Fanfiction: The Fraggle From Outer Space

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, these were really great chapters! And long, too, just the way I like 'em! To be honest, the reason I haven't commented 'til now is that I read the first three chapters on fanfic.net, and not that it's not good, but I didn't really want to repeat, so I just skimmed through them here.
You know one nice thing is, since you're so good at cannon characterizations, it kind of makes it easier to immagine what Goldie might be like if she were on TV.
Also, it's a bit of a longshot, but what are the odds that Goldie's pebblepox, being unseasonable, were magically induced, in order to solve this Trash Heap-foreseen problem between Goldie and Boober?
:wink: I do so love the Trash Heap, as well as gorg fraggle interaction, and I'm sure there'll be more of that to come! Also, I wonder how Goldie would react to Cantus? I wonder if we'll find out?
:wink:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Wow, these were really great chapters! And long, too, just the way I like 'em! To be honest, the reason I haven't commented 'til now is that I read the first three chapters on fanfic.net, and not that it's not good, but I didn't really want to repeat, so I just skimmed through them here.
You know one nice thing is, since you're so good at cannon characterizations, it kind of makes it easier to immagine what Goldie might be like if she were on TV.
Also, it's a bit of a longshot, but what are the odds that Goldie's pebblepox, being unseasonable, were magically induced, in order to solve this Trash Heap-foreseen problem between Goldie and Boober?
:wink: I do so love the Trash Heap, as well as gorg fraggle interaction, and I'm sure there'll be more of that to come! Also, I wonder how Goldie would react to Cantus? I wonder if we'll find out?
:wink:
lol, yes, we'll have to find out indeed.
I do intend to bring Cantus in eventually, but as of yet I have no idea how I'm gonna do it. =P

muppetwriter

Reaction score
G.D., I'm so glad that I read Chapter 5, because you reminded me an important Fraggle fact that I should've remembered before working on this one story I have in store for "The Marvelous Mini's". Pepplebox is the equivalent to a flu for them, and the character that I'm developing suffers from a massive case that turns him into a "very dangerous" Fraggle.

Anyways, enough about my material, this thread's about you.:smile:

I love reading about Goldie and Boober making up through the cure to her illness. That was done so awesomely well. I hope this experience has helped Boober learn never to let his fears get the best of him. Then again, would he be the Boober we all know and love if he learned to lighten up? Or would he just be Sidebottom?:smirk:

Ha, ha. I'm getting off subject again. Marvelous chapter. Can't wait to read more.:excited:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Chapter 6

The Fraggle From Outer Space
Chapter 6

It was a new day. Wembley and Boober were on their way to Goldie’s cave to make sure she’d fully recovered.

“Hey, Boober. There’s something I don’t get.”

“What’s that, Wembley?"

“You were the first fraggle Goldie met when she got to Fraggle Rock, right?"

“Right.”

“So if she’d actually had all those horrible germs like you said, wouldn’t you’ve been the first to catch them all?"

Boober stopped for a moment and slowly turned to Wembley.

“That’s a very frightening thought.”

“Yeah, I thought so, too.”

“That would mean my quarantine would’ve been pointless.”

“Well... Yeah, I guess it would.”

Boober paused for a moment, blinking his eyes repeatedly as these new discomforting thoughts entered his head. Wembley watched his frozen friend intently until he finally shook his head and spoke.

“Let’s not speak of this again, Wembley.”

“Okay.”

They then decided it was best to continue walking. Boober was still trying to shake off that last conversation when they bumped into Red and Mokey exiting their room.

“Oh! Hi, Boober," Mokey greeted, “Hi, Wembley. Going to check on Goldie?"

“Yup!" Wembley answered.

“So where’d Gobo run off to?" Red asked.

“He’s back home looking through all his maps. He said something about planning an exploration tour for Goldie.”

Red rolled her eyes.

“Of course he did. After all MY fun plans fail, he goes and starts making plans of his own. I see how it is.”

“Well, today she’s going to see the Storyteller," Mokey added, “That is if she’s well enough to get out of bed, anyway.”

Boober continued walking past the others.

“That’s why I’m here.”

