Favorite Richard Hunt characters

Splurge

Reaction score
Here are some Richard appearances dear to me:

The librarian AM on SS who gets annoyed by Cookie Monster.

Kyle Kawinga (sp?) the singing civil servant on TMS.

Richard as Beautiful Day Monster on TMS with Paul Williams.

There's more where that came from!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I love all of Richard's characters!

Janice, Scooter, Statler and Beaker- they're all fabulous. Richard is definitely my all-time favourite muppeteer, no one will ever replace him (apart from the new muppeteers doing his characters. who's doing janice now, they're just ghastly!!)

Rowbes

Reaction score
"...look Mother, it's my life. If I want to walk around the beach naked, I... uh... oh."
-Janis

Say, I have a great MP3 of Richard singing a song about walking a vivacious dog. It's from TMS but I haven't seen the episode. Does anyone know what this character looks like?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Rowbes said:
Say, I have a great MP3 of Richard singing a song about walking a vivacious dog. It's from TMS but I haven't seen the episode. Does anyone know what this character looks like?
Actually the character singing that would be Wayne, of the accident-prone singing duet Wayne and Wanda. You can read a little blurb about him and Wanda at Kermitage.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to add the Wild Impresario of Ghost of Faffner Hall fame to my list of favorite Richard characters. While he may be a bit similar to Don Music and Gillis Fraggle, I kind of see Wild as a father-figure to the residents of Faffner Hall. Riff and Mimi would probably be a lot more likely to go to Wild with a problem than Farkas. Plus it was Ghost of Faffner Hall that got me into Joni Mitchell, so you could say that Richard is partially responsible for my liking her :wink:.

-Kim

DerekJ

Reaction score
Rowbes said:
"...look Mother, it's my life. If I want to walk around the beach naked, I... uh... oh."
- Janice
Also remember hearing that Hunt had a great rapport with kids, which worked for his SS characters:
I remember one segment where one of his characters is ad-libbing with kids about what they want to be when they grow up, and one of the kids says "A cook"--
"Oh, a Chef of the Future, huh?"...

That Announcer

Reaction score
Richard's best character was Beaker. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Janice comes really, really close, but Beaker wins out in the end. If a character can come through that well and only say one word- "Meep!"- then that is a tremendous character. Steve's Beaker doesn't come close to Richard's.

Richard was a truly original performer. One thing observed: Somebody might be able to do Piggy perfectly after Frank is gone, or Teeth and Chef perfectly after Henson is gone. Richard is the one performer whose characters cannot be duplicated, not for anything. Richard was the original. I don't care what Henson says- Richard Hunt was the man most responsible for making the Muppets funny.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
:wink:

Scooter...Scooter...and...let me see...

SCOOTER

I love his characters, and Scooter was what first got me interested in the Muppets in the first place. I loved Scooter in Muppet Babies (despite it techinally isn't a "Richard Hunt" character, ya know) and on the Muppet Show. He's what got me into this lovely deal. :excited:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
As said time and time again in various other threads - Scooter.

And like I've frequently said, I've had a certain fondness for the glasses-wearing, green-jacketed gofer since I was a kid.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Scooter, of course, and Janice. But I think my favorite (as of very recently) is Don Music. He's just so incredibly funny.

I'm also incredibly fond of Statler, Sweetums, Beaker, Gladys the Cow, Junior Gorg, and Placido Flamingo.