Figure Complaints: My Figure Broke...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
First of two posts to respond to the thread's intent and fellow member DMX's concerns.

1 With the exceptions of S1 Kermit, S3 Zoot and S5 Janice, I've gotten all of my Palisades Muppets products at the local Electronics Boutique stores. Those three figures mentioned were purchased at my local Suncoast stores. The S6 lineup was purchased at www.boxingcow.com, with Vacation Fozzie and an extra Statler at Suncoast.
My point is that I've been able to find almost everything here at my local EBX stores in Puerto Rico.

2 As for figure breakings...
a. My first Animal lost his left wrist and right foot, which I exchanged for a new one straight from Palisades themselves.
b. The cables from the lab table and Floyd's amp both broke off, the latter being fairly recent.
c. The microphone holder from S2 Fozzie's mike broke off, but it's easy to put back into its hinge.
d. One of the halves of the handcuffs from my S6 Patrol Bear Fozzie broke, and I'm looking to try to fix or replace it.

3 The paint flaking off from the shoulders of the S3 figures is quite common, since Ken said that it was a design flaw resulting from miscommunication between him and the factory.
But if you're looking for answers to join up and collect the line, do yourself a favor and jump fright in! You can get help from the other forum members for filling gaps in the collection, and if you want you could also join the Palisades Collector's Club to get the exclusive figures offered up at the conventions.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot to ask. WiGgY, where did you hear that it was definitive that Toys R' Us will start retailing the Muppet figures again? It was strongly hinted that they "might" start selling the figures again, and there's the reasoning behind the Mega Gonzo V.2 and Animal 2 figures, but I thought that Ken wasn't saying anything about till the PO's were processed, much like with Target to make sure that the retailer was back on board.
Well, hope this helps and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Second of my original two posts.

While opening up the figures last night, finally... I toyed with the articulation points to make sure everything works and also checked out the accessoires. What happened was that one of the two opening halves of my Patrol Bear Fozzie's handcuffs completely separated itself from the fixed chained end.
Should I glue the piece back on and probably lose out on the swiveling feature of that cuff? Or should I try to contact Tony Equi for a replacement piece?
Does anyone have any tips on either fixing or replacing the handcuffs?
Please LMK so as to know how best to proceed. Thanks for your help, and have a happy holidays.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh yeah, forgot to ask. WiGgY, where did you hear that it was definitive that Toys R' Us will start retailing the Muppet figures again? It was strongly hinted that they "might" start selling the figures again, and there's the reasoning behind the Mega Gonzo V.2 and Animal 2 figures, but I thought that Ken wasn't saying anything about till the PO's were processed, much like with Target to make sure that the retailer was back on board.
Well, hope this helps and have a good day.
He's already said that they are getting 2 exclusives. Sure, it's not 100 percent done, but as of right now they are planned to have series 7 and 8. No reason to think otherwise right now. Ken went way beyong hints. He's already said that the drum with Animal2 will have a Toys R Us logo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks WiGgY, that's what I thought. And while the plans for 2004 call for those two exclusive figures to be made for Toys R' Us, isn't it possible that they could spoil the whole thing by not signing the PO's at the last minute like what happened with the retailer that was supposed to take Patrol Bear Fozzie? And if the Toys R' Us thing falls through, isn't it possible that the Animal 2 would be made as an exclusive figure for S8 but without the logo on his base drum?
Well, I'll just file that little tidbit away and wait till the series are released to see what happens.
Thanks for the help and have a happy holidays.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yes it's POSSIBLE, but why think the glass is half empty? Currently, there is no reason to believe that Toys R Us will not carry the line. Having 2 planned exclusives, one of which is all painted up and being produced, would suggest that all is well with Toys R Us. No reason to make someone think that Toys R Us is only a rumor when it's almost 100% certain.

Ryan

Reaction score
A few complaints on mine:

When I first got my Animal, his right hand snapped off. Not popped off, but actually broke. I still can't move that hand . Also, I just got Statler and Waldrof yesterday, and:

The paint job on one tomato was really bad
Statler's neck had black splotches on the back of it
One of the playbill's sticker's peeled off with the tape it was attached to

I'm seriously considering taking them back. :attitude:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
never had too many problems here...my catastrophe chef's hand broke off when I was too impatient unsticking it...a little super-glue and graphite fixed that right up....Janice's leg broke off when she tried to fly....and one of my vacation fozzie's legs pops off easily, although it is not broken. Consisdering the number of figures I have, I find it remarkable that I've had so few problems...and mainly of my own doing....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ryan said:
A few complaints on mine:

When I first got my Animal, his right hand snapped off. Not popped off, but actually broke. I still can't move that hand . Also, I just got Statler and Waldrof yesterday, and:

The paint job on one tomato was really bad
Statler's neck had black splotches on the back of it
One of the playbill's sticker's peeled off with the tape it was attached to

I'm seriously considering taking them back. :attitude:
I would swap them out, too; yep. Mine had a sticker that came off with the tape, but I just peeled it off and stuck it back on the playbill. The remainder of my stuff seems to be hunky-dory!

jediX

Reaction score
Technically, TRU does carry the line -- just not in stores. TRU and Amazon's websites are essentially partnered, so technically TRU DOES carry the line, just ONLY online. If they never pick em up in stores again, it MAY be on the website.