The other three fraggles followed close behind him. They all walked in to find Goldie sitting up on her bed, stretching from having just awakened. The red spots were all gone from her face and she seemed just as lively as the day she arrived.

“Hey, good morning, everyone.”

Boober walked right up to her and placed his hand on her nose.

“Your fever’s gone, and your voice is back to normal.”

“I feel fine.”

“I’ll be the judge of that. Now open your mouth and say ‘Ah’.”

“Aaaaaaaaahhh...”

“Yup, everything seems to be in order here. No more Pebble Pox.”

“So... Does this mean you’re over that whole ‘germs from Outer Space’ thing?"

“I’d rather not talk about that, if it’s alright with you. I think it’ll be best if we just pretend that whole thing never happened.”

“That’s fine by me.”

“Alright then.”

Boober backed up and turned to leave.

“She’s got a clean bill of health," he said to the others as he walked past them and out of the room, “She’s all yours, Mokey.”

“Thank you, Boober.”

“Hey, Boober! Wait for me!" Wembley called as he followed Boober out.

Goldie jumped up out of bed and over to her suitcase.

“So...” she started as she took out a hair brush and started brushing, “What surprises am I in for today?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Gobo was hard at work, planning and plotting the course he was to take. He had all his maps laid out on the floor and his uncle’s field guide open in his hands.

“Now, let’s see. I could show her Blossom Boulder. Hmm. Firefly Cavern’s pretty nice this time of year. The Whistling Tunnel’s pretty good, too. Oh! And the Cave of the Rumblebugs. I’m sure she’ll like that. And then at the end, we can just mess around in the Messin’ Around Cave. Heheh.”

He took note of all the places he suggested to himself, plotting his course of action.

“This is gonna be some tour. I’m really gonna have to prepare for this one. Of course, I can’t do all of them in one day. Hmm...”

“Hiya, Gobo!"

“Oh, hi, Wembley.”

Gobo waited as Wembley and Boober both walked past the window, through the doorway, and down the steps into the room, stopping just at the edge of Gobo’s giant mess of maps. Boober looked around at them and then pointed to them.

“Gobo, what’s all this?"

“I’m trying to think of places to take Goldie to on the tour I’m gonna give her.”

“Why do you have a map of the Terrible Tunnel out?"

“What? How’d that get there?"

Gobo picked that map up and rolled it up. He then proceeded to pick up maps of other horrible places to put them away, too. The last thing he wanted was to put Goldie through more danger than she already had. Wembley went down and helped.

“Boy, it’s a good thing Boober pointed that out, Gobo. Cuz if you’d accidently picked any of those maps for your tour, who knows what could happened?"

“You could end up trapped in a poison cackler’s nest," Boober suggested.

“Or tangled on some clinging creepers," Wembley added.

“Or falling down Echo Hole!"

“Or lost in the Caves of Boredom!"

“Okay, Okay! I get it!" Gobo retorted before they listed any more horrible fates. “I know what I’m doing. I’m not gonna put her in any danger.”

“And what if danger comes after you instead?"

“Yeah, Gobo. What if the danger goes to you?"

“Then we’ll just have to handle it. Don’t worry. Everything’ll be fine. You can even come along if it’ll make you feel better.”

Wembley bounced up and down with excitement.

“Sure! I’ll go with you, Gobo! It’ll be fun!"

Boober, however, wasn’t so enthusiastic.

“I’m going to have to pass. There’s laundry that needs done, and it’s not going to wash itself.”

“Alright, suit yerself.”

Gobo picked up the rest of his maps and started towards the doorway.

“Where’re you going, Gobo?" Wembley asked.

“To test my route. Gotta make sure I got everything right.”

The three arrived at the Storyteller’s house. Mokey rang the doorbell.

“I hope she tells something short," Red said.

Mokey stepped back from the door and looked over to Red.

“But, Red. Short stories aren’t as much fun. They’re so..... short.”

The door opened, and an old lady fraggle of yellowy-beige fur and light pink hair stepped out from behind it. She wore a magenta sweater over a light blue shirt, a long dangly necklace, and a pair of thick, round, magenta eyeglasses.

As soon as she saw Goldie, her eyes went wide and she let out a gasp.

“Aw! I don’t believe it!"

