1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Kermit Moments

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by TravellingMatt, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

Yep, you are right. Rupe Goldberg was a cartoonist that drew all these funny inventions to do something simple. If you like that sort of thing, you may want to look into a computer puzzle game called "The Incredible Machine."

--Klonoa
  2. Contessa

Contessa New Member

I liked the "Lime in the Coconut" Segment he did with Miss Piggy, and the one he did on Sesame Street...uh I think it was the Elevator one w/ the Count
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

the Kermit letter segments along with Cookie and Beautiful Day where pretty good. i never saw this one but on one of the muppet sites can't remember witch one it has the section to send e-mail and a picture of Kermit talking about the letter E. anyone know how this 1 went?
  4. fatblue

fatblue New Member

Yes, he ordered a letter 'F'for his lecture and realized he got an 'E', he called "Hey you guys!". Beautiful Day plays a delivery guy with hat and all, and Kermit explains he ordered an F not an E. He explains the difference between the two as the F not having the bottom part. Beautiful Day delivery guy, if you will, chops of the lower half to make it an F after all Kermits complaining.
  5. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

All of them

All of those are my favorite Kermit on Sesame Street moments.
    I distinctly remember (and love)
    Kermit's "Do Wop Do Wop Hop!" song
    "Frogs in the Glen"
    "This Frog"
    "On My Pond"
    "Tadpole"
    "African Alphabet"
    "If I Were"
    -He was also in the "Do De Rubber Duck" song which I love, because it's great to see Kermit interacting with all the other characters. Even when I was growing up, I didn't get to see quite all the classic scenes people have mentioned, though I do remember a lot of them.
    I would like to see some more of Kermit's lectures, and sales sessions with Grover. They sound quite funny. Or Kermit and the professor who invented things that already existed. I remember that.
    I also remember The Six Dollar Man sketch. That was awesome. And now that I've actually seen The Six Million Dollar Man, I get the joke! :D
    I definitely love the Kermit and the "ABC Cookie Monster" girl sketch. That was quite touching.
    I've seen some of the sketch where Bob and Kermit are discussing frogs and Kermit tells Bob that frogs "live in apartments" and eat "fried chicken and pizza." That's one really funny.
    I do remember hearing that Kermit was on one of the Monsterpiece Theatre sketches, but I can't remember which one.
    I also totally love the sketch where Kermit goes to pick up a "Kermit the Frog" shirt and instead finds his name misspelt as "Kermit the Gorf". That one was hilarious.
    Does anyone know if Kermit ever interacted with Harvey Kneeslapper? I keep thinking Harvey was the salesman in that sketch, but that's probably wrong.
    Has Kermit ever interacted with Bert and Ernie at all or Big Bird and Snuffy?
    I know in the "Big Bird's Storytime" video he takes a nap with Big Bird and Snuffy. That was awesome!
    That also brings me to another great Kermit moment and that was all the News Flash segments he did. I remember all those and especially love the "Humpty Dumpty" one and "The 3 Little Pigs".
    I also remember Kermit helping Don Music write a lot of his songs and that was great.
    And then Kermit also had a sketch with The Count involving Kermit getting on an elevator and The Count never getting him to the right floor.
    I also like the sketch where Kermit tries to get Herry and Cookie Monster to identify the number 5 while blindfolded. Herry accidentally breaks it after correctly identifying it as a 5. Cookie Monster comes in and Kermit explains the problem to him. Cookie Monster assures him that's it's "no problem" and he proceeds to eat the remains of the 5. He then tells Kermit it's a 5 and when Kermit asks how he could tell, he says it tastes like a 5. That was a good one.
    Does anyone happen to remember a sketch where Grover sells Kermit a pair of ears? Remember, frogs don't have ears and so I think Grover tries to convince him he needs ears and Grover puts these ears made to look like a human's on Kermit and Kermit makes his sourpuss face that he does so well when he's annoyed. It just looked really funny and weird.
    I'm sure there's lots others but they're all good. These are from the good old days when Kermit was just as much a part of Sesame Street as he was and is of The Muppet Show. I also love his scene in "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" where he helps Big Bird determine how Santa Claus gets down the chimney. Too bad Kermit doesn't show up now in much more than quick cameo appearances on Sesame Street projects, and generally, only in his Reporter role.
    Try to catch "Play With Me Sesame" on Noggin for more classic Sesame Street clips. I don't know that I've seen Kermit on there yet, but whenever I do watch it, I've noticed that a lot of classic clips are played. I love when Prairie Dawn introduces the artwork because it's the same song she sang to introduce dear viewers to their little show about cleaning your teeth, I think. I seem to recall Herry being a tooth or something like that.
    Lately, I've seen Grover doing the "Near and Far" sketch on there and that was great. Also, there was one with Bert and Ernie where Ernie drags out his mittens and muffler and sled and ice hockey sticks and skis before Bert has a chance to tell him that because it's so cold and snowy outside, he wants to play a game of checkers. Then Ernie jumps on Bert and asks him why he made him drag out all that stuff for a game of checkers and Bert collapses in exasperation.
    Anyway, hopefully they'll play some classic Kermit stuff on there soon too, because that's the great stuff I want to see on there again. Kermit rules! :)
  6. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Kermit moments? Good thought. I have so many Kermit moments. The SS News Flash skits,Kermit helping Don Music out,Kermit and Grover skits,singing Happy Feet and Bein' Green,trying to keep his froggy composure backstage in TMS,singing Moving Right Along and Magic Store in TMM,the lip-synching parodies on Sam & Friends and other tv shows,telling the worlds funniest joke with Fozzie,etc....Gotta love that frog.:)
  7. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

