Favourite animated movies?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Of COURSE you can, Lu!!!

The more the minoritier....or something.

Q

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Foull Mouthed and Vulgar?

Quinn-

I don't see how Shrek is really vulgar. Even my very strict sister (who doesn't go see R rated films because of religious convictions) allows her young kids to watch the film. I guess it must be a regional thing. You aren't the first person to say that, but I just don't get it. I appreciate some vulgar films and I can say that I don't deem this one of them. LOL! :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Foull Mouthed and Vulgar?

Originally posted by frogboy4
Quinn-

I don't see how Shrek is really vulgar. Even my very strict sister (who doesn't go see R rated films because of religious convictions) allows her young kids to watch the film. I guess it must be a regional thing. You aren't the first person to say that, but I just don't get it. I appreciate some vulgar films and I can say that I don't deem this one of them. LOL! :wink:
Well my personal convictions are I dont go see animated films that look like *expletive deleted* ^_^ I mean, I remember seeing that preview for Shrek a year and a half ago and just cringing. What the heck kind of cgi is that, astro turf pastel, with who let the dogs out topical humor? please.

It was a complete travesty Monsters Inc or Final Fantasy didnt win(ie: REAL cool cgi films)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, take a breath, Cory. Geez. No need to get so worked up.:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am possibly the only guy besides Frogboy who actually LIKED Shrek.. I tied it with the Monsters for fave film of the year. I liked Atlantis, and I liked the animated parts of Osmosis Jones (the live action poop and vomit jokes made me cringe, not to mention Molly Shannon....ick.. worse than the vomit) but Shrek and Monsters Blew them away. In fact, i can't even remember anyother films I saw that year...

But basically, Jimmy Neutron was undeserved anyway, so the real contest was shrek and Monsters (it actually took something home that night, and it was Randy Newman's FIRST Oscar!) Jimmy Neutron I have not seen yet, I borrowed it, and I plan to see it sometime over vactation or something. Looks okay, liked the cartoon...

AbbessBryony

Reaction score
Here we go!!!!!

Toy Story
Toy Story II
Sleeping Beauty
The Secret of NIMH
Robin Hood
Oliver & Co.
Mulan
The Lion King
Lady & the Tramp
The Jungle Book
Cinderella
Beauty & the Beast
The Aristocats
Anastasia
An American Tail
All Dogs Go To Heaven

Wot a list!!!! :big_grin:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna hafta agree and say I really didn't like Shrek. I mean, Eddie Murphy just got annoying by the end. Who didn't want to shoot the donkey by the middle of the movie? And the ending was just so LAME and convenient that it just ruined it for me. I mean, it wasn't surprising and like you couldn't see it coming... it was lame and convenient.

And I really liked Ice Age. I know most of the people here like Monsters Inc and like it a whole lot better than Ice Age, but I guess I'm the minority there, cuz I didn't really like Monsters Inc. either. ^^;; But I found Ice Age to be an all around enjoyable film! Nothing spectacular, just enjoyable. Which is what I go to the movies for.

Of course, that's just MY opinion.

^_^ Debo

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Re: Foull Mouthed and Vulgar?

Originally posted by frogboy4
Quinn-

there was that part with the little figurine things mooning

Manda:-D

Reaction score
AAAAAH!!!!! HOW COULD I FORGET IT???? I forgot Oliver & Company!!! I LOOOVED Oliver & Company...Just haven't seen it in a while! Billy Joel & Huey Lewis....What's not to love? I also liked how much more low-key than, say, Little Mermaid & other such Disney fare it was......But I liked Little Mermaid, too! I'm startin' to get more into anime, though, cuz I like how they pay more attention to animation, plot & dialogue than most American companies....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

*Pinnochio 2: Emperor of the Night(Well, when I saw it in theatres I loved it...I probably wouldnt think the animation was all that these days)

What is that? Never heard of it...