Favorite Kermit Moments

ssetta

Reaction score
Dr. Nobel Brice

There were these skits made in the early 80s mostly where he interviewed this inventor, Dr. Nobel Brice. He was a purple, bald muppet, with a gray mustache, and he wore glasses. He would come up with this great new invention, he'd tell all about it, and then, he would remove the cover to show everyone what his wonderful new invention is, and then...

It's not anything new. It would be something that everyone already knew about. And then he would start to cry when Kermit spoiled it for him, telling him that it's already been invented.

Joggy

Reaction score
Re: Dr. Nobel Brice

Originally posted by ssetta
There were these skits made in the early 80s mostly where he interviewed this inventor, Dr. Nobel Brice.
I of course loved the one where he re-invented the piano and Kermit turned out to be a professional piano player!

ssetta

Reaction score
Re: Dr. Nobel Brice

I've seen it on Plaza Sésamo. I actually haven't seen much of him at all. I have seen that one, and the one where he invented foot snuggies (socks). The only ones I have seen on Noggin were a bit unusual, as I understand.

There's one where he tries to invent a rain-making machine, and it never does the right thing. And by the end of the show, it does start raining, and he claims that he has done it. And Big Bird walks up to the camera and says, "Please don't tell him it was raining already. I don't wanna hurt his feelings."

And there's another one where he discovered The Great Shaggaphant. Maria said at the beginning that it was probably something they already know about. So he tells Big Bird all about it, and it sounds familiar to him, because when he lifts the cover, it's a snuffle-upagus. It was Snuffy's cousin Abigail from Hawaii. Big Bird then tells him that his best friend is a snuffle-upagus, and that there must be lots of them in Hawaii. Brice then gets really upset, and starts crying. Maria comes in, who has heard him crying. And he says, "I don't believe it! A snuffle-upagus!" But then, Big Bird is the only one who has ever seen one, or even believes it's real, so Maria says, "Oh, that's okay. I don't believe it either!"

And was there ever another time when Kermit played the piano? On the muppets maybe? And did he actually call it the piano, or did he call it something else? I would like to know what the regular segments with him were like.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Hmmmm...I don't remember Kermit playing the piano, but I do recall the performance of "The Cat Came Back" on "The Muppet Show" where Rowlf played the banjo!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
* Kermit the Reporter Interviewing Pinocchio

* Kermit singing ABCs with the "HIJK Cookie Monster" little girl

* "This Frog"

* "When I Listen In The Quiet Of The Evening"

* Kermit as Salesman Grover's unwilling customer

I love my froggy.

Quinnnnnnnnn
* Kermit singing ABCs with the "HIJK Cookie Monster" little girl

I thought this was one of the most touching skits I had ever seen. It also sums up Sesame Street altogether in a way. Here is how:

There is a little girl, and a Muppet. That's the basic cast. They are doing the alphabet, which shows the basic education aspect of the show. The little girl gets a bit goofy with the "Cookie Monster" in the alphabet, showing the silliness of the show. Kermit gets upset, but its all resolved with a simple "I Love You." This shows that it really was a show built on love, and that my friends, is how this skit gets the basics of Sesame Street covered.

God, it just so darn touching to me...

Kermit: Okay fine, I'm leaving...
Girl: I Love You...
Kermit: I Love You Too.

That will always bring a tear to my eye. Oh..I'm fighting the emotions now...SEE WHAT YOU DID!! :big_grin:

-Matt

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Of course "Bein' Green" is a Kermit classic, but let's not forget his otehr musical experiences, when he helped Don Music to write such classics as...

