1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

FAO Schwartz: Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming October 22

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheCreatureWork, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. My apologies... I'm so thrown off. I've been back and forth to the hospital. My days and months are totally thrown off. Total head spin! I think readers would have caught my drift...

2. Ignorance

Ignorance New Member

Whoa.
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa.
    That is simply fantastic.
    The local mall NEEDS one of those here.
    Could they actually function as a real puppet when finished? Like could you move them and stuff? [Sorry if it's a stupid question.:halo:]

3. This isn't a stupid question... This is a functional puppet. As far as everyone knows, the puppet comes with one arm rod and you could design them in any way you want (within the confines of set of eyes, nose, hair... (no doubling)). For more information you may want to refer to the MuppetNewsFlash. That site does this new product more justice than I will. :D

4. Ignorance

Ignorance New Member

That is so awesome, I'm checking out the site right now.
    Always wanted my own functional muppet.
    Also, it says it opens October 22nd... I checked the date and that's tomorrow/two days depending where you live.
    So soon! :)

5. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

Wow, I'm surprised how much interest this is causing. I've also noticed that there are many here who don't have puppets, and want one. If you are interested in puppetry I would recommend spending 1/4 of the amount you would spend at F.A.O Schwartz Puppets and purchase a Project Puppet pattern.

I mentioned before (jokingly) that many will probably purchase the WhatNots Puppet for their pattern- Fozzie Bear (Super Moderator) was bang on :) Project Puppet is the way to go. :)

Bythe way this is my 200 post- Coool!..I'm such a nerd.

6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

one more day i wanna try and get me one just to have one

7. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Has anybody considered whether or not these will fit on adult hands? I'm anxious to buy one, but it'd be a real disappointment if it came to me and I couldn't fit my big ol' man hand in it.

8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I expect an MC member who lives close by will probably go by to see it in person and hopefully post their reactions to it here.

9. rstiff1020

rstiff1020 New Member

AHH! I'm so psyched! my birthday was yesterday so my parents gave me money to buy one! i'm going into the city this weekend to make it! it's gonna be so legit!

10. TheCreatureWork

and some photos LOL

11. Ok... I know a watched pot never boils. But it's 9:15 over here on the East Coast and the Online Workshop still hasn't launched. I guess I still have to wait...

Oh the humanity :eek: !

12. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I just checked, I dont see the page active yet. :(

13. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Yeah, I just checked, too. Think they're opening it up tonight? Or noon, I would've assumed.

14. TheCreatureWork

I talked with a representative at FAO and how the construction process works is...
    you order the WhatNot puppet shape and FAO sends you a kit- the kit has all the features associated with that particular puppet shape. You then stick the features on the puppet shape and mail it back to FAO- they then build the puppet you created and mail it to you when constructed.

The customer service person said she knew that the web design team was up all night putting the final touches on the site. She was surprised to find the Muppet section not up and running and said she would inform corporate about the problem.

She recommended everyone on Muppet Central call customer service at 1-800-426-8697 and inform them of the site not working. If corporate gets enough calls they may work faster on solving the problem (Whatever the problem is). She said that I was the first to bring the webpage not working to their attention.

She also stated she could take my order over the phone, but I stated I wanted to see what I'm ordering before I order LOL She agreed and said she'll call corporate ASAP.

Hope it helps

15. Thanks for calling CreatureWork! I called that number you posted- the attendant I talked to hadn't known about the problem with the website. She assured me that by the end of today or (unfortunately) tomorrow we'd be seeing something. Hopefully that was more that a service rep. getting an annoyed customer off her back...

I guess all we can do is wait and count the seconds until its launch. :sympathy:

16. Woah! The old picture is all fuzzy and miscombobulated! Could this mean the site is being upgraded?

P.S. - This is of 2:30 Eastern Time

17. GASP :eek: ! I just checked and they postponed the opening of the New York Store until November 13! Could this mean a delay for the online store too? What is going on here ! :eek: ? :eek: !

18. TML

TML Active Member

I thought this was opening on-line today? Anybody have any info on it?

19. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

The other thread says FAO wasn't aware of the problem and they're working on it. Hopefully we'll see it later today or tomorrow at the latest.

But I just went to check again, and the banner is acting really funky. It's like the picture is lapping itself or something :s

20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, FAO.com was updated to show that the on-line Muppet Whatnot Workshop is opening today but the one at the New York Store is not opening until November 13.

By the way, we merged the two threads in the Muppet Merchandise and Puppetry sections to this one discussion. Let's try to keep the Whatnot discussions in one place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.