Favorite Movie on MST3K

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yep... The best part about Case of Spring Fever and Mr. B. Natural is that they used those shorts for MST3K characters.
The sketch after Case of Spring Fever always makes me laugh, where Miky the Elf shows up and teaches the bots what life would be like without Mike. And then Crow says, "I wish Mike's socks never existed", prompting a second elf named Mike's Socksy to appear.

Mr. B. Natural is a highlight among us MSTies because of the debate Crow and Servo had afterwards regarding the intrusion of said character. Servo, indignantly: "Should we have old uncles dressed up as Little Bo Peep smoking cigars teaching our children about the birds and the bees?"
And of course, you had Mary Jo Francis (the voice of Gypsy) perform the character at the Forester's T-Day dinner, where a drunk Jack Perkins started hitting on it to the point he announced their engagement.

Have fun looking up each one of those WL.
Yeah, for Spring Fever, the 'Bots figure there's a sprite for anything. When Mike disappears, they're happy, but the "Mikey" sprite keeps badgering them until they finally (and somewhat reluctantly) ask for Mike back.

Mikey: What's that you say?
Crow: Uh...I didn't say anything...

Of course, Mikey backs down like Coiley, and brings Mike back "just this once."

The 'Bots can't resist, so they call upon Socksy.

"Noooooooo Mike's socks!"

Hey Count, did you ever catch the MST3K hour? It ran for about a year (at least where I live), and was a syndicated show, usually shown at odd hours, like 1:00 Saturday morning. Several 2-hour episodes were divided into two parts, and were hosted by "Jack Perkins," a.k.a. Mike in very convincing make-up. These originally aired between 1993 and 1994, and consisted of 60 "episodes."

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The syndicated Mystery Science Theater Hour episode guide.

Cave Dwellers
Gamera
Pod People
Time of the Apes
Daddy-O
The Amazing Colossal Man
Fugitive Alien
It Conquered the World
Gamera vs. Guiron
Earth vs. the Spider
Viking Women and the Sea Serpent
War of the Colossal Beast
The Unearthly
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Space Travelers
The Giant Gila Monster
Teenagers from Outer Space
Hercules Unchained
Hercules Against the Moonmen
The Magic Sword
Tormented
The Beatnicks
Crash of the Moons
Attack of the Eye Creatures
The Human Duplicators
The Day the Earth Froze
Manos, the Hands of Fate
Secret Agent Super Dragon
I Accuse My Parents
The Magic Voyage of Sinbad

Beauregard

Reaction score
So...the premise of the series is basicly, Statler and Waldorf tied down and forced to watch SciFi movies?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
...although a lot of the episodes aren't Sci-Fi...some of them are comedies, thrillers, horror films, cop dramas and westerns. The series managed to go through almost every film genre.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Gasp! Bo? Alive? And posting?
Alert the media! Tell the masses! Our long national nightmare is far from over, and I'm not talking about Megaweapon rolling over that guy from Paper Chase.

Never saw the MST3K Hour... Was watching the show itself.
Viking Women versus the Sea Serpent and Secret Agent Super Dragon, never saw those two.
The Beatniks... Joel, upon seeing that the "e" in Beatniks was much more rounded and the tail was shorter than the roundness of the upper part: "The Boatniks".
The Magical Voyage of Sinbad... Yeah, we kept reminding the people "He's noooot Sinbad!"
Tom, when the undersea princess emerges: She's a tall drink of water.
Joel, as princess: Uh Mr. Sinbad, the neighbors have asked me to tell you to please turn it down.
Crow: Take it to the bridge! Drop it in the river.

Oh, and you got Attack of the Eye Creatures wrong. As Joel himself noted it's "Attack of the The Eye Creatures".

Hope this helps.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I caught a few eps. of the MST3K hour, when I could find them, but they weren't quite as fun as watching the entire episode. To make it worse, sometimes it wouldn't even air the following week, so you were left hanging.

The best part was Mike's Jack Perkins intros and outros.

Good lineup of episodes, though. Too bad they had to be chopped up, as no station was willing to devote a two-hour block to the show.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Oh, and you got Attack of the Eye Creatures wrong. As Joel himself noted it's "Attack of the The Eye Creatures".

Hope this helps.
And remember, it's not Cave Dwellers, it's Cav-A Dwellers, starring miles and miles O'Keefe.