FanFic: A Grand Adventure In Life!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter! I wonder what will happen when Doc gets to the theatre and discovers what has happened to the Delorean. Anyway, more great stuff, I can't wait to read more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... That first chapter, looking back on it, was funny. Just because it was simply something you wouldn't expect on SS... Gordon almost flipping out like that to protect Susan and Big Bird...

Oh and Beth... Doc Brown's already found out the DeLorean's not at the theater... All they found was some sort of green Ford Gonzo used for his acts. Just trying to help.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Five

"Where is the DeLoran!!" Doc shouted, while frantically searching around the parking lot. He saw nothing there. And if he couldn't find it, he wasn't sure where it could be now.

"Perhaps it rolled off of the hill?" Bunsen remarked, as he was wandering around looking for it as well. Beaker stayed in the car, in the driver's seat.

Deadly heard the commotion outside, and he leapt down from the theatres' roof, and landed on the ground. He kept close to the theatre, and he motioned for Doc to come over to him.

"Yes, Uncle Deadly! Marty had said he would contact you, to make sure the DeLeoran was alright! Where is it?" He said quite quickly.

"What is a 'Deleoran'? Is that a car?" He replied, stepping inside the back door, frowning.

"Yes, yes, it is a car. Have you seen it? It's a stainless steel car, with lots of mechanics on it." He was getting a bit desperate now, he was worried that someone had gotten ahold of the car and had put it to bad uses.

"I have seen no such car, Emmett. But you should find it eventually." He then bid them a frightful night, and took his leave. Doc wasn't sure what to do then.

Although he had planned to stay longer, he didn't intend to stay there permentatly...

-----------------

"Oh, Sara! I don't think that'll work well in here....we should move this down to the living room, and then'll you have some room in here.." Sadie was speaking with Sara in their room, while the two of them were trying to figure out just what to move so the crib would fit in there.

"It's fine Mom. We'll just move our dresser here, and shift the bed some to over here." Sara then leaned down a little bit, and using her knees she started to push the bed back against the wall.

"Sara! Don't you do that, I'll do that!" She moved herself between Sara and the bed and started moving it now.

"Mom, be careful! Your back will go out again like last time! I'm not helpless I can do this myself!!" Sara was gently shoving Sadie aside, as she started to help her push the heavy bed back somemore. Sadie saw Scooter walking across the hall, holding a small stack of papers.

"Sweetie!! Scooter, dear!!" Sadie called out, smiling.

He walked inside the room, and he saw it was in disarray, all the furniture was moved about, with only the two of them in there. "What are you two doing? Mom, Sara...why are you two moving furniture yourselves. Why didn't you get Beauregard to help you move it?"

Sadie made a bit of a face, and pushed her white hair out of her face. "That dosn't matter right now, dear. Could you go and get us the toolkit, we need some phillips and flat head screwdrivers. We've got some stuff to put up on the walls now."

He shook his head, frowning. "Sure Mom. And Sara, Mom...please don't move anymore furniture by yourselves. You could hurt yourselves, that stuff is really heavy! Beau will come up here to help you, and he'll bring the toolkit. Sara, I'm going down to the theatre with Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo. If anything happens, just call me on the cell."

"Okay worrywart. Worry about me too much, and the show's gonna fall through." She smirked, watching him for a moment.

Scooter smiled, and he went back down the stairs, flipping through the stack of papers in his hands, it was the weeks layout for practices and skits. He stopped and rapped on the door to Muppet Labs.

"Dr. Honeydew? We need you to come down to the theatre as soon as possible, we're going to do a Muppet Labs skit. Bring something that won't blow up this time, if you can?" He heard no response, so he opened the door, and peered down the stairwell.

"Dr. Honeydew? Beaker? Is anyone down here?" His eyes adjusted to the slight darkness and he saw something moving in the shadows. He wondered if it was one of Bunsens experiments, but then he heard nothing.

Something was breathing in that room, but he never saw who or what it was.

He was about to leave the room, but then he saw a beaker fall to the ground, and shatter. He walked closer to that spot.

"Who's there? Show yourself! This is private property, and...and you could be arrested you know..." He said quite loudly.

Something tapped his shoulder, and he spun around only to be met with a fist in his face.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ack! Suspense! A fist in the face...wow, I wonder who it is! Great stuff. And Ed, you're right, I missed the last line in the last chapter somehow, but I caught it now. Anyway, I'm enjoying this story so much Sara! Keep it coming! :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Six

Scooter woke up, in the basement, with Sara beside him. He felt his glasses were off, and an ice pack was on his cheek. He shook his head softly, and groaned.

"Oh...what hit me??" He asked, and Sara shook her head; as if to say 'I don't know.'. "Never mind...I..."

