FanFic: A Grand Adventure In Life!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
thank you. >_O It's getting so mixed up lately. XD And I had orginally was going to name Fozzie's son "Kevin" but I thought it sounded better for Cliff and SKeet's little boy, so I named him "Kevin" and named Foz's son "Frank" But I did that in the middle of typing that last chapter. XD So I had to go back and correct it, but I guess I didn't noticed that part. :big_grin: Thanks.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter! I'm really enjoying this story! It's neat to see all the second generation Muppets. It would be interesting to actually see that played out sometime. But anyway, very nice, heartwarming stuff going on. Can't wait for more!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Fifteen

[Warning: This story get's really out there weird in the latter part.]

Skeeter picked up Kevin out of Scooter's arms and sat down on the couch, while her brother sat down beside him. He sighed softly, and tickled Kevin's tummy, his mind away deep in thought.

"Scooter? You okay?" Skeeter asked, watching her brother. He didn't seem to be there at the moment, she had thought. "You look like something really bad happened today.."

"She hates it there." He stared at the TV, which had some kind of football on now. Clifford and Beauregard were fussing over who would win it.

"It's prison, Scooter. Of course she'd hate it. And we've tried everything to get her out, but they won't give her parole and you know it."

"At least they give us more time then usual. She wants to get out of there so badly..." He let his thoughts trail off, as he decided he'd just watch football silently. Try to quit thinking like that, it always made him depressed lately.

"Oh hey, Scoot! I finally got that darn light rig fixed. It had a few loose bolts in it." Clifford told Scooter, smiling. He walked over and gently picked up little Kevin in his arms. "Hey there, little man! Did ya like looking at those stars out there?"

He bounced Kevin around, while walking towards the kitchen. Kevin clinged to his Dad's dreads and hugged him around the neck, while babbling away happily. He didn't speak much still, but he was happy nonetheless.

"Starry starry!" He babbled, while pointing up to the ceiling.

"Yeah the stars are up there, Kev. Anything else up there?" He asked, looking at his son, from the side.

"Yeah." He said, giggling. "Yeah....mo' up dere!"

"Well, what else is up there? Tell me, I'd like to know." He gave him a little kiss, while watching him. Kevin was playing with one of the buttons on his shirt. He turned him around so he could Skeeter. "Tell Momma what else is up there, she'd like to know too."

"Uhhh....Gonzee! An...da SOON!!!" He yelled happily, giggling again. "Da soon....an Gonzee an Robbo up dere!"

Skeeter laughed softly, smiling. She shook her head, and then checked her watch. "Come on, Kevin. Time for bed. It's way past your bedtime, little man."

"Noooo...no beddie....no beddie....play wit Unca Scoot! Play wit Unca Scooot!" He protested, and scrambled to get out of Cliffords arms. Clifford set him on the floor, and he ran over to Scooter, and clung onto his pants leg, trying to climb up onto the couch.

Scooter picked him, and smiling. "Okay, we'll play, then I'll read you a story, then...it's bedtime."

"Yeah yeah! Play...den stowy....den beddie!" He exclaimed, holding onto Scooter's jacket. Scooter laughed, then walked up the stairs, and he picked a book out from the bookshelf, and Jane was watching from her bedroom.

"STORY TIME GUYS!!!" She yelled, hopping out from her and her brother's bedroom. Both of them followed Scooter into Kevin's bedroom, awaiting storytime. They always loved being read too. And they all thought Scooter was the best storyteller in the entire house.

----------------

Doc Brown walked into the house, looking a little weary. Although he was outside watching the stars with the children and Marty; eariler that day he was trying to figure out just how to get this company to stop trying to destroy the muppet's theatre. And also save their lives as well. He had seen how day to day life was around there, and he saw just how close to each other they were, and how important everything meant to them.

Kermit was sitting at the kitchen table, wearing a pair of reading glasses, while going over the month's budget. He was shaking his head, he wasn't liking what he was seeing. He flipped some more papers over, and signed a few more things. It just wasn't good, at all.

"I can't believe this." He said to himself, then he heard the door closing, and looked up. "Oh, Emmett. Where were you all day today?"

"I was out trying to speak to some attorneys, and land purveors. I also stumbled into a meeting with some of the companys land seekers. They are ready to pounce on that land, Kermit. It's a sad sight seeing people who just want to...destroy what's been made and held dear to so many in such little time." He sat down beside Kermit, and glanced at what he was looking over. "What are these, if I may ask?"

"Just some legalitys we're having to go over. And they've already issued a 2 week notice to clear out of the theatre, Emmett. I..." He took his glasses off, and slid back into the chair. "I just don't know what we're going to do. As this house is interconnected with the theatre's deed, we'll lose it as well. We'll all be homeless if we can't fight them and win!"