Mary had a bicycle
Bicycle, bicycle
Mary had a bicycle
It was painted red as fire

Everywhere that Mary went
Mary went, Mary went
Everywhere that Mary went
The bicycle had a flat tyre

------

Stormy night
Not even a star in sight
On my way to where the sky is dark
Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Yellowstone Park

------

Twinkle Twinkle little bird
SOMETHING SOMETHING how absurd
Would you like some ham on rye
Or a piece of Cherry Pie
If those crumbs are all you want
Then don't come to my restaurant

---

But the classic Kermit comedy moment had to be the time when he went into the shop to pick up a Kermit the Frog t-shirt, and the shopkeeper assures him it is, and holds up a "Kermit the Gorf" shirt. Kermit protests, points out there is no "Kermit the Gorf", and a monster named Kermit the Gorf comes in to pick up his shirt

This happens twice more, with "Kermit the Forg" and "Kermit the Grof" shirts, Kermit the FROG gets hysterical, the shopkeeper asks the guy out the back... who tells him that the shirt will be ready on Thursday.

The moment kinda loses something in its translation to this board, but man it was PHUNNY!

Cherry "hail Kermit" Pizza

Jackie

Reaction score
Bob: "Frogs like to eat..."

Kermit: "Fried chicken and pizza"

hehehe! I loved that!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
If I may, the "Twinkle Twinkle" revision went like this:

Whistle, whistle, little bird
Eating crumbs is quite absurd
Try a ham and cheese on rye
And a piece of cherry pie
If the crumbs are all you want
Don't come in my restaurant!

And "Mary Had A Bicycle":

Mary had a bicycle, bicycle, bicycle
Mary had a bicycle, it was as red as fire

And every time she wanted a ride, wanted a ride, wanted a ride
Every time she wanted a ride, the bicycle had a flat tire

Jim and Richard at their absolute best!

Natalie

Reaction score
Cantus Rock, i totally agree about what you said about the little girl and Kermit. I love that one and any others Kermit does with the kids. Everybody loves Kermit! and it's fun to see how the kids react with him

BlueAM

Reaction score
TravellingMatt said:
Everyone's got to start somewhere, and Kermit the Frog is no exception to the rule! Here's some of my favorite Kermit moments on Sesame Street!

Kermit tries to explain rectangles, but his rectangle gets destroyed by Cookie Monster.

Kermit takes applications for the Big Bad Wolf. First he gets a small bad wolf, then a medium bad wolf, before the standard Big Bad Wolf (the large blue one voiced by Jerry Nelson) shows up.

Kermit and Susan play "One Of These Things" with woodland creatures: a frog and three others who can fly. When Susan says that the frog is the one that doesn't belong, Kermit gets insulted and leaves.

Kermit and Bob interact with a real frog. Bob is trying to explain the mannerisms of the real frog, where Kermit is trying to convince him that frogs live in apartments and eat pizza & fried chicken.

Kermit tries to explain the letter W, but his letter W is a bit more active than he expected it to be.

Kermit interviews Mary and her little lamb. However, the lamb follows Kermit home instead of Mary.

Kermit goes to Piper's Pickled Pepper Patch to interview Peter Piper. However, he gets everyone else in the Piper family (whose names all begin with the letter P) except Peter, who's in Portland, pressing pants. (Great Kermit line: "This is Kermit the Frog returning you to the program in progress. Anybody have a letter Q?")

Kermit interviews Humpty Dumpty, who has just been put back together again. However, when Kermit gives Humpty a hearty slap on the back, he falls off the wall. Oops!

Kermit interviews Jack (of "Jack Be Nimble" fame) who talks a lot like Floyd, jumps over a candlestick, and breaks every bone in his body in the process. (Somewhere Gonzo is saying "WOW! What a finish!")

Kermit interviews Old MacDonald on his farm, where Old MacDonald reveals his newest acquisition: a spaceship, complete with Yip-Yip martians. (Kermit to a pig: "You remind me of someone I know!")

Kermit interviews Pinocchio, and is driven out of the picture when Pinocchio tells one lie too many. "STOP THE NOSE!"

Kermit singing "This Frog", "When I Listen In The Quiet Of The Evening", "African Alphabet", "In My Pond", and "Caribbean Amphibian".

Any of the Kermit/Don Music sketches.
Travelling Matt, I have a question:

Do you remember what Jack Be Nimble looks like? Tell me what type of AM he was, nose color and shape, description of eyes, hair color, and clothes. Thanks!

BlueAM