“Don’t believe what, Madame Storyteller?" Mokey asked.

“She looks just like.... No, it couldn’t be. That’s simply impossible.”

“Who?" Goldie asked. “Who do I look like?"

“It’s not important. You’re here for a story, is that right? Well, I’m going to tell you one.”

“But now I’m curious. Who do you think I look like?"

The Storyteller stepped up to her and grasped her face with both hands. Turning it so she could see it more closely.

“You have her eyes," she said, “And his nose. And both his and her hair color... at the same time, no less. Simply amazing.”
Goldie grabbed the Storyteller’s wrists and pulled her hands off her face.

“Okay, lady, now you’re creeping me out. Who is it you think I look like?"

“Two fraggles I knew.... long ago.”

“What happened to them?"

“Oh, I know you didn’t come here to hear THAT story. There are plenty better ones I could tell. Like The Tale of the Famous Fedora Fraggle. Or the Ring of the Radish, if you wish? Or how about I recount to you one of the brilliant stories of the brave, strong, and dashing Matt Fraggle?"

“I’d like to hear what happened to those two fraggles you say I look like, if you don’t mind.”

“Well, I do mind! Pick something else!"

“Oh please, Madame Storyteller," Mokey insisted, “I want to hear this story, too. Please?"

“Yeah, me too," nodded Red.

The Storyteller hung her head and sighed as she resigned to their request.

“Alright. If that’s the one you want to hear.”

She cleared her throat and adjusted her glasses as she began to tell her story.

* (Storyteller Fraggle)
Young fraggles, come and listen well this story that I tell,
About a great disaster and the horror that befell,
These two unfort'nate fraggles, their struggle and their strain,
About the journey that they made through unexplored terrain.
About the caves to which they went and never came again.
About the caves to which they went and never came again.

Some years ago, before your time. Imagine if you dare.
The two young fraggles went to find a cave for them to share.
They tried so many places. It was driving them insane.
For every place they tried were such that they could not retain.
And we all thought that they would never find a home again.
We all had thought that they would never find a home again.

And then one day they finally had found a brand new cave.
Both beautiful and roomy. It was everything they craved.
It was a little drafty, though, but they did not complain.
The cave was still quite cozy, but alas, it was their bane.
Cuz little did they know that they would not come back again.
Oh, little did they know that they would not come back again.

Some time had passed in their new home, and they were feeling good.
But something on that fateful day just wasn’t as it should.
This windy little cave picked up the fury it restrained.
The wind kept picking up until the two were blown uh, away’n.
The cave had sucked them up, and they were never seen again.
The cave had sucked them up, and they were never seen again.

Before we knew what happened, all the Rock was in a craze.
The two unfort'nate fraggles had been missing now for days.
We searched around both high and low, but it was all in vain.
Because something had happened that no one could preordain.
The two young fraggles disappeared and never came again.
The two young fraggles disappeared and never came again.

The three of them stared as the Storyteller finished her story.

“Where do you think they went to?" asked Mokey.

“No one knows. It was rumored that the cave was actually a horrible monster that devoured them whole. Others say that they had found a portal and were sucked into another world. All I know is no one ever went near those caves again after that. And since then, its location has been forgotten.”

Goldie thought for a moment, and then decided to ask:

“Do you they might’ve ended up in Outer Space?"

“Hmm... I suppose it might be possible...... But not likely. I was always a believer of the monster theory.”

“And what were their names?"

“Their names were.... their names........ Huh, funny. I can’t remember.”

Red Rolled her eyes.

“Some help YOU are.”

“Well, that was a wonderful story, Madame Storyteller," Mokey said. “Thank you so much for telling it to us. I think we’ll be on our way now.”

“Yup. Games to play, songs to sing," Red added, “You know how it is.”

“Yes, yes. You young fraggles always have so much to do. Alright, then. If you ever need another story, you know where to find me.”

And with that, the three left the Storyteller’s home. She watched the three young fraggles as they disappeared down the tunnel and around the corner.

“It just isn’t possible," she mumbled to herself, “It couldn’t be.... could it?"

“Wow, that story was amazing, wasn’t it?" Mokey asked as they walked.

