I almost caught those terrorists who stole all that plutonuim!"

"Almost?" He asked.

Marty was right below the porch now, tight against the bushes, listening to them. His eyes got a bit larger. 'Perhaps this is a bit more important then I thought!'

"Yeah...well. They got away before we could catch them. I almost got fired that day. We're still wondering if they'll ever make some nuclear bomb out of it, but well....You're evading the topic boy!" He frowned at Scooter, glaring at him.

"Ah, sorry! What was the topic!" He shrunk back a little bit, hearing James yell like that.

"Point of it all is: If you ever decide to be with my daughter, you treat her right, and you treat her with respect! I say this to every young potential man that gets near her, so this isn't something just special for you. Treat her good, or I will make sure you treat her good, alright?" He smiled at Scooter, then he stood up for a moment.

Marty's face scrunched up. The flowers were shaking down pollen on his face. He tried his hardest to hold it in, then he sneezed loudly.

James immediately had his gun in his hand, and had it pointed towards the yard. "Whoever is out there, show your sorry hide, or I will shoot in your general direction until you COME OUT!"

Marty stood up, both hands in the air. "Don't shoot! Please, don't shoot!!"

"...Who in the world are you?" James asked, putting away his gun quickly, seeing it was just some stupid teenager. "Now, however you got here, get into it, or onto it, and get out of here now!"

Marty nodded quickly, running back towards the car. "Yes sir! Yes sir!!!"

He started the car up, and sped as fast as he could back home. He was so terrifed of James and that threatening of shooting him, that he forgot one, quite vital thing:

The DeLeoran.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... How could he have forgotten the DeLorean if he got into his car, the DeLorean itself, and drove away from your family's home in Hill Valley?

BTW: Great couple of chapters showing us your home life before the time changeover... And the Muppeteers and fellow Muppets...
Gonzo throwing himself in front of your father's truck, reference to TGMC?

Lots of good stuff... Hope for more soon.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Whoa! Marty, going back, and wow, this is amazing! This is so suspensful and I just can't wait for more!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
The story is crazy with a capital C, and funny, too. I had a hunch that Sara would actually end up pregnant, whether or not the pills had anything to do with it.
Ah, well, it's about time that Scooter had some little gofers of his own, you know, to follow in his footsteps.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Four

As he pulled into his driveway, he sat in the car for a few moments, sighing.

"That man was absolutely crazy! Pointing a loaded gun at me...and....." Marty shook his head, then he walked inside his house, not giving a second thought to the car in his driveway now.

He closed the door to his house, and went to his bedroom, to go to sleep for the night.

-----------------

They had gotten through at the doctor's offices, and had found some stuff at the stores. But except for a few new pieces of clothing for Sara, and some baby clothes, they decided against getting baby furniture just yet.

"We could probably just reuse Kevin's old stuff, couldn't we? Save us some money. Goodness knows we need it with the theatre and all." Sara replied, as the bus finally pulled up into the driveway of the boarding house.

The first one off of the bus was Doc Brown, he stared at the spot where the DeLeoran was supposed to be. His eyes went wild, as he ran across the yard, to the backyard, looking for it.

"GREAT SCOTT!!! WHERE'S THE TIME MACHINE!?!?" He was yelling, to no one in particular, then he ran into the house, almost knocking down Sadie in the process.

"I...I'm sorry. Have you seen the....that gray car, Ms. Grosse!?" He asked her, his hands gently on her shoulders. He looked aboslutely crazed now. He was more worried the car had gotten into someone else's hands for the wrong thing.

"No, Emmett. I've not seen a thing today. Go and ask Kermit, he might know though." She told him, as she walked around him to go and talk to her son and daughter about their day.

"T-Thanks!" He replied, as he walked into the house, he saw Kermit standing in the hallway, reading over a letter of some sorts. "Kermit! Kermit...I need to speak to you!!"

Kermit turned to him, and took his glasses off, frowning. "So do I, Emmett."

--------------

"A TIME MACHINE?!?!" Kermit yelled at Doc Brown, who was fiddling with a pen now, frowning at the letter that Marty had left him. "I thought you were joking...but apperently it's real! I found this....Marty McFly, and he works at some computer company in Hill Valley, California! He's not the same young kid who was in here eariler today. And what is this DeLeoran I'm reading here...what is it!?"

