Favorite Kermit Moments

Klonoa

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
you mentioned how it would of been much more simpler for him to walk over there and turn the radio on, it reminds me there was a man and correct me if i spelled his name wrong Rupe Goldberg who never really build such devices but just drew pictures of them. i've watched the current Zoom series quite a bit since it's return to the air 5 years ago and that's where i 1st heard of him. the zoomers did a few such seens using Rupe Goldberg type of devices to do various things. don't know if they did that on the old Zoom. and of course in a Tom & Jerry cartton tom builds what he called the better mouse trap using a RG desogn. so while his inventions where never made the ideas certainly got around.
Yep, you are right. Rupe Goldberg was a cartoonist that drew all these funny inventions to do something simple. If you like that sort of thing, you may want to look into a computer puzzle game called "The Incredible Machine."

--Klonoa

Contessa

Reaction score
I liked the "Lime in the Coconut" Segment he did with Miss Piggy, and the one he did on Sesame Street...uh I think it was the Elevator one w/ the Count

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the Kermit letter segments along with Cookie and Beautiful Day where pretty good. i never saw this one but on one of the muppet sites can't remember witch one it has the section to send e-mail and a picture of Kermit talking about the letter E. anyone know how this 1 went?

fatblue

Reaction score
Yes, he ordered a letter 'F'for his lecture and realized he got an 'E', he called "Hey you guys!". Beautiful Day plays a delivery guy with hat and all, and Kermit explains he ordered an F not an E. He explains the difference between the two as the F not having the bottom part. Beautiful Day delivery guy, if you will, chops of the lower half to make it an F after all Kermits complaining.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
All of them

All of those are my favorite Kermit on Sesame Street moments.
I distinctly remember (and love)
Kermit's "Do Wop Do Wop Hop!" song
"Frogs in the Glen"
"This Frog"
"On My Pond"
"Tadpole"
"African Alphabet"
"If I Were"
-He was also in the "Do De Rubber Duck" song which I love, because it's great to see Kermit interacting with all the other characters. Even when I was growing up, I didn't get to see quite all the classic scenes people have mentioned, though I do remember a lot of them.
I would like to see some more of Kermit's lectures, and sales sessions with Grover. They sound quite funny. Or Kermit and the professor who invented things that already existed. I remember that.
I also remember The Six Dollar Man sketch. That was awesome. And now that I've actually seen The Six Million Dollar Man, I get the joke! :big_grin:
I definitely love the Kermit and the "ABC Cookie Monster" girl sketch. That was quite touching.
I've seen some of the sketch where Bob and Kermit are discussing frogs and Kermit tells Bob that frogs "live in apartments" and eat "fried chicken and pizza." That's one really funny.
I do remember hearing that Kermit was on one of the Monsterpiece Theatre sketches, but I can't remember which one.
I also totally love the sketch where Kermit goes to pick up a "Kermit the Frog" shirt and instead finds his name misspelt as "Kermit the Gorf". That one was hilarious.
Does anyone know if Kermit ever interacted with Harvey Kneeslapper? I keep thinking Harvey was the salesman in that sketch, but that's probably wrong.
Has Kermit ever interacted with Bert and Ernie at all or Big Bird and Snuffy?
I know in the "Big Bird's Storytime" video he takes a nap with Big Bird and Snuffy. That was awesome!
That also brings me to another great Kermit moment and that was all the News Flash segments he did. I remember all those and especially love the "Humpty Dumpty" one and "The 3 Little Pigs".
I also remember Kermit helping Don Music write a lot of his songs and that was great.
And then Kermit also had a sketch with The Count involving Kermit getting on an elevator and The Count never getting him to the right floor.
I also like the sketch where Kermit tries to get Herry and Cookie Monster to identify the number 5 while blindfolded. Herry accidentally breaks it after correctly identifying it as a 5. Cookie Monster comes in and Kermit explains the problem to him. Cookie Monster assures him that's it's "no problem" and he proceeds to eat the remains of the 5. He then tells Kermit it's a 5 and when Kermit asks how he could tell, he says it tastes like a 5. That was a good one.
Does anyone happen to remember a sketch where Grover sells Kermit a pair of ears? Remember, frogs don't have ears and so I think Grover tries to convince him he needs ears and Grover puts these ears made to look like a human's on Kermit and Kermit makes his sourpuss face that he does so well when he's annoyed. It just looked really funny and weird.
I'm sure there's lots others but they're all good. These are from the good old days when Kermit was just as much a part of Sesame Street as he was and is of The Muppet Show. I also love his scene in "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" where he helps Big Bird determine how Santa Claus gets down the chimney. Too bad Kermit doesn't show up now in much more than quick cameo appearances on Sesame Street projects, and generally, only in his Reporter role.
Try to catch "Play With Me Sesame" on Noggin for more classic Sesame Street clips. I don't know that I've seen Kermit on there yet, but whenever I do watch it, I've noticed that a lot of classic clips are played. I love when Prairie Dawn introduces the artwork because it's the same song she sang to introduce dear viewers to their little show about cleaning your teeth, I think. I seem to recall Herry being a tooth or something like that.
Lately, I've seen Grover doing the "Near and Far" sketch on there and that was great. Also, there was one with Bert and Ernie where Ernie drags out his mittens and muffler and sled and ice hockey sticks and skis before Bert has a chance to tell him that because it's so cold and snowy outside, he wants to play a game of checkers. Then Ernie jumps on Bert and asks him why he made him drag out all that stuff for a game of checkers and Bert collapses in exasperation.
Anyway, hopefully they'll play some classic Kermit stuff on there soon too, because that's the great stuff I want to see on there again. Kermit rules! :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Kermit moments? Good thought. I have so many Kermit moments. The SS News Flash skits,Kermit helping Don Music out,Kermit and Grover skits,singing Happy Feet and Bein' Green,trying to keep his froggy composure backstage in TMS,singing Moving Right Along and Magic Store in TMM,the lip-synching parodies on Sam & Friends and other tv shows,telling the worlds funniest joke with Fozzie,etc....Gotta love that frog.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
More Kermit moments

