Financing Issues Frustrate Henson-Valentine Deal

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma

beaker i know that the muppets will always be the muppets in our hearts....they saved theirselves from one Bitterman, but there's a whole army out for them...and they might be able to dim the muppets, but they cannot extinguish them! us fans will keep them alive FOREVER!!! and no big bad company can change that! i do believe in your dream, and as bleak it may sound at times i know it will be a reality and if it isn't....well we just can't let that happen,can we?-Sarah
Aww, thanks! Well, I know how over idealistic and zealous my posts are...yes it seems I try to provoke, stir and stimulate a bit too much. But I cant turn a blind eye to the financial situation either. To do so of course would be foolish, yet there is definately some love there from outside companies keeping JHC afloat.
While the decade plus of financial uncertainty does loom, 2003 will I think mark a turning point for not just the franchise but the company. I think JHC is at a crossroads...2002 was a whirlwind of activity and announcements aimed at the eventual full onslaught comeback(which I think shall be staged next year) I think it layed the groudnwork for whats to come. I am very encouraged by by certain things Im hearing....it seems indeed, folks up at JHC are like minded in ambitious pipe dreams and ideas...if only to get back to stable ground to really make such things a possibility.

Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
I've been a major Muppet fan only since '95, and while I have seen enough pre-90s Henson material to say they were better and just had this "thing" and certain mood in those days which makes me love the company, I've had to deal with a time of bad deals

Funny you should mention that...as I myself didnt get back into the Muppets til around xmas of 1995.(it had been about 5.5 years since I had last been so hardcore) Variety magazine had a whole issue devoted to the 40th annversery, and it was from reading that I really felt a comeback was eminent. Of course 7 years later since then, things are still in a murky situation...yet the promise of a new day rings clearer than it ever did in early 96 or 99(AKA the last couple supposed 'revival' years for the Muppets)

So yes, things are a bit scattered now. You have no more Bear hoopla that we had seen in years past sadly....Farscape is now cancelled, Sesame is owned by SW...and you still have EM.TV holding on desperately like some sort of leech.

But next year...we will see thee biggest Muppet merchandise year EVER.

We will see a brand new prime time Muppet show like no other, on the Fox network.

Along with a many splendid slew of suprises

So indeed...the future looks bright. The Muppets are at a crossroads, on the shores of destiny. The dream is a alive and well...and despite these corporate suits, financial dealings, etc...it all comes down to the basics. The lovers, the dreamers, and you.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
The Muppets are at a crossroads, on the shores of destiny.
Crossroads on the shores of destiny? Have you been reading romance novels again? LOL!:big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score

But next year...we will see thee biggest Mupopet merchandise year EVER.

We will see a brand new prime time Muppet show like no other, on the Fox network.

Along with a many splendid slew of suprises

So indeed...the future looks bright. The Muppets are at a crossroads, on the shores of destiny. The dream is a alive and well...and despte these corporate suits, financial dealings, etc...it all comes down to the basics. The lovers, the dreamers, and you.
YAY MORE MUPPET STUFF I NEED THAT!!!!

I sure hope the prime time show goes through....and the most important thing is that they get awesome writers!

Let's hope those surprises are all GREAT!

Sarah

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Crossroads on the shores of destiny? Have you been reading romance novels again? LOL!:big_grin:
Close! Euro synthpop albums, hehe.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
YAY MORE MUPPET STUFF I NEED THAT!!!!

I sure hope the prime time show goes through....and the most important thing is that they get awesome writers!

Let's hope those surprises are all GREAT!

Sarah
Man, all I REALLY want are the specials (and JHH segments) of 1990 and before. So I may record all of them and watch them over and over. My gosh, it would be glorious.

Sesame Street specials included.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Ideally I wish ONE company could own everything: JHC, Sesame, Creature Shop, BITBBH, etc.
And I wish that company could be me...

I still hold on to my hope for a miracle...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Man, all I REALLY want are the specials (and JHH segments) of 1990 and before. So I may record all of them and watch them over and over. My gosh, it would be glorious.

Sesame Street specials included.
yeah but i crave new blood.....wait that sounded wrong!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
yeah but i crave new blood.....wait that sounded wrong!
Yes, of course, definitely. I'm really looking forward to the new Muppet series (I'm watching one of my TMS videos right now) and the NBC movie showed me the Muppets still got what it takes (and even better, Pepe's bound to be a big part of the Muppet universe). Though I have to say I'd be MORE excited if I knew WHEN the show is gonna air or what the show is even ABOUT. But it's still cool though.

And there's nothing wrong with craving blood, we all need it.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Crossroads on the shores of destiny

Well, it should be easy for them, then.

If the crossroads are on the shores of destiny, then they should make sure that they don't drive into the ocean.

Wait---maybe they should and were meant to because Kermit's a frog.

No, no, wait---if Kermit went into the ocean his followers couldn't follow because they're not amphibians.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Though I have to say I'd be MORE excited if I knew WHEN the show is gonna air or what the show is even ABOUT. But it's still cool though.
Rumor has it: Possibly Summer, Muppet Theatre setting, new edginess(perhaps tvpg?) and Fox channel.