1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Figure Complaints: My Figure Broke...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Fozzie Bear, Dec 10, 2003.

1. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

So you take them out of the package? Also, where do you buy them from? And where has the best price for them? If you like the Muppets are they a good thing to collect? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. jediX

jediX Active Member

Suncoast, mostly.

It's all personal choice -- some like figures, some like plush, some like...I dunno...other stuff. I got them mostly because I've been collecting Star Wars figs for years (last count was I had 450 different figures -- this doesn't count duplicates).

3. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Well, all I have so far is 4 DVD's, 7 Nascar Muppet cars, and a couple of Muppet Pez dispensers. I'm thinking of collecting the figures, and maybe a few plush items.

4. jediX

jediX Active Member

I'm mostly into trading videos, myself, but I have a few plush and obviously those figures.

Anyway, since we are sorta getting off topic here, here's my main line issues.

To me, there hasn't been a problem seres, but moreof one issue per series. Series 1 had nothing wrong for me other than the busted wooden plank thingy in the Labs playset. 2 had the obvious breakage of Floyd's patch cable from the amp. 3 was how Lew's paint wore off his shoulder articulation point. 4 was my freakazoid warped Link, that had the strange air bubble on his face. 5 was how my repaint Janice's head magnet was in backwards. 6... well... 6 lacked major flaws like that -- looks like they're getting it right now :)

5. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Right off-topic.

Well, my main problem with the line is that I'm having a hard time finding many differnet ones or stores that carry them for that matter.

6. jediX

jediX Active Member

Suncoast/Sam Goody/Media Play
    Selected Targets
    Electronics Boutique

If you want an expanded definition, I'll post it in another thread.

7. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

No Suncoast
    No Media Play
    1 Sam Goody -A little ways a way, so don't go to it very often
    2 EBs -never seen them there
    Several Targets -Not many different ones

Expanded Definition would be nice! :)

8. jediX

jediX Active Member

I'll keep it figure-specific.

Sam Goody has a fairly decent selection, as I've seen seres 4's there as well as a Janice repaint. They just don't carry PVC's or anything. EB is a luck of the draw -- sometimes they carry figures, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they drop figures altogether only to suprise you and bring them all back again. Obviously there's comic shops, but they, like eBay, will gorge you on pricing. Toys'R'Us carried ONLY series 1 (Piggy / Kermit) so you will probably only be able to locate the mediocre series 1 Piggy there. Overall, Media Play & Suncoast have been the best resources at finding them offline.

9. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Too bad there isn't either one of those here in Jacksonville, FL. Atleast that I know about.

10. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Starting in January or Febuary Toys R Us will be carrying the line again. They will have series 7 and a special Mega Gonzo repaint. They are laso planned to take series 8 with a special Animal exclusive called Animal2 on the message boards. So far only one of my figures broke. It was series 2 Animal. a leg joint was stuck and I twisted it off when I tried to move it. I returned it to the store and the problem was solved. The Muppet Labs table wires break, but all of them do that. It sucks, but there isn't anything you can do about that one. The table looks fine without the wires. Other than that, I've had no issue with a figure breaking during normal use.

Paint jobs are different. That's all personal taste. It depends how much of a perfectionisnt you are. Series 1 and 2 had no problems. Series 3 can be a little sloppy, but not really. Series 4 was fantastic. Series 5 can be sloppy, it depends. Most I've seen are good. So far, series 6 looks great, especially Clifford.

If you are looking to collect the line, I wouldn't go by this thread to make a decision. This is specifically for people with problems. On the norm, if you get a figure, it's not likely to break unless you abuse it. Pick up the kitchen and Mega Animal. So far they are the best products in the line IMO Of course the kitchen looks even better with Gonzo, Pepe, Camilla, and Rizzo hanging out in their.

BTW, didn't you say in another thread that you saw these at Target? Why are you asking where to buy them if you already saw them?

11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

First of two posts to respond to the thread's intent and fellow member DMX's concerns.

1 With the exceptions of S1 Kermit, S3 Zoot and S5 Janice, I've gotten all of my Palisades Muppets products at the local Electronics Boutique stores. Those three figures mentioned were purchased at my local Suncoast stores. The S6 lineup was purchased at www.boxingcow.com, with Vacation Fozzie and an extra Statler at Suncoast.
    My point is that I've been able to find almost everything here at my local EBX stores in Puerto Rico.