"You need to rest. It's probably not a what, but a who. Someone clocked you good sugar. You've got a hellvua bruise now on your face." Sara replied, as she helped him sit up. His head was swimming, because when he was punched, he hit the edge of the table and blacked out from it.

"Someone also stole the schematics for the time machine." Doc said quite sullenly. "They could easily learn how to build one now..."

"Emmett. Point blank here is that someone could have very well also stolen the car as well. It isn't where Marty said it would be, so it may be even worse then just those schematics." Sara snapped at him, while holding the ice pack to Scooter's face. He reached up and pulled it away for a moment.

"Uh..hon...honey, quit pushing that so hard." He breathed deeply for a moment, then he looked around the room. "We should look for any clues. Whoever it was, it was probably some kid."

"Why would you say that?" Emmett asked. Scooter reached down and held something out in his hand. It was a slim necklace, with a couple of dogtags on it. It looked like it was military issued perhaps.

"I grabbed this from around the person's neck before I fell. They were dangling right in front of him, he was moving fast when he hit me. Came at me like a ton of bricks. So I think he was trained. Have you ever had the military after you Emmett?" Scooter looked over at Doc, who didn't really want to talk anymore about it. He just wanted to find the DeLeoran and get back to his time. Or at least find it now, and destroy it.

"Um....uh....yes. I have had the military after me. It was a while back though, I had aquired some stolen plutonium from some terrorists, they had wanted me to create a deadly nuclear weapon, I ended up using it for the time machine, until I had found some better technology in the future. Then I didn't have to use it anymore." He really didn't like telling them this, but he wasn't sure what was real or not real anymore. So, to heck with it, he thought.

Sara suddenly glared at him. "You're the one who nearly caused my Father to lose his job!!"

"What? What are speaking of, Sara?" Doc blurted out, looking at her strangely now.

Scooter sighed softly, and he patted Sara's thigh, looking at her. "Not now, sweetheart. That's something very old, it dosn't need to be brought up just now..."

"....Alright, I guess. Is there anything we can do, Emmett? To help you?" Sara asked, still seated on the floor with Scooter beside her. Scooter had put the ice pack back on his face, it was still hurting really badly. When that guy punched him, he had thick rings on his fingers, so it deeply bruised him.

Beaker handed Bunsen some blue papers, then he held them out in his hands. "Ah, thank you Beakie! No need to worry, Dr. Brown! We have the schematics right here!!"

He then proceeded to spread them out on the table, and he held them down with some paperweights, smiling. Emmett poured over them, examining it tightly.

"Why...it is the plans...how did you get this? If that guy...had stolen them?"

Bunsen smirked a little bit. "Oh he got some plans alright, but not for the time machine. It's for our latest invention! Muppet Labs' All-Purpose Gorilla Attraction Machine! I just labeled it "Time Machine" and he fell for it! I had a feeling someone would try to come in and steal it. So we always have these dummy plans laying out on the table, incase it happens!"

Emmett laughed goodheartily, and he took the plans smiling. "Well...I guess I'll just have to restart again..."

"That won't be nesscary, Dr. Brown! We've modifed the Electric Mayhems Bus to be a time machine! It can alter your perception of time and space with just the flip of a switch! Just like the DeLeoran did." Bunsen was quite proud of himself.

"I thought we already had that in the bus, man..." Zoot spoke up, sounding as tired as usual.

"Naw man, that's for just our day trips! Now this'll really take you back somewhere!!" Floyd said, laughing. Dr. Teeth agreed with him, smirking.

"Well then, let's go ahead and do whatever we're having to do!" Sara replied getting a little impatient.

"Right then, let's go everyone!!" Bunsen announced, and without another word, they all went outside, to get onto the Mayhems' bus. It was just Scooter and Sara in the basement.

"Sara...I don't really want you to come. What if you get hurt?" Scooter said to Sara, as they slowly climbed the stairs. They were so slow because Scooter was still a little dizzy from the fall, and because Sara simply wasn't that steady on her feet still.

She raised an eyebrow, as she caught Scooter before he tumbled back down the stairs. "Scooter. I don't think you should go. You can barely walk just yet. You're still way too dizzy. Just stay here with me, okay?"

Beaker was standing at the top of the stairs, and he crossed his arms a little. "Meep mee moo!"

Sara shook her head a little. "We're not going, Beaker. Just go ahead without us."

"Mee mee meep mo, me meely meep mo meep!" He replied back, shaking his head a little.

"What did he say?" Scooter looked at Sara, who was frowning.

"Beaker, we can't go. I'm pregnant, I don't know what the world time travel would do to me and the baby, and Scooter's so dizzy from the punch and fall, he still can't walk straight just yet. So tell Emmett, we're not going!" She pushed past Beaker, who sighed and walked back outside.

---------------

"I can't believe we came, Sara."

"I'm going to be sick, with all this bumping and shaking..."

"How do you think I feel? I can't see a darned thing, and my head feels like it's going to be split in half!"

