FAO Schwartz: Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming October 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploobis

Reaction score
I wonder if you would be able to buy a blank puppet and selection of wigs, eyes and noses to have a mulitiple whatnot, or can you only select one design and the parts get glued on?
I've been wondering that my self!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wonder though...how many of you will buy it just for the pattern(s)? Hmmmmm.....Just wondering.
I thought about getting one for my collection, but I didn't think of the patterns! Good idea!

Actually, I alway suggest folks contact www.projectpuppet.com for their patterns. They're about as Muppety as anybody needs to get.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Im going to NY on 29th Nov, so I will definetly be taking a look at these, although I am not sure yet if I will get one?

They do look like whatnots, but not any what not I recognise?

I hope you can buy extra eyes, noses and wigs to change it, rather than having just 1 puppet, afterall, a whatnot is a changeable puppet?

Chris

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Im going to NY on 29th Nov, so I will definetly be taking a look at these, although I am not sure yet if I will get one?

They do look like whatnots, but not any what not I recognise?
I don't think you really understand the objective behind this... This is for people to create their own Whatnot characters. I don't think they're trying to make replicas of Whatnots we've seen over the years--even though I'm sure there are enough parts there to make one similar. I think they just want to encourage creativity in the Muppet brand. :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Yes I kinda get that, I guess its a bit like the Muppet Workshop products in the 90's trying to encourage creativity.

Cant wait to see them in FAO in 6 weeks.

Chris

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I think it is a great idea, Shaun said we are going back to NYC soon I would love to make one

Leanne
x

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think you really understand the objective behind this... This is for people to create their own Whatnot characters.
Which is a million times better than just having a recreation of a character. This puppet is a piece of you, making it unique. As long as they don't run out of pieces during your visit.

And I wouldn't know if these pieces are interchangeable or permanently affixed. But I;m sure that they'd sell a bag of extra pieces eventually (similar to Mr. Potatohead)

Nick22

Reaction score
i cant wait! i wanna go opening day! lol:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.