FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Cough cough... the Get Smart set was already a complete series via Time Life... cough cough.

I just think they shouldn't have a complete series until all the seasons are available in single collections first. FR and GS are jumping the gun, going straight to complete...
I agree, I was just saying a little bit against the idea that they should *never* have a full set :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree, I was just saying a little bit against the idea that they should *never* have a full set :coy:

The idea of a complete series set is basically to take up all the extra disks they made of any given season sets of any given show, rewrap them in a new box, and (sometimes) offer them at a bulk buy discount. Basically it is cheaper to get the full series, as long as you want to buy it all at once.

So basically, when done RIGHT (releasing the series as single season sets) there's a choice for both people who want the entire series, provided they wait. I think this jumps the gun.

Of course, there was already another Get Smart complete series set... a 2 disk set of the failed 1990's version.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Personally, I think they should release all seperate seasons first and then do a complete series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I think they should release all seperate seasons first and then do a complete series.
Exactly the point. That's what they did for numerous sitcoms, The Flintstones, and Batman TAS... I think there was a The Batman complete series collection... but it was basically just the five seasons bundled together with plastic wrap...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And sadly, FR may get similar treatment, considering how it seems that the complete series' disks come in sleeves instead of the cases that the seperate season DVDs came in.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
A lot of shows don't come to DVD based on the the expensive music rights on some shows.

And Fraggle Rock did get more exposure and popularity when it came the Disney Channel and on basic cable on TNT and the cartoon series on NBC.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
A lot of shows don't come to DVD based on the the expensive music rights on some shows.
That or they were so full of stock footage from other franchises that copyright's become a monster with a stranglehold on the show (Muppet Babies comes to mind).

Drtooth

Reaction score
And sadly, FR may get similar treatment, considering how it seems that the complete series' disks come in sleeves instead of the cases that the seperate season DVDs came in.
Then shudder at this though... one series set is basically a big spool in a box and all the disks are ON TOP OF EACH OTHER!

Of course, it's What's happenin', and I hate that show, and I think its fitting... but even then, it's the worst idea ever.