"What about Ms. Grosse? Couldn't she figure out a way to help you? She was trying before..." He asked, curious. Other then Scooter telling him she was in jail, no one said a word about it otherwise.

"They arn't putting her up for parole. They've got their hand in all of this stuff, and they know she'll blow the whistle if she gets out." He sighed, picking the papers up and shuffling them back into a file folder. "To them she's a great liability."

"Great scott.....well who is them? Who is they!? I've heard nothing of names lately, and I'm wondering just who they are!" He exclaimed, staring at Kermit.

"They are a company called Denays, and they're desperate for our land to build a shopping complex. They've been after it ever since J.P., Scooter's uncle died. We got the theatre on a National Landmark permit from the city...but apperently they went over it with a finetooth comb a few years back, and found it it dosn't actually fit the title, so it was revoked."

"So it's pretty much unprotected now?"

"Yeah, that's the gist of it. I just wish there was something we could do. If we could get Sara out of jail, then we'd have that inside information to get them indited and brought into court. But we've tried, and because she's in jail for terrorism, which she never did; they won't take us on as a case."

Emmett smiled, and pulled out of his coat pocket a small stack of papers. "Look over this Kermit. It's a new type of a thing that Dr. Honeydew and I have been working on. Normally I'm not one for genetics, but together, we've created something that might just help us in the long run."

Kermit picked up the stack of papers, and leafed through it. It was the diagram and schematics for a new type of a viral stimulation experiment. It was really out there and crazy, from what Kermit read. He set the papers down and looked at Emmett who was smiling deviously.

"A simulated....pregnancy?" He asked, really wondering why they ever thought of doing something like that.

"Well....this was a stroke of genius...or the lack thereof, that Bunsen thought of this. We were thinking of ways that perhaps with a little persuasion we could get Ms. Grosse out of jail, and into the courts to give a testimony against them."

"...but...this is absoutely crazy, Dr. Brown! They'll never go for this...and I think they test for that kind of thing. She's been in prison for over 6 months now, I don't think that'll pass by them. They'll figure somethings up."

"Not nessicarly. Some women, it just dosn't show up until very late into it." He smiled, and pulled out a small vial from his labcoat's pocket. Inside were two small blue colored pills. "And this is what she'd take. They look like normal headache pills so that could get by them."

"It may not show outwardly, but genetically it does show! This is nuts...I wouldn't put them both through this. This will never work, Emmett." He stood up, and handed the papers back to him.

"Kermit...I've already talked to Scooter about it. He said it sounded like a great idea at the time I told him. He's been at that prison, and he told me that no one did any kinds of tests on Sara at all. No blood drawn, nothing. They just got her medical files, and that was it. Nothing new was done. He also explained that he knows Sara would be able to handle this, and she would most likely go through with it. It's to pull at their heartstrings just a little, just a nudge so to speak to them to let her have her time in court."

Kermit just listened, and he shook his head. "This is not worth it all. But if you want to try.....I won't be one to stop you. But is she going to be alright with it? I mean, going through it, will she be alright?"

Doc stood up, and smiled, slipping the tiny vial back into his pocket. "Certainly. Although we've not actually done any tests, we know she'll be fine. It will convince them to let her plead her case, she'll go into court, speak against the company, and we'll reveal them for who they are truthfully."

Shaking his head, Kermit walked up the stairs. "Just please...be careful with that. You're probably tampering with what shouldn't be tampered with..." He let the sentence trail off as he opened the door to his bedroom, and went inside, closing it behind him.

Emmett picked up the papers, and looked at them smiling. The top of that stack at the title of "Operation Heartstrings". He's already tampered with time enough...why not try life? Just to help them out, it shouldn't hurt them at all.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hmm....it's a little different, but I think it could be interesting. Now I'm REALLY curious as to where this is going. Keep it coming.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow. You're the fastest reader I've ever encountered. XD

Yeah, I've just noticed how pregnant women are treated way differently, even in prison. Everyone's hearts seem to go out to them, during that "delicate" state. I guess they feel for them. Now I've never had any children, heck don't even have a boyfriend right now. But it's amazing how you'd see people treat women in that condition with such a kindness and helpfulness ya know?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Sixteen

Early that next morning, Scooter was standing outside on the porch, holding a few pieces of paper in his hands reading over them. Doctors Brown and Honeydew were sitting on the porch swing watching, awaiting questions from him.

"So, you two are sure she won't get hurt?" He asked, re-reading over a part of those papers. In his shirt pocket was a small bottle of headache medicine, the brand Aleve; it was full of those small blue pills. They all had the same effect, but she only needed two of them for it to work. "I have to say, this is quite ingenious of you two, but...I'm really worried about how she'll be with it."