Can't believe I forgot to mention Kermit's great songs,

"Caribbean Amphibian" (sung with Jimmy Buffet!)
and though it's not by Kermit, I also like The Count's "Coconut Counting Man" song with Harry Belafonte!

And I can't leave out Kermit's classic, "(It's Not Easy) Being Green".
I love all versions of it, but probably the Sesame Street original and the first time he sang it on The Muppet Show are my favorites. (although the time he did it with Ray Charles was cool too.) :smile:

Nickrj

Reaction score
I love the Kermit moments where he gets very angry such as the one where the Count is the elevator man and Kermit wants to get off at 7 but Count first goes up to 10 and then back down to 1

Also one where Kermit directs a musical called Oklahoma starring Forgetful Jones. Jones says Eklahoma, Aklahoma, and Aahklahoma and gets Kermit very mad.

And I think the one with the T-Shirt that says Kermit the GORF or FORG. I think he got angry in that one too.

Nick JOhnson

muppetsforever

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Can't believe I forgot to mention Kermit's great songs,

and though it's not by Kermit, I also like The Count's "Coconut Counting Man" song with Harry Belafonte!

And I can't leave out Kermit's classic, "(It's Not Easy) Being Green".
I love all versions of it, but probably the Sesame Street original and the first time he sang it on The Muppet Show are my favorites. (although the time he did it with Ray Charles was cool too.) :smile:
i thought Harry did Caribbean Amphibian with Kermit also?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
remember the feet segment where Kermit has these feet come in and do all sorts of things and when Kermit wanted them to leave, they wouldn't. therefore Kermit tickled thr feet. well the person who provided them laughed as a giant would. scared me a little bit.