"That was the type of car that I used for the time machine, Kermit. It had an all stainless steel body, so it was able to withstand the force of time travel. The car heats up incredibly as your going into the stream, and it becomes frigid cold as you're passing out from it. I'd like to go to the theatre, and get the car then. Because the way Marty described it, it should be still behind the Muppet Theatre." He nodded to himself, while speaking.

He was very glad that Marty had remembered to leave him the DeLeoran. He would stay a bit longer, of course. But he would still use that car for normal driving. It had an engine and it got him around, why not use it?

-----------------

Sara was still outside, picking up some of the clothes they had bought, and Scooter slipped on a new jacket he had gotten that day. The two of them were carrying the clothes into the house, up the steps; when Bunsen knocked into them both.

"Oh...oh dearie me, I'm sorry! Are you two alright?" He set down this large box, and he extended his hand to both Sara and Scooter, and he helped them up from the ground.

"Yeah, Bunsen we're fine. Just watch out, please." Scooter stood up, and picked up the clothes from the porch. Him and Sara continued walking inside, while Doc Brown was walking outside just then.

"Bunsen? Do you think you can help me with something?" He asked, as he was walking down the stairs, following after Bunsen.

"Now what would that be?"

"I just need someone to take me to the theatre, but I'm not sure if Fozzie would be the best choice to drive me there."

"Oh certainly!" He replied, smiling.

The two of them drove off, and they got to the theatre in a few minutes. Emmett went immediately to the back parking lot of the theatre. He had figured it would be in some type of a garage, or under a tarp at the least. There was nothing back there, save for an old ford car, that Gonzo had sometimes used in his acts. It was beat up, and partially mangled; and it probably didn't even run anymore.

His yell could be heard all the way back to the boarding house.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
This is cool, Renee.:smile: I love your take on a Muppets/BTTF crossover. I think it really works well with your "Sadie" characters involved.

When I first started reading, I thought for sure that this was going to be just a Sesame Street/BTTF crossover, because I could actually see it all taking place on S.S. It would've been awesome if you had Doc and Marty end up in 1980s Sesame Street, since that's the decade that the "Fraggle Street" story I'm writing takes place in.

I like the part where Doc's "repairing" his broken foot, using that special device he brought from the future. That was a nice touch!:wink: And I also enjoyed the interaction between Bunsen, Beaker, and Doc (it's nice to see some of the most brilliant characters in Hollywood come together).

I'll admit that I was a little lost at the end of Chapter Twenty-Three when I read that Marty had driven away in a car that was supposedly the DeLorean but it wasn't. It took the next chapter for me to realize that Marty had taken another car by mistake, which is actually a nice turning point in the story, seeing as how Doc has no idea where his time machine is, now that it's not parked in the place that Marty said it would be in the letter.

You've got the BTTF characters down nicely, Renee. I really hope this isn't the only story that we'll see Doc, Marty, or any other BTTF character making an appearance in.:smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well...actually I'll reveal something here. Marty is actually driving around in the DeLeoran. He was just going to leave it behind the Muppet Theatre, and walk/hitchhike home. Because in the future, taking a page from BTTF III, it would be somewhere safe, where in the future, Doc could find it and use it.

So that car would supposedly sit untouched for 20 years, watched over by Deadly. But because James (Sara's Father) had actually pulled that gun on him, he freaked and ended up driving back to his house in the DeLeoran!! And he never left it at the theatre.

Hope that helps clear up some stuff.

And Sesame Street would have probably been good too, but I'm not all that familiar with SS characters. With the altercation in the first chapter, I had been trolling around the internet, for some funny flash, and I found one called "Big Black Guy Named Ben" There is some cussing but trust me, that is really funny.

And I got to thinking. I've seen people just plain flip out if you even look at their kid the wrong way. So with Big Bird getting afraid of the car, Gordon just flipped out, while mantaining his cool. Because he was trying to protect him, that and I thought it was halarious when it played out in my mind.