FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If we didn't have racial tension and wars in the world, Fraggle Rock would not have been necessary.
Good point. So, I guess we can unwittingly thanks the problems of the world for being the reason such a beloved product was created. But now, since it's an institution in its own right, it shouldn't be just toted as "a show created to stop war", because it is so much more than that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Good point. So, I guess we can unwittingly thanks the problems of the world for being the reason such a beloved product was created. But now, since it's an institution in its own right, it shouldn't be just toted as "a show created to stop war", because it is so much more than that.
I get ya, but I don't look at it as thanking the problems of the world, but rather thanking Henson for taking some action against the problems.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I get ya, but I don't look at it as thanking the problems of the world, but rather thanking Henson for taking some action against the problems.
Another valid point, but it must noted that without the problems, Henson wouldn't have had the idea to create such a show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes obviously, I think we do have conflict in the world in order to spur us into action. If everything was perfect, we would never learn anything on our own. But it's stillt the people that matter to me rather than the conflicts. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Another valid point, but it must noted that without the problems, Henson wouldn't have had the idea to create such a show.
But that doesn't give the problems more reason for being:sympathy:. It might be human nature, but man since the beginning of time has always wanted to be more than its nature :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Good point. We definately care for Henson--even if we may not have known him or his team personally--but we also care for our families--our real ones & the one we obviously built here--and our friends (online or off). If we could care for everyone--including those with a different view than our own--things could be different. XD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes indeed. Including looking for the good in people (and in TV shows) despite their rough exterior. :wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yes indeed. Including looking for the good in people (and in TV shows) despite their rough exterior. :wink:
But it doesn't help if said TV show takes stabs at what believe in and stand for.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They pick at everybody, it's equal. And every group in this world has some kind of fault or hypocrisy or amusing quirk, even the things we care about. It's essential that they be pointed out sometimes (as long as it's fair).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
They pick at everybody, it's equal. And every group in this world has some kind of fault or hypocrisy or amusing quirk, even the things we care about. It's essential that they be pointed out sometimes (as long as it's fair).
Point taken. But it's sometimes hard to swallow. I mean, not everything has a hidden meaning, as I mentioned in another thread.