FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think we're here to solve all the problems. We can't stop things from ever happening again. All we can do is try, that's what will matter. And whether we, even in the midst of the worst circumstances, can recognize good and feel love.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Still, having justified hate that one can never get over does not automatically make someone a bad or shallow person, it's just when they use that hate toward bad ends that does IMHO..
I don't say anyone is a bad or shallow person. And it's not about getting over hate. Jesse Owens still went to war and fought against the Nazis, even if that maybe met fighting against his friend on the battle field. It's really about also finding the love in a situation. Jesse and Luz continued to write letters to each other for years, until Luz was finally killed in battle elsewhere.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Jesse Owens still went to war and fought against the Nazis, even if that maybe met fighting against his friend on the battle field
But why did his friend get sucked into Hitler's garbage at all? Some people--honestly--just like to see the world suffer, just as The Joker did in The Dark Knight.

Example: The extremist sect in the Middle East brainwashing kids to kill each other or others by way of ripping off Mickey Mouse...

This does NOT mean that all Middle Easterners are bad or that all believe the drivel by this Hamas organization, but it does put these people in a bad light, just as 9/11 did. I mean, yes, we Americans are justified in getting even with those who caused the disaster, but we are just fueling more problems by trying to "help" when some people don't wish for us to be where we are at present. Plus, some Americans' hatred towards every Muslim citizen for what some of the people did is stupid, ignorant, and downright callous, IMHO.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
According to Jesse's autobiography, Luz was afraid for the safety of his family if he didn't join the army. That's what it was like to live in a dictatorship.

I'm not saying every Nazi soldier was against it all. But many were.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's what it was like to live in a dictatorship.
And I am afraid of our safety when our government is monitoring everybody via wire tapping, when Bibles are banned from prisons when the convicts could use them to repent, when hugs and other small displays of affection can warrant detention, and when the world government is pointing fingers at each other (ex: Americans thinking every Muslim is a terrorist, British people thinking every American is a redneck country person, Americans thinking every British person is Austin Powers-eque, other countries blaming America for 9/11, etc.).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
America's far from becoming a dictatorship, we don't know the meaning of the word. We can try living in Russia or China for a day if we really want to know. :wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
America's far from becoming a dictatorship, we don't know the meaning of the word. We can try living in Russia or China for a day if we really want to know. :wink:
Communism doesn't mean a dictatorship, but we sit and say that our country is democracy when we know darn well that it is a capitalistic nation.

Redsonga

Reaction score
According to Jesse's autobiography, Luz was afraid for the safety of his family if he didn't join the army. That's what it was like to live in a dictatorship.

I'm not saying every Nazi soldier was against it all. But many were.
I'm glad my family left germany well before any of that happened honestly. Still, that is all in the past, and I wish that the link of German =nazi was not so common even now. It did happen, but that was generations ago, we had nothing to do with it:sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Communism doesn't mean a dictatorship, but we sit and say that our country is democracy when we know darn well that it is a capitalistic nation.
No, but those countries happen to be. I've spoken with people from there, it's not pretty. And yes, we are a capitalist nation. Have to be blind not to notice that, hehe.