More Kermit moments

Can't believe I forgot to mention Kermit's great songs,

"Caribbean Amphibian" (sung with Jimmy Buffet!)
    and though it's not by Kermit, I also like The Count's "Coconut Counting Man" song with Harry Belafonte!

And I can't leave out Kermit's classic, "(It's Not Easy) Being Green".
    I love all versions of it, but probably the Sesame Street original and the first time he sang it on The Muppet Show are my favorites. (although the time he did it with Ray Charles was cool too.) :)
  8. Nickrj

Nickrj New Member

I love the Kermit moments where he gets very angry such as the one where the Count is the elevator man and Kermit wants to get off at 7 but Count first goes up to 10 and then back down to 1

Also one where Kermit directs a musical called Oklahoma starring Forgetful Jones. Jones says Eklahoma, Aklahoma, and Aahklahoma and gets Kermit very mad.

And I think the one with the T-Shirt that says Kermit the GORF or FORG. I think he got angry in that one too.

Nick JOhnson
  9. i thought Harry did Caribbean Amphibian with Kermit also?
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

remember the feet segment where Kermit has these feet come in and do all sorts of things and when Kermit wanted them to leave, they wouldn't. therefore Kermit tickled thr feet. well the person who provided them laughed as a giant would. scared me a little bit.
  11. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Fave Kermit Moment

On Sesame Street, Kermit was explaining how hands work (this isn't the same as "There once was a hand" sketch) So Kermit was saying that hands can wave(the hand waves)
    Kermit:And a hand can also point.
    (the hand points at Kermit.)
    Kermit:Well don't point at me,hand! That's rude!
    (the hand makes a gesture like "Well excuse me!)
    Kermit starts thinking of what else a hand can do and the hand pats Kermit on the head
    Kermit:Oooohhh...a hand can pat!Isn't that nice!
    (the hand pokes Kermit)
    Kermit:OW! A hand can poke! That's not nice,hand!
    (the hand scratches Kermit's back)
    Kermit:Ahhh...a hand can scratch!Oh yeah...that feels great!
    (hand tickles Kermit)
    Kermit(laughing):Heehee..a hand can tickle! Don't tickle me hand! Don't tickle...
    (hand starts fighting with Kermit)
    Kermit:OOF! A hand can fight! Stop fighting hand or I'll bite you!ARRRUUMMMPPHH!
    (Kermit takes a bite out of the hand & it goes limp)
    Kermit:You give up?
    (hand makes a motion like it's nodding)
    Kermit:How about we make up?Shake hands! A hand can also shake hands.
    (Kermit & the hand shake hands & the hand pulls Kermit out of the scene)
    Wow...I'm surprised I remembered all that! :D
    Kathy
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i believe i only saw this once durring the 80s. though it was probably from the 1st season. Kermit talking about thinhs that are round and this pink ball comes along probably voiced by Frank Oz. the ball talks about being round i think. then he began making wise crack such as my uncle was run over and became a football for the Green Bay Packers. and then his dad comes along and Kermit is scared and runs away. anyone remembers this?
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