“Well, if you ask me," Red replied, “It sounds a lot like the story of the Terrible Tunnel. It was even the exact same melody.”

“But, Red, in the story of the Terrible Tunnel, the hero, Sir Blunderbrain, saved everyone, remember? There wasn’t a hero in this story. They were just sucked up and never seen again.”

“Mokey, how many caves do YOU know that suck fraggles up and make them disappear? These two fraggles probably made the mistake of getting settled in the Terrible Tunnel.”

“I suppose that could be it.”

“I don’t know, you guys," Goldie said, “The way the Storyteller looked at me, I think it might’ve been something else.”

“You think so?" Mokey asked.

“Say, Goldie. How’d you wind up in Outer Space anyway?"

“I don’t really know. As far as I can remember, I’ve always been out there. I never knew my birth parents, or if I even HAD any. I didn’t even think there were any others of my kind until Traveling Matt found me.”

“Then who’s this family you mentioned before in the garden?"

“My grandma and grandpa. They took me in when I was just a baby.”

“You were raised by silly creatures?" Mokey asked.

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

“Hey," Red said, “Do you think the two fraggles in the story might’ve been your parents? That would explain the Storyteller’s reaction to you.”

“And maybe the place they disappeared to was somewhere in Outer Space, someplace far and frightening," added Mokey, clasping her hands together as she laid the drama before them. “And after being trapped for ages in this unknown world, without any hope of ever returning to Fraggle Rock, they settled down and parented a child, only to befall further tragedy, leaving the child alone and helpless, when two kind and caring silly creatures scoop up the child and raise her as their own! Oh, you poor thing!"

Red and Goldie stared at the overexcited lavender fraggle as she finished her rambling, and then they looked at each other.
“Is she alright?"

“Don’t worry. Sometimes Mokey gets carried away with things like this.”

“It would be scary if it was all true.”

The three fell into an awkward silence for a moment. None of them had anything to say after that. Goldie was inwardly excited to think that she may have learned a little bit about herself from all this, but she was also saddened to think what dangers her parents may have faced in Outer Space.... That is, if they were indeed the two fraggles the Storyteller spoke of.

Another moment later, Red perked up and looked over to Goldie and Mokey.

“Hey! I’ve got a great idea. Come with me.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Song Credits:
- The Tale of Two Unfortunate Fraggles—mildly rewritten from “The Ballad of Sir Blunderbrain” from the episode “The Terrible Tunnel”

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh this is getting interesting! I'm enjoying learning more about Goldie and her past. Must read more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... And this is only the Fraggle versionof Goldie. You should ask GD for her Gargoyles versioned fic Beth.
Very intriguing, or as others would say intruging. Liked the cast of characters, even Storyteller got an appearance. Hoping more will be explained in the next chapter.

*Now to wait until another Monday to find out...

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow! We finally start getting some backstory on this wonderful character! I knew that's how she might've came about in "Outer Space". Very awesome, G.D.!

Can't wait to find out what Red's idea is.:excited:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
The Fraggle From Outer Space
Chapter 7

“Red, are you sure this is safe?”

Goldie was shaking in fear as she sat on a very large greaseberry leaf at the top of a steep sloping tunnel that twisted and turned all the way down. Red sat behind her on the same leaf.

“Goldie, I promise you this’ll be fun.”

“Don’t you even have helmets for this thing?”

“Oh, you big baby,” Red replied and handed her a Rock Hockey helmet. “Here. Now get ready! Hold on to the front of the leaf.”

Goldie slipped the helmet over her head and braced herself on the very greasy leaf sled.

“Alright.”

“Ready? Go!”

Red shoved off, and they were on their way. The going was slow. They made a couple turns, a drop here and there. Goldie was enjoying herself. She even started to feel silly to have asked for a helmet.

“You’re right, this is fun.”

“Oh, it hasn’t started yet. If you think this is fun, wait till we get to the big drop.”

“Say what?”

“Hang on! Here it comes!”

Goldie was going to say something else when the tunnel suddenly took a steep turn downward and the leaf suddenly began to plummet into it. The both of them let out shrill screams as they fell: Red enjoying the adrenaline rush, and Goldie frightened out of her mind.