2 As for figure breakings...
    a. My first Animal lost his left wrist and right foot, which I exchanged for a new one straight from Palisades themselves.
    b. The cables from the lab table and Floyd's amp both broke off, the latter being fairly recent.
    c. The microphone holder from S2 Fozzie's mike broke off, but it's easy to put back into its hinge.
    d. One of the halves of the handcuffs from my S6 Patrol Bear Fozzie broke, and I'm looking to try to fix or replace it.

3 The paint flaking off from the shoulders of the S3 figures is quite common, since Ken said that it was a design flaw resulting from miscommunication between him and the factory.
    But if you're looking for answers to join up and collect the line, do yourself a favor and jump fright in! You can get help from the other forum members for filling gaps in the collection, and if you want you could also join the Palisades Collector's Club to get the exclusive figures offered up at the conventions.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.

12. The Count

Oh yeah, forgot to ask. WiGgY, where did you hear that it was definitive that Toys R' Us will start retailing the Muppet figures again? It was strongly hinted that they "might" start selling the figures again, and there's the reasoning behind the Mega Gonzo V.2 and Animal 2 figures, but I thought that Ken wasn't saying anything about till the PO's were processed, much like with Target to make sure that the retailer was back on board.
    Well, hope this helps and have a good day.

13. The Count

Second of my original two posts.

While opening up the figures last night, finally... I toyed with the articulation points to make sure everything works and also checked out the accessoires. What happened was that one of the two opening halves of my Patrol Bear Fozzie's handcuffs completely separated itself from the fixed chained end.
    Should I glue the piece back on and probably lose out on the swiveling feature of that cuff? Or should I try to contact Tony Equi for a replacement piece?
    Does anyone have any tips on either fixing or replacing the handcuffs?
    Please LMK so as to know how best to proceed. Thanks for your help, and have a happy holidays.

14. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

He's already said that they are getting 2 exclusives. Sure, it's not 100 percent done, but as of right now they are planned to have series 7 and 8. No reason to think otherwise right now. Ken went way beyong hints. He's already said that the drum with Animal2 will have a Toys R Us logo.

15. The Count

Thanks WiGgY, that's what I thought. And while the plans for 2004 call for those two exclusive figures to be made for Toys R' Us, isn't it possible that they could spoil the whole thing by not signing the PO's at the last minute like what happened with the retailer that was supposed to take Patrol Bear Fozzie? And if the Toys R' Us thing falls through, isn't it possible that the Animal 2 would be made as an exclusive figure for S8 but without the logo on his base drum?
    Well, I'll just file that little tidbit away and wait till the series are released to see what happens.
    Thanks for the help and have a happy holidays.

16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Yes it's POSSIBLE, but why think the glass is half empty? Currently, there is no reason to believe that Toys R Us will not carry the line. Having 2 planned exclusives, one of which is all painted up and being produced, would suggest that all is well with Toys R Us. No reason to make someone think that Toys R Us is only a rumor when it's almost 100% certain.

17. Ryan

Ryan New Member

A few complaints on mine:

When I first got my Animal, his right hand snapped off. Not popped off, but actually broke. I still can't move that hand . Also, I just got Statler and Waldrof yesterday, and:

The paint job on one tomato was really bad
    Statler's neck had black splotches on the back of it
    One of the playbill's sticker's peeled off with the tape it was attached to

I'm seriously considering taking them back. :attitude:

18. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

never had too many problems here...my catastrophe chef's hand broke off when I was too impatient unsticking it...a little super-glue and graphite fixed that right up....Janice's leg broke off when she tried to fly....and one of my vacation fozzie's legs pops off easily, although it is not broken. Consisdering the number of figures I have, I find it remarkable that I've had so few problems...and mainly of my own doing....

19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I would swap them out, too; yep. Mine had a sticker that came off with the tape, but I just peeled it off and stuck it back on the playbill. The remainder of my stuff seems to be hunky-dory!

20. jediX

jediX Active Member

Technically, TRU does carry the line -- just not in stores. TRU and Amazon's websites are essentially partnered, so technically TRU DOES carry the line, just ONLY online. If they never pick em up in stores again, it MAY be on the website.