"It shouldn't effect her too bad. She will feel the maternal instincts and everything, but we must keep in her mind that this isn't real. It will take about a month for the effects to show completely. She hasn't lost too much weight has she?" Bunsen asked him.

Scooter shook his head. His wife, Sara; although she wasn't obese, she wasn't stick thin either. She was....well, Scooter thought of it as nice and fluffy. "Except for looking like she hasn't slept in a year, and a few scars from getting caught in some fights, she's otherwise the same as she was before, Bunsen."

"That's good to hear. Just go in there, I've already written a legit Doctor's permission for her to have two of those pills for her migranes. Call her before you get there, and tell her to act most of this morning as if she had a migrane. Then later tonight, come inside; and explain to the guard that you have some medicine for her for her migranes, she ahs them sometimes. They'll let you give her two pills. Pick the pills that have the single red band on them, those are the genetic altering pills. The others are regular headache pills. Then just give the guard the bottle." Emmett told him.

"What if the guard pulls them out. She may only get one of those marked pills!"

"I doubt the guard will pull them out, seeing as they are medicine. And if she does...it will not harm her. We've set it up, so eventually she'll take all the pills. There are only 6 pills in that bottle anyways. 3 doses worth. She'll take them within the next week I'm sure of it." Bunsen then responded, smiling.

Scooter nodded, and looked at the papers again; then he made sure he had the doctor's permission paper in his pocket. Stepping off of the porch, he went over to Fozzie's studebaker, and got in; starting the car up. He was going to go ahead and visit her this morning, just get it over with. He figured the guards don't bother him or her when they're talking, so they'll be alright.

----------------

The guard was holding the small bottle of pills in her hand, and she glanced inside of it. "This is really what was in the bottle to begin with, Mr. Grosse?"

"Yes, that is her migraine medicine. It's just some plain over the counter stuff, that helps her with the light senstivity and the overbearing noise." He replied, anxious to get to her. He hated being held up like this.

"Alright then. Let her take two of them, then hand us the bottle before you leave. There's only two more doses, so we'll just keep it incase she needs it again." She told him, opening the doors to the outer visitor area.

Scooter smiled, and gently took the bottle from her hands. Walking inside, he saw his wife curled up on the couch, reading another book. The other women made catcalls at him, until Sara glared at them.

"Hey honey. You're a little early today." Sara commented, as he walked over beside her. He motioned for her to come with him. "Um...I can't really go anywhere you know.."

"I know, I know. But I need to speak with you, a little more privately, that's all." He answered. She stood up, and walked over to the small table in the corner, that was reserved for poker night, no one was near that area of the room at the time. "It's about...your migrane."

"Oh yeah. Did you bring the aleve then?" She pulled out a bottle of water, and set it down on the table, opening the cap. She knew full well what they were, but she was trying to not rise anyones suspesion.

"Yeah, right here, sweetie." He reached inside the bottle and pulled out the two red-banded pills. Then he handed them to her, and she took them both in one gulp. She rested her elbows on the table, and she smiled at him.

"The things I do for love, Scooter." She whispered, as he set his hands on hers. "How long till they kick in?"

"Probably about an hour..." He said in a normal tone, then he lowered it, softly. "...or a week, from what he told me."

Sara nodded, and laughed softly. "So you think this'll work? Pulling on heartstrings and all that jazz like they told me over the phone?"

"It should. If not, we need to remember Plan B."

She looked to the side. "I'm not to particularly fond of Plan B, you know. It's too....gruesome." She closed her eyes, Plan B, was quite most the horrible emergency plan that could be thought of.

"But it'll keep you from getting into more trouble, should they find out."

"I know, I know. But when should we try something?"
"The guys are working on getting something set up for court, about a week or so from today. We'll be asking for an all over blood test, set on the pretenses, that you might be sick from being in prison. That the quality of your life, as a wrongly-imprisoned woman has effected you. Then, they'll find out what we want them to find out. You'll be put up for parole, and they'll let you finally have your true day in court."

"And I can expose them for what they truely are." She smiled, she really liked this plan. But if one thing went wrong, it was all down the tubes in an instant. They had to plan very carefully.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... How is Operation Heartstrings any weirder than anything the Muppets have attempted in the past?

Going great, look forward to more soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*Shrugs* I honestly don't know. It just seemed weird to me, that's all. :wink:

But we're all mature muppet fans around here for the most part, so yeah, I guess it isn't all that weird.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it... Besides isn't Scooter trying to remind the future fanfic you that it's not going to be real?
Anyway, more story as soon as you can please.