“AAAAAHHHHHHH!”

They rode down the slope, around the bend, looped the loop, down another bend, up a small hill, down again, turn again, drop again, another loop, and then suddenly Goldie found herself flying through the air with the large leaf still in her hands.

“Goldie, let go!” she yelled as she gracefully transitioned into one of her famous diving forms.

Goldie, confused that Red wasn’t nearly as scared as she was, let the leaf go as they both fell with a big splash right into the fraggle pond.

Other fraggles gathered around and watched as the two of them emerged from the water. Red held her arms up in excitement.

“Woohoohoohoo! That was fantastic! Let’s do it again!”

“Ugh...” Goldie groaned as she grabbed on to the rock at the edge of the pond, “No thanks. Once is enough for me.”

Red swam up and grabbed the edge beside her. She grimaced upon seeing Goldie’s face. Her eyes were swirling in every direction, and her face had turned a lovely shade of green.

“Woah, Goldie, are you alright?”

“I don’t feel good.”

“Well, maybe that was too much for you to start with. But that’s okay. I’ve got another idea. This one’s even better than the first one, and it won’t make you queasy.”

“Ugh... Alright. Just no more greasy leaves.”

“Okay, Goldie,” Red chuckled, “No more greaseberry leaves.”

(Later)

“Hiiiiideyyyy!” Goldie called from where she stood blindfolded.

“Hoooh!” The other fraggles in the Great Hall answered.

Red had figured that a slower-paced game would be better for Goldie, and suggested a game of “Hidey-Ho” in the Great Hall, which Goldie found to be exactly the same as the human game “Marco Polo”. It was an open game where any fraggle could join in at any time, and just about every fraggle did. Goldie was It, and she found that the game was much more interesting with so many more players to try to catch.

“Hiiiideyyyy!”

“Hooooh!”

Red silently congratulated herself as she waited for Goldie to call “Hidey” again. She could see that Goldie was actually enjoying herself this time.

“Hiiiideyyyy!”

“Hooooh!”

“Gotcha!”

Everyone looked and found that she had indeed caught someone, and he was none too happy to have been caught.

“Alright, you’re it,” Goldie said to him as she handed the blindfold to him, “What was your name again?”

“Uh, my name’s Feeny.”

“If you don’t wanna be it, Feeny, I can go again.”

“No, that’s okay, Goldie. You got me fair and square. I’ll be it.”

“Okay.”

Goldie helped Feeny put the blindfold on.

“You know, Goldie, you’re a real nice fraggle.”

“Why, thank you, Feeny.”

“Can we be friends?”

Goldie giggled at the simple little fraggle as she finished tying the blindfold.

“Of course we can.”

“Really? Ya mean it? Wow, that’s great! I get to be friends with the fraggle from Outer Space!”

“Alright, Feeny. Count to ten.”

“Oh, okay. Uh, one! Two...”

Goldie ran to hide as Feeny continued counting. She found herself in the same hiding place as Red.

“You know, Goldie,” Red whispered with a nudge, “Feeny wasn’t actually playing when you caught him.”

“He wasn’t? Whoops.”

“And I think now would be a good time to tell you he can only count to four.”

“Are you serious?”

“Seventeen!” Feeny called “Uh, Eleventy-four! ...Doozer! Uh... Radish!”

“This could take a while.”

“Yeah...”

Goldie sat down for a moment, knowing that Feeny would probably never get to ten at the rate he was going. She looked on to the tunnel in front of her, wondering where it went. After a moment of staring, Goldie began to hear a faint sound coming from that direction. Curious, she got up and walked into the tunnel, following this sound she thought she heard.

Red, who was still watching Feeny, didn’t notice Goldie as she disappeared into the tunnel.

“This is gonna take forever,” she groaned and looked down to where Goldie was, “What say we go play something else, eh Goldie?”

It was then she noticed that Goldie was missing.

“Goldie? Hey! Where’d you go?”

The further Goldie walked through the tunnel, the more clearly she could hear the sound she was following. It grew louder and clearer until finally she recognized the strumming of a guitar and the voice singing with it.

“That’s Gobo,” she thought as she walked further up the tunnel and in fact found Gobo walking along in the tunnels, strumming and singing as he went.