don't think i ever mentioned this 1 here. there were only 2 of these made where he was a social worker or something. it starts out with a saxophone playing looking over SS and Kermit would say this is SS. i live here and i work here. I'm Kermit. 1 episode of this features bob playing a man named Mr. Benedict probably named after the actor who played the number painter. he forgot the name of a certain part of the body.witch was the nose. he also ended up forgetting a few other body part names. > the other 1 was with Luis also playng somebody else. he was wearing a mustashe sorry is i spelled that wrong, and came in the door laughing and i think did throughout this skit. anyone rememebr these?
  14. Soul H

Soul H New Member

In case you're looking for the lost lyrics, it goes:

Whistle whistle little bird
    Isn't eating crumbs absurd
    Try a ham and cheese on rye
    And a piece of cherry pie
    And if those crumbs are all you want
    Don't come in my restaurant

Hope this helps

15. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I've seen that one quite a few times. I especially like "X marks the spot where I love to hide."
  16. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Probably the most hilarious Kermit skit to me was that What Happens Next machine he invents. Especially loved the lines, "Now what do you want to bet the lid won't open" and , after the lid does open but the balloon won't release, "Hey listen balloon! You come out of there or I might not be responsible for what happens next!"
    The funniest News Flash moment was probably in the Tortoise and the Hare when Kermit interviews the tortoise and asks him why everyone is saying he is too slow to win the race. The tortoise says, "I...don't...know............why...they...say...that..........I'm...............................................................................................................................................slow." (And I love how he only continued when Kermit would try to speak!).
    Any time Kermit put his upper lip over his mouth was a riot, and all the more so when he would also say, "eeesh!" Remember the time he was with a little boy and his baby sister and he was asking the boy where various body parts of his sister were. Then he asks the boy where Kermit the Frog's ears are, the boy says , "I don't see any." Kermit does the overlapping lip thing and says, "Kermit the Frog doesn't have ears."
    And Kermit getting angry and frustrated was always done so funny, just like with Bert. Like the aforementioned What Happens Next skit. And when he asked people on the street what it is that makes them angry and they all said they don't have time to answer the question. Kermit himself ended up getting angry (no, furious is more like it! )
  17. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

I really liked this Skit kermit and herry and the x ray machine in the end kermit showing herry's muscles and to kermit's shock herry getting down to see them then when kermit goes to check ont he machine herry useing the machine on kermit.
  18. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

My favorite :) sketches...

*The Newsflash segments
    *Kermit demonstrating heavy and light(w/ Grover)
    *Kermit's appearance in the Hurricane episodes back in Season 32
  19. Soul H

Soul H New Member

Wait a minute. How could Sully talk about the number 2 if he never talks?

20. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I've seen the Ernie and Bert skit where Ernie does that sketch on the screen drawn with a blue line around Bert's face mentioned before at MC. But I just thought of one with Kermit. I can't remember for sure what sketches Kermit was drawing on the screen with a blue line but I think it might have been shapes like rectangles, squares, and triangles. What I do remember is Kermit saying things like, "Okay here we go. On your mark, get set, go." Then as he drew the line he made a sound like, "zzzzhhhh!". And after each new line he was very happy and satisfied, saying things like, "Beautiful!" and "How about that?!" This calls for his happy face here -----> :)