Figure Complaints: My Figure Broke...

dmx10101

Reaction score
So you take them out of the package? Also, where do you buy them from? And where has the best price for them? If you like the Muppets are they a good thing to collect? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jediX

Reaction score
Suncoast, mostly.

It's all personal choice -- some like figures, some like plush, some like...I dunno...other stuff. I got them mostly because I've been collecting Star Wars figs for years (last count was I had 450 different figures -- this doesn't count duplicates).

dmx10101

Reaction score
Well, all I have so far is 4 DVD's, 7 Nascar Muppet cars, and a couple of Muppet Pez dispensers. I'm thinking of collecting the figures, and maybe a few plush items.

jediX

Reaction score
I'm mostly into trading videos, myself, but I have a few plush and obviously those figures.

Anyway, since we are sorta getting off topic here, here's my main line issues.

To me, there hasn't been a problem seres, but moreof one issue per series. Series 1 had nothing wrong for me other than the busted wooden plank thingy in the Labs playset. 2 had the obvious breakage of Floyd's patch cable from the amp. 3 was how Lew's paint wore off his shoulder articulation point. 4 was my freakazoid warped Link, that had the strange air bubble on his face. 5 was how my repaint Janice's head magnet was in backwards. 6... well... 6 lacked major flaws like that -- looks like they're getting it right now :smile:

dmx10101

Reaction score
Right off-topic.

Well, my main problem with the line is that I'm having a hard time finding many differnet ones or stores that carry them for that matter.

jediX

Reaction score
Suncoast/Sam Goody/Media Play
Selected Targets
Electronics Boutique

If you want an expanded definition, I'll post it in another thread.

dmx10101

Reaction score
jediX said:
Suncoast/Sam Goody/Media Play
Selected Targets
Electronics Boutique

If you want an expanded definition, I'll post it in another thread.
No Suncoast
No Media Play
1 Sam Goody -A little ways a way, so don't go to it very often
2 EBs -never seen them there
Several Targets -Not many different ones

Expanded Definition would be nice! :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
I'll keep it figure-specific.

Sam Goody has a fairly decent selection, as I've seen seres 4's there as well as a Janice repaint. They just don't carry PVC's or anything. EB is a luck of the draw -- sometimes they carry figures, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they drop figures altogether only to suprise you and bring them all back again. Obviously there's comic shops, but they, like eBay, will gorge you on pricing. Toys'R'Us carried ONLY series 1 (Piggy / Kermit) so you will probably only be able to locate the mediocre series 1 Piggy there. Overall, Media Play & Suncoast have been the best resources at finding them offline.

dmx10101

Reaction score
jediX said:
Overall, Media Play & Suncoast have been the best resources at finding them offline.
Too bad there isn't either one of those here in Jacksonville, FL. Atleast that I know about.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Starting in January or Febuary Toys R Us will be carrying the line again. They will have series 7 and a special Mega Gonzo repaint. They are laso planned to take series 8 with a special Animal exclusive called Animal2 on the message boards. So far only one of my figures broke. It was series 2 Animal. a leg joint was stuck and I twisted it off when I tried to move it. I returned it to the store and the problem was solved. The Muppet Labs table wires break, but all of them do that. It sucks, but there isn't anything you can do about that one. The table looks fine without the wires. Other than that, I've had no issue with a figure breaking during normal use.

Paint jobs are different. That's all personal taste. It depends how much of a perfectionisnt you are. Series 1 and 2 had no problems. Series 3 can be a little sloppy, but not really. Series 4 was fantastic. Series 5 can be sloppy, it depends. Most I've seen are good. So far, series 6 looks great, especially Clifford.

If you are looking to collect the line, I wouldn't go by this thread to make a decision. This is specifically for people with problems. On the norm, if you get a figure, it's not likely to break unless you abuse it. Pick up the kitchen and Mega Animal. So far they are the best products in the line IMO Of course the kitchen looks even better with Gonzo, Pepe, Camilla, and Rizzo hanging out in their.

BTW, didn't you say in another thread that you saw these at Target? Why are you asking where to buy them if you already saw them?