“La la-la la, la la la la, la la,” he sang as he strummed, “La la-la la, la la la la.”

Goldie followed him, watching and listening as he sang his song.

(Gobo)
Headed down the road I'm going round and round.
Walking through the light and through the free and easy land.
All I want to know is how the world goes round.
All I want to be is a traveling, be a wandering man.

(Gobo & A Fraggle-Sized Cave Creature)
Well you go one way.
See it's some kind of fun way.
Start exploring the two way.
Wow, it's just like a thruway.
When you get to the three way.
Can't be sure it's a free way.
Got to find me the true way.
That's the only way home.

(Gobo)
La la-la la, la la la la, la la.
La la-la la, la la la la.

“Oh, Hiya, Goldie,” he greeted when he noticed her following behind him, not stopping on his guitar.

He stopped walking so Goldie could walk up to him.

“Hey, Gobo...” she greeted back as the cave creature went away just as quickly as it came. “Say, is that normal?”

“What?”

She pointed at the creature walking away.

“Strange creatures coming out of nowhere to sing with you?”

“Oh, that? Yeah, that happens all the time. They come, they sing with us, they leave.”

“And you’re sure it’s safe?”

“Oh, sure it is. The dangerous creatures never sing.”

“Oh... So where are you going?”

“Right now, nowhere.”

Goldie was confused by that answer for a moment. Gobo continued strumming his guitar while she thought. Then she laughed when she realized it was because they were both standing still and not going anywhere.

“No, I meant where WERE you going?”

“Oh, well. I was just checking out the tunnels in these maps. See, I’m planning to take you on an exploration tour of Fraggle Rock, and I wanna make sure I don’t take you anywhere too dangerous.”

“That sounds like fun.”

“It is fun. There’s nothing better than exploring a new place, and with me as your guide, you know you won’t get lost, and you’ll have nothing to worry about.”

“I can’t wait.”

“Good to hear it.”

The two of them started walking further down the tunnel. Gobo was still strumming the same tune he’d been playing.

“So, did Red tire you out with all the games she had planned for you?”

“Oh, no. I just heard your guitar all the way from the Great Hall and followed it here.”

“Really? How come?”

“Well, because I like how it sounds when you play it.”

“Aw, shucks. That’s nice of you to say.”

“No, I’m serious. I’ve never heard of anyone who could play a guitar with only two strings on it.”

“Heh, well you work with what you got, I guess.”

“I guess so.”

“Say, how was your visit with the Storyteller?”

“It was interesting. She told us a story about two fraggles and a cave that sucked them up.”

“Sounds like the story of the Terrible Tunnel.”

“That’s what Red said, but Mokey said that the Terrible Tunnel story had a hero that saved everybody, and these two fraggles just disappeared and never came back.”

“Well, that is a little different. But what makes you think this story didn’t also take place in the Terrible Tunnel?”

“Cuz the Storyteller said I looked just like these two fraggles. We think that maybe these two fraggles that disappeared might’ve been my parents, and that when they disappeared, they ended up in Outer Space. And from what I hear, the Terrible Tunnel’s something that keeps fraggles trapped inside.”

“That’s true. It does. Hmm... That is interesting. Hey, I’ve got an idea. Why don’t we add to the tour a search for this place where these fraggles disappeared?”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“Sure, if it means finding out more about what happened to those two fraggles. Who knows? Maybe this cave they disappeared in really does go to Outer Space, and maybe they actually are your parents.”

“That would be fantastic.”

“Then it’s settled. We’re making it part of the tour. The search for the mysterious cave of disappearing fraggles.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Song Credits:
- Only Way Home (One Way, Thru Way, Free Way)—From the episode “Sir Hubris and the Gorgs”

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
This is going great so far! The slide scene was fun, and the conversation between Red and Goldie about Feanie was hilarious! Was that scare you gave me, and probably a few others, about Goldie wandering down the tunnel deliberate?
:smirk:

I can't wait to read more and see what happens on the tour!

More please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh, very good! I like the Hidey Ho game! And Gobo's song and Goldie's reaction. This is just such a fun story! Can't wait to read more!