Favorite Old Disney Shows?

Teheheman

Reaction score
As awesome as the cartoons were, the things I remember from Old Disney are Welcome to Pooh Corner, and Under the Umbrella Tree. I DID enjoy the cartoons though. DuckTales, Tale Spin, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. Man, these are shows I hadn't seen in a LONG dang time.

Daniel

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Ah, the memories...
I love the part where Frank Welker goes to the zoo for inspiration on animal voices.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I don't think it should have stayed in "status quo land"... They could have kept all the new events: Mayor Tippy Dink, Skeeter as a home-schooled genius, Roger Klotz as a new millionaire rivaling Bibi Bluff's position, the addition of Cleopatra Dirtbike Funny... Just, instead of the kids entering 6th grade all over again, turn that 6 upside-down into a 9 so they're entering 9th grade/HS after graduating at the end of the Nick version. That's all.
I looked it up, cause as much of a Doug fan as I am, I hadn't seen it in a while(especially the Disney version) and I couldn't remember what grade they went in, but I read that it was supposedly set 3 month AFTER the Nick series ended. Although, they DID seem to go more in the direction of 'Simpson-esque' stories. Stories that focused more on the ensemble and less on Doug himself, which is what made the series popular in the first place. A lot of it was HIS point of view, and you sympathized with him.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's no further proof that the Disney version was much more preachy than this comparison.

The old series had an episode where Doug gained a few pounds after a week at his Grandmothers. The Disney series had Patty obsessing over her weight after watching an infomercial. The difference? The Disney one had an heavy handed moral about anorexia. The old series had Nightmare Doug taking his shirt off exposing a cartoonishly large stomach. One was depressing, the other was wildly hilarious. Especially Nightmare Fat Doug's Mike Tyson-esque voice. "Hi Guythhh. What'thh cookin?"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Loved Bonkers, which spun off from Raw Toonage. Some nice ideas, some of which never quite got off the ground, but a valiant effort anyway.

Back in 1988 "New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" won an Emmy for outstanding writing, and deservedly so. I dare anyone to watch the episode "Find Her, Keep Her" and not be in tears by the end.
Only one small nitpick- in every other Disney production, Rabbit is bright yellow. For this series, they painted him the most disgusting shade of seafoam green. Ugliest color known to man!
But that's small potatoes.