Favorite Kermit Moments

ssetta

Reaction score
Plaza Sésamo is currently seen on a network called TeleFutura. It's only available in a limited number of cities, but here in Boston, you don't even need cable. His voice actually doesn't sound bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Plaza Sésamo is currently seen on a network called TeleFutura. It's only available in a limited number of cities, but here in Boston, you don't even need cable. His voice actually doesn't sound bad.
Do you think it's available down toward Tennessee? I'd love to see P.S. BTW, a few months ago, I was in Food City, and one of there prize grabber machines had a Lola beanie from P.S. I didn't get it because, 1. my mother tells me prize grabbers are rip-offs, and another is because the Lola had dust all over her and I'm an asthmatic.

ssetta

Reaction score
It might be, but it depends on whether or not Tennessee is a big Spanish-speaking region. I don't picture it that way.

sixdollarman

Reaction score
There are so many that this might hurt my head! All of the Kermit News Flashes were awesome, but some of my favorites were:

The Pied Piper (Groovy Guy with sunglasses where the rats don't like his flute playing)

The Six Dollar Man destroying the entire lab

Both Sleeping Beauty sketches where one of them had her turning into a frog and the other one where the Prince fell asleep too.
Kermit: "Maybe someone will come around in a hundred years and kiss them both."

I'm sure more will come to me but those just really stuck out in my mind.

Klonoa

Reaction score
I like the News Flash where Kermit was investigating a big red frisbee that landed on Old MacDonald's farm.

--Klonoa
And of course, ABC...Cookie Monster

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here's a couple. i probably 1st saw this one around 1976 or 1977 but get a feeling it's probably older than that. it was about between and just before he began his demonstraition, he said i'm not looking foward to ot because Grover & Harry mess it up. witch was interesting because i don't ever recall them ever interferring with Kermit's demonstraitions. well he calls them telling them to come out from hiding assuming they're around somewhere. no one seems to be around so he walks over to these polls and says he's between and 1 of them moves and he thoughth made a mistake. though he didn't. got between them again and again 1 of them moves, keeps happening till Kermit had enough and quit and who should pop up G.& H. H. says Kermit went away. G. he didn't even thank us for mopping the floor. > also rememebr when Kermit discussed up and down and had grover climb up these stairs witch was very high and Grover saw kermit at the top of the stairs because he took the elavator and Grover, disgusted falls down the stairs. i would of loved it if the both of them went to the Empire State Building and maybe The World Trade Centers and Kermit has Grover climb up 1 of them?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Anything with Kermit from the early days was fantastic, but his demonstration with the What Happens Next Machine was the tops to me. Usually it took another monster to mess up Kermit's lecture. This time he was done in by his own invention! His machine demonstrates (or was supposed to) what happens next to turn on his radio (it would've been much easier just to walk over and turn the darn thing on himself!), but not one component of the machine works!

He cuts the rope which should drop the sandbag- the sandbag remains stuck in the air.

He pushes down on the seesaw, seesaw remains stuck. (A squirt of WD40 would've fixed that).

Kermit opens the box, and even the balloon doesn't want to cooperate!

After a few kicks, the balloon flies up and switches on the radio (which is blaring the instrumental track of 'Roosevelt Franklin's Days of the Week' TOO COOL!!!)

Kermit announces his machine's a success, until the balloon floats away, taking the radio with it.

"What happens next is I have to get another radio!"

Then as a final punchline, the sandbag finally falls and smashes the seesaw in half with a loud crunch. Kermit finally gives up.

What happens next is we should all chip in and get him a Walkman. :smile: :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
you mentioned how it would of been much more simpler for him to walk over there and turn the radio on, it reminds me there was a man and correct me if i spelled his name wrong Rupe Goldberg who never really build such devices but just drew pictures of them. i've watched the current Zoom series quite a bit since it's return to the air 5 years ago and that's where i 1st heard of him. the zoomers did a few such seens using Rupe Goldberg type of devices to do various things. don't know if they did that on the old Zoom. and of course in a Tom & Jerry cartton tom builds what he called the better mouse trap using a RG desogn. so while his inventions where never made the ideas certainly got around.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think it was actually a very good invention, only it was quite hard to get working. Hence, the remote control.