"Well, I have to use the bathroom, and I'm not about to go in the WOODS!"

Everyone turned when she yelled that out, she laughed softly, feeling a bit weird now. They kept driving through the streets of Hill Valley, until they finally got to Doc's house. Sara was the first one out.

"Doc! Where's the bathroom!?!?!" She asked quickly.

"Behind the stereo system." He replied, handing her the keys. Although no one said it, their thought was pretty much the same. They had never seen a pregnant woman run so fast in her life before.

Bunsen turned to Emmett, smiling. "That wasn't that bad of a trip was it?"

"It was perfect, Dr. Honeydew!!! Instantous as was supposed to be!" He was quite proud of what Bunsen had done to retrofit the bus with the same mechinisms as he had done the DeLeoran. "You even was able to reconfigure the spatial index, so the entire amount of personages would fit though, no problem!"

Scooter looked over at them, then he walked inside the house shaking his head. He looked at his watch, then back at Doc. "Hey, what's the date today?"

"It's January the 7th, 1985, why?"

Scooter frowned a little bit. "It's because we're coming over here, Emmett. What day did you come from this past?"

Emmett's eyes went wide. "Oh no. I'm nearly a week into the future now....and you say, you're coming over? What do you mean??"

"I mean, all of us muppets, and some good friends of ours are coming over to meet with you! We need to find a place to stay, so we don't encounter our younger selves!!"

"Just stay in the garage, that should work. I can get everyone...um...you all to go out to eat somewhere, there we can talk business I suppose?"

"Yeah, I think it was business Kermit. Wasn't it?" He stratched his head, trying to remember. As he got a little older, passing memories like that were a little hard to remember.

"Yeah, it was business. I won't tell you Dr. Brown, but isn't anything bad at all. I think we just needed some techinal help with some things."

Emmett nodded, and then everyone piled into the garage. He got into the mayhem bus, and drove it around the back of the garage, and he covered it up with a huge tarp, trying to keep it somewhat hidden. If they saw two buses, that would be horrendous.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Wow, Renee, this... just... I mean...

One thing, I absolutely HAVE to comment on. I mean, the whole chapter's great, but this...

ReneeLouvier said:
"That won't be nesscary, Dr. Brown! We've modifed the Electric Mayhems Bus to be a time machine! It can alter your perception of time and space with just the flip of a switch! Just like the DeLeoran did." Bunsen was quite proud of himself.

"I thought we already had that in the bus, man..." Zoot spoke up, sounding as tired as usual.
I love it! It's hilarious! It's just... Oh man I love it!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
More good stuff! I love how Scooter doesn't want them to encounter their younger selves! It's funny and confusing, but not confusing (which is confusing enough isn't it?) and I love it! Keep it coming!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Highlights, and mind you I'm talking about the two chapters at once here...

Uncle Deadly's cameo.
The fight with Scooter in the basement.
BTW: Just what was it that spilled onto the Labs' floor?
The whole scene where Bunsen retrofitted the EM bus as a new time machine.
The connection between the BTTF movies' storyline, at least the first one, and your fanfictional lives.
The fact that the loop of time's maintaining its continuity...
And the fact Scooter and Sara ended up going after all...

More please, ASAP.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
Highlights, and mind you I'm talking about the two chapters at once here...

Uncle Deadly's cameo.
Yes, I just really liked that part anyways, he might also get a larger part soon.
The fight with Scooter in the basement.
I love suspense myself, I felt I had to introduce some action into it. It just felt way to slow lately.
BTW: Just what was it that spilled onto the Labs' floor?
Nothing spilled, just an empty beaker fell onto the floor. Something (the thing that was trying to steal something) knocked it over.
The whole scene where Bunsen retrofitted the EM bus as a new time machine.
Oh yeah! I just thought, that's a groovy bus, why not make it time traveling? Plus he needed something to use to get the DeLeoran himself. I could just see Beaker and Bunsen tinkering on it for the entire two weeks that Doc was there!
The connection between the BTTF movies' storyline, at least the first one, and your fanfictional lives.
The fact that the loop of time's maintaining its continuity...
That's a little hard for me to do. Thinking too much about time travel and it's ramifcations, and what could happen, it's a bit hard for me to approach. So I'm taking the classic cartoon/sitcom/basic movie approach. Not the BTTF scientifical approach. It may look like BTTF, but to me at least, it isn't. It's more simplified, and I can follow it easier.
And the fact Scooter and Sara ended up going after all...
I could just SEE them both on the bus. Scooter can't see a darn thing, Sara's about half sick from the time travel. I always invisioned it, as although it's instant, you feel like you're being pulled inside out for a full second, before you reach your destination. And although the baby isn't hurt, Sara's about to get very sick because of the travel.

More please, ASAP.
You will get your wish, dear Ed!