FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree some of those jokes are kinda stupid. But I just don't look at most of those parodies as evil. They're meant to be funny, not to ridicule. If some people use them for the wrong reasons, it's their fault, not the parodies.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Obviously there is, if I and so many of its fans see it (and they're not all immature people :wink: ). The fraggles used to argue that no one could ever love a Gorg. They later learned differently.
*sigh* I'm not going to fight about two things that aren't in the least bit related...You South Park fans can just keep your show. Just because I think the gorgs have depth does not suddenly mean I will have a great awakening and give South Park a chance. I gave it a chance, it goes against my deepest nature as a person. Period, end of story, not going to change my mind, and know of just as many non-fans that agree with me in real life :sympathy:

Honestly, that's not what they do. They point out problems, and they offer solutions in the end. It's not just dragging and dwelling.
Honestly their 'solutions' are nine times out of ten even worst than the problem was to began with. No thank you!:stick_out_tongue:
Thanks, it's good to have examples. I think this is a matter of cause and effect. People were making those jokes for years (especially the Walt Disney one, that's really old). I think the TV parodies are just reacting to those jokes. They didn't start them.
But they gave them validation, which is sometimes just as bad as having started them : (

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, I used to hate South Park too. But "I learned to meet my brother in my enemy." :wink:

It's been an interesting discussion! And I'm glad it wasn't a fight. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Honestly, I used to hate South Park too. But "I learned to meet my brother in my enemy." :wink:

It's been an interesting discussion! And I'm glad it wasn't a fight. :smile:
There are some people and shows you just can't get along with though. It's not wrong to hate something if you have a real reason for it and aren't hurting anyone over it:sympathy:....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I agree some of those jokes are kinda stupid. But I just don't look at most of those parodies as evil. They're meant to be funny, not to ridicule. If some people use them for the wrong reasons, it's their fault, not the parodies.
But the parodies give these people a sense of reason to do these things.

Example: Because a head Archie writer wanted to kill off Sally & Sega forbade him from doing so, he turned her character into something most Sonic fans hate, even if it's not the character that's really doing whatever it is she is doing.

Thank heavens that said writer was fired & the new one--Ian Flynn--is restoring Sally to how she originally was from SatAM & into the early Archie Sonic issues, but that's beside the point. It shouldn't have been done, period, because many newer fans hate her for her past actions under said fired writer.

Plus, when Archie created the false Sonic--Scourge--and had him hit on every female in the comics (from Sally, to Mina, to Fiona, to Amy, etc.), it ended up putting Sonic himself in a bad light, something that the blue blur hasn't ever since recovered from, IMHO.

I mean sure, when Sonic and Sally want to have kids (see Mobius: 25 Years Later) & they need to do the horizontal tango to make that happen, it's okay, but even that should remain behind closed doors, because that's something private between those characters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There are some people and shows you just can't get along with though. It's not wrong to hate something if you have a real reason for it
Well I do agree with that. There's are certain beliefs I have that are important to me and I wouldn't want to see ridiculed.

But I am a believer that there's good in everyone and everything, despite the evil they may do. The good doesn't cancel out the evil, but the good should be sought out and recognized and certainly encouraged. And if we are all connected and part of this world, then we are all each other's responsibility.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Too bad others don't view the world that way. Some think that it's just there for the taking.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know about the athlete Jesse Owens, who won gold in the 1936 Nazi Olympics, challenging Hitler's racist propaganda? He wrote in his autobiography that his main competition came from German athlete Luz Long. To his surprise, Luz ended up supporting him (which was a very brave thing to do with Hitler watching), and the two became friends. Jesse Owens still hated everything the Nazis stood for, but he saw the good in his fellow athlete:

"Even if Luz was a Nazi who might soon be my archenemy again, trying to kill my countrymen and even me, I felt that beneath that he was my brother."

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I do agree with him and that we're all humans molded in some way, but I don't see how people--as imperfect as we are--can see past all the issues of the world.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Still, having justified hate that one can never get over does not automatically make someone a bad or shallow person, it's just when they use that hate toward bad